Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

No point! 

They'd never believe me. 

I just didn't realise that the business side of football was important until it was pointed out to me. 

You really do learn something new every day don't you!? 

So you are telling me the players don't get paid in pop snd crisps and an ice cream if they win? 

Fvck off I aint having that.:whistle:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I don’t doubt he’d walk into our team.

I have no idea what those numbers you quote mean, nor where they are from.

To say he’s missed only 1 or 2 chances in the tournament is ludicrous. He missed two in the first 20 mins of the Tunisia game! 

My initial point was and remains; given is level of performance and international goal tally, Sterling is very fortunate to be selected and given such game time.

Considering Vardy’s ratio of chances to goals, and the quantity he scored last season in a very mediocre side, he I think had every right to feel a little aggrieved to be RS’s back up.

Sterling is out of position as an attacking midfielder but I have to say I imagine Vardy would be even more out of place. Sterling has better pass accuracy than Vardy and got 10x as many assists in the league last season. If they were competing for the role of striker then yeah, put Vardy in, but as they aren't I don't think Vardy would be any better off. 

14 hours ago, SecretPro said:

lol 

Not keen on Kane then?

To be fair I usually like Kane but he's barely broken a sweat all tournament. I can forgive him as long as he keeps bagging penalties and rebounds but against Sweden we'd have been better off deploying Alexander-Arnold (or worse, Rashford) up there. 

15 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Wow, just wow.

You support a better team in man city, therefore we have formed our opinions based upon media assassinations of sterling.

I've hardly read anything about England. I have formed my opinion solely based upon the shite that he has dished up.

Him and alli are the weak links. At least alli can point to an injury but shit confidence that has only come about through shit performances is the best that sterling can have.

At least by the time the euros comes around he will be nowhere near the team.

You guys don't realise just how good mahrez is. He will walk  into sterling's place and maybe then you will see what the rest of the world has seen this world cup.

Your team is superior, you however have mistaken that for meaning that your opinion is superior. Even great teams can have shit players and you have proven they can and do also have stupid fans.

You don't deserve riyhad.

When have I said that my opinion is superior? I'm merely stating that people who watch Sterling every week are far more likely to have a measured opinion of him than people who watch him playing out of position in a (let's face it) offensively poor England team. I'm also saying that ex-pro players, pundits and journalists (not to are far more likely to know what they're on about than fans on the internet- including me. 

Tell you what, I'll bet you right now that if both stay fit, Sterling will get at least as many minutes for M. City next season as Mahrez and will score at least twenty goals again. Pep won't toss such an important player aside just because Mahrez arrives. If I'm wrong, I'll leave the forum.

5 minutes ago, MCFC said:

When have I said that my opinion is superior? I'm merely stating that people who watch Sterling every week are far more likely to have a measured opinion of him than people who watch him playing out of position in a (let's face it) offensively poor England team. I'm also saying that ex-pro players, pundits and journalists (not to are far more likely to know what they're on about than fans on the internet- including me. 

Tell you what, I'll bet you right now that if both stay fit, Sterling will get at least as many minutes for M. City next season as Mahrez and will score at least twenty goals again. Pep won't toss such an important player aside just because Mahrez arrives. If I'm wrong, I'll leave the forum.

Here is my opinion, Sterling is complete rubbish!!

He is erratic, shocking in front of goal and has zero calmness on the ball, everything is just rushed.

Mahrez is better on the ball, although he is not that quick, he will offer you more goals than Sterling but consistency is not Riyads strong point.

He is temperamental, so treat him with care. I for one will be happy to see him go.

£400K player turned into £60 Million Yes please Mr Pep.

24 minutes ago, MCFC said:

To be fair I usually like Kane but he's barely broken a sweat all tournament. I can forgive him as long as he keeps bagging penalties and rebounds but against Sweden we'd have been better off deploying Alexander-Arnold (or worse, Rashford) up there. 

lol what a load of shit. Did you see him against Colombia? The bloke was everywhere 

4 hours ago, kylestyle06 said:

That’s not even his Facebook account ?

I find it a sad indictment of today's society when a fake Facebook account of an Algerian football player attracts 110'000+ "fans"/likes.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I find it a sad indictment of today's society when a fake Facebook account of an Algerian football player attracts 110'000+ "fans"/likes.

Algeria is not exactly the most interesting place on the Earth, plus they do not show Love Island there, so what else is there to other than bum-up RM? 

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Algeria is not exactly the most interesting place on the Earth, plus they do not show Love Island there, so what else is there to other than bum-up RM? 

i used to love that little tattoo in it . was years ago is it back on .

16 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Wow, just wow.

You support a better team in man city, therefore we have formed our opinions based upon media assassinations of sterling.

I've hardly read anything about England. I have formed my opinion solely based upon the shite that he has dished up.

Him and alli are the weak links. At least alli can point to an injury but shit confidence that has only come about through shit performances is the best that sterling can have.

At least by the time the euros comes around he will be nowhere near the team.

You guys don't realise just how good mahrez is. He will walk  into sterling's place and maybe then you will see what the rest of the world has seen this world cup.

Your team is superior, you however have mistaken that for meaning that your opinion is superior. Even great teams can have shit players and you have proven they can and do also have stupid fans.

You don't deserve riyhad.

Sterling scored 18 league goals for Man City last season from out wide.  There are very few players who have the speed of feet and technique that he does, but you don't see him take players on for England.  if you watched him play for Manchester City last season, you would not suggest that he's shit. For Manchester City his finishing was sometimes brilliant, sometimes awful.  It's definitely a weakness.  It's terrible for England, but I think that is exacerbated by lack of confidence from an extremely hostile section of the media.  The comments he got pre World Cup were out of order.

You're entitled to your opinion about him, but I think you are assuming that his form for England reflects his natural ability.  I don't think there are any forwards in the england side who demand a start.  Rashford is ridiculously over-rated.  His finishing is worse than Sterling's.  Like Sterling, Vardy will not get the service.  

It does not bother me that much whether Sterling plays for England or not, but it annoys me when fans just criticise him without reflecting on the difference between his form for club and country.  It sees clear to me that Sterling faces two problems as an England player

1) Lack of through balls.  Vardy would have same issue.  Set-pieces might suit Kane.  They don't suit Sterling

2) He's not mature enough yet to handle the intense criticism he gets, and he passes the ball off, or chooses safe option or fluffs chances that he'd do by instinct at Man City.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Naz said:

Sterling scored 18 league goals for Man City last season from out wide.  There are very few players who have the speed of feet and technique that he does, but you don't see him take players on for England.  if you watched him play for Manchester City last season, you would not suggest that he's shit. For Manchester City his finishing was sometimes brilliant, sometimes awful.  It's definitely a weakness.  It's terrible for England, but I think that is exacerbated by lack of confidence from an extremely hostile section of the media.  The comments he got pre World Cup were out of order.

You're entitled to your opinion about him, but I think you are assuming that his form for England reflects his natural ability.  I don't think there are any forwards in the england side who demand a start.  Rashford is ridiculously over-rated.  His finishing is worse than Sterling's.  Like Sterling, Vardy will not get the service.  

It does not bother me that much whether Sterling plays for England or not, but it annoys me when fans just criticise him without reflecting on the difference between his form for club and country.  It sees clear to me that Sterling faces two problems as an England player

1) Lack of through balls.  Vardy would have same issue.  Set-pieces might suit Kane.  They don't suit Sterling

2) He's not mature enough yet to handle the intense criticism he gets, and he passes the ball off, or chooses safe option or fluffs chances that he'd do by instinct at Man City.

Spot on

13 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

Spot on

Thanks.  Harry Maguire has been brilliant by the way for England, but I guess you guys know that already.  I didn't.

The England back 3 is outstanding.  And the defensive game of Young, Trippier, Henderson is also good too.  This I think is why England are where they are.  Easy opposition, but not leaking goals in the way they have at the past.  It's probably as far as they will go now, but you never know.

Hoping Mahrez deal is sorted soon so both Man City and Leicester fans can move on.  Roberts is quite an exciting player.  he could in fact be really special.  He made a big mistake going to Scotland which took him out of the public eye.  He's a bit lightweight but in many ways there are similarities to Mahrez.  He'd need games.  Not sure he will get them at Leciester as I know you've got Demari Gray who is just coming through too.

• Like 2