Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

Hasn’t Puel inadvertently disclosed that Riyad is on his way in his interview on the OS?

He says 12 international players are yet to return. That would be the World Cup 10 plus Amartey and Slimani wouldn’t it?

Edited by Nickfosse

6 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Deary me.

Have you been watching the World Cup?

Sterling been absolutely terrible. 

He must have missed 6 or 7 gilt edged chances.

He hasn’t scored to England for approaching three ****ing years.

Had Vardy been given the same game time he probably have bagged four goals in this tournament.

As well as Gareth has done; this is a massive blindspot he’s got.

Sterling has 1.22 xG this tournament so he hasn't missed 6 or 7 gilt edged chances. More like 1 or 2. 

Also, why on earth are you judging players based on the world cup? Sterling in particular is being played miles out of position next to a striker who's displaying the movement skills of an oak tree. With all due respect, he'd walk into your team ahead of Albrighton. He walks into ours and we're one of the best teams of the decade. 

1 minute ago, MCFC said:

Sterling has 1.22 xG this tournament so he hasn't missed 6 or 7 gilt edged chances. More like 1 or 2. 

Also, why on earth are you judging players based on the world cup? Sterling in particular is being played miles out of position next to a striker who's displaying the movement skills of an oak tree. With all due respect, he'd walk into your team ahead of Albrighton. He walks into ours and we're one of the best teams of the decade. 

This is all true. Mahrez is better than sterling though. Sane and Mahrez on the flanks is some serious firepower to complement Aguero, Silva, KDB etc. Wait till you see just how good he is.

20 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

To me it appears that Sterling needs 10 goes at it to score or create 1 chance or goal. Luckily at Man City he gets great service. Mahrez will create and take his chances. No worries on that front.

This is completely wrong. Sterling has a better conversion rate than Kane, Salah and even Messi. Sadly people who don't watch him regularly get carried away by the regular media assassinations instead of forming their own opinions. 

It's interesting, though, that all of the ex-pros and pundits thought he was good yesterday while his critics were mostly rival fans on the internet. 

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

You clearly haven't been watching it if you think Sterling is a bad player. Sure, he hasn't got an end product BUT he is a midfielder and being a prolific goalscorer isn't the role of a midfielder. He is a very good footballer in my opinion, creative and flamboyant with pace to burn. Having said all of this, Mahrez is the player I would choose out of him and Sterling. I'm under no illusions, Mahrez will score 20 and assist 20 in their team which is why 60 million is a joke. 

I didn’t say Sterling is a bad player if you care to read.

I said he has been terrible at the WC for England; based on missing golden chance, after chance in every game he has played in the tournament. 

This has been seen by everyone who has watched the games. This continuing trait and level of form has been a total liability, despite the team’s progression.

I have no problem with him as an individual; I know nothing about the bloke my opinion is based solely on performance for England.

17 minutes ago, MCFC said:

I don’t doubt he’d walk into our team.

I have no idea what those numbers you quote mean, nor where they are from.

To say he’s missed only 1 or 2 chances in the tournament is ludicrous. He missed two in the first 20 mins of the Tunisia game! 

My initial point was and remains; given is level of performance and international goal tally, Sterling is very fortunate to be selected and given such game time.

Considering Vardy’s ratio of chances to goals, and the quantity he scored last season in a very mediocre side, he I think had every right to feel a little aggrieved to be RS’s back up.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

32 minutes ago, MCFC said:

This is completely wrong. Sterling has a better conversion rate than Kane, Salah and even Messi. Sadly people who don't watch him regularly get carried away by the regular media assassinations instead of forming their own opinions. 

It's interesting, though, that all of the ex-pros and pundits thought he was good yesterday while his critics were mostly rival fans on the internet. 

Wow, just wow.

You support a better team in man city, therefore we have formed our opinions based upon media assassinations of sterling.

I've hardly read anything about England. I have formed my opinion solely based upon the shite that he has dished up.

Him and alli are the weak links. At least alli can point to an injury but shit confidence that has only come about through shit performances is the best that sterling can have.

At least by the time the euros comes around he will be nowhere near the team.

You guys don't realise just how good mahrez is. He will walk  into sterling's place and maybe then you will see what the rest of the world has seen this world cup.

Your team is superior, you however have mistaken that for meaning that your opinion is superior. Even great teams can have shit players and you have proven they can and do also have stupid fans.

You don't deserve riyhad.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Hasn’t Puel inadvertently disclosed that Riyad is on his way in his interview on the OS?

He says 12 international players are yet to return. That would be the World Cup 10 plus Amartey and Slimani wouldn’t it?

Amartey shouldn't be classed as an international player as he didn't get a call up this summer due to injury.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

Amartey shouldn't be classed as an international player as he didn't get a call up this summer due to injury.

Fair enough. I thought he’d been given time off to play for Ghana. Apologies. 

1 minute ago, brucey said:

They're disagreeing with the Daily Mail and saying it hasn't been agreed

Its all bollocks. Nobody knows anything.  Could, should, shall...held up on fees... pending medicals....pending mahrez shaggin a llama..pending a family member to review contract details.

These newspapers need to report when they actually have something more concrete then what we all have assumed since last year.

• Like 1

The

14 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Its all bollocks. Nobody knows anything.  Could, should, shall...held up on fees... pending medicals....pending mahrez shaggin a llama..pending a family member to review contract details.

These newspapers need to report when they actually have something more concrete then what we all have assumed since last year.

The bit about the llama is true though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCFC said:

lol 

Not keen on Kane then?

Edited by SecretPro