Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tottenham Hotspur (A) Match Thread

Why haven’t we been playing like this all season? I mean Spurs are very open but we’ve been looking to exploit that and get forward quickly for once and it’s been far better to watch and we’ve looked more likely to score.

If Puel had been arsed we might have been worth watching.

Iborra and Silva have given it away a lot though.

So 2 games we play with a bit more intensity and attacking intent and we find ourselves looking a lot more dangerous again, scoring goals and getting crowd behind us.

Hope the lightbulb has finally lit up for Puel.

My worry is he’ll use the summer to find players to suit his system rather than ones that can build on what we’re already good at.

Not sure we need to be this possession based team when we have players who scare opposition defenders with the speed we counter attack.

That move where Gray nearly made it 3 was sublime. (Can’t comment too much on the actual goals as my stream was stubbornly refusing to work at the time). 

• Like 1

Just now, justfoxes said:

Just seen the replays Simpson you Fuching Cockwomble gifting Kane the equaliser !!

Simpson needs to Be sold in the summer !

He's done fine except for that mistake.

5 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

switched to Arabic Bein stream now and it's so much better than English one I watched before. I don't understand a word except the clubs and player names but at least the guy mentions Leicester from time to time don't babble about Spuds in morose tone and seems genuinely excited

also, PUEL IN lol

Is that the same one I listened to before, where the commentator repeats each player's name about 3/4 times everytime they get the ball?

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Stating the bleeding obvious I know but we're ace when teams set-up like this against us. If we could just devise a way to beat the scrappers when they turn up and park the bus, we could be a real threat again.

You mean playing the same way against them?

If teams want to park the bus then we respond with waves after wave of attack.

It all comes down to whether we’re brave enough to press high up the pitch and go for goal at the earliest opportunity.

Finding different ways to play is overrated. You stick to what you’re good at. That’s what we used to do and it worked.

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Just seen the replays Simpson you Fuching Cockwomble gifting Kane the equaliser !!

Never understand the Simpson hate. He’s not an attack minded player and I agree we need an attacking creative right back in the summer, and he can make some mistakes at times, but I believe he’s one of the best positional and defensive players in the league and against strong opposition we’re lucky to have him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Not getting much money from that sale. Maybe a buck fifty 

Other than the goal we've done a good job on Kane.

Great to see Nachoman and Gray having maybe their best games this season. Yes, Silva and Iborra have both made a few mistakes but overall they've still been good.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

It all comes down to whether we’re brave enough to press high up the pitch and go for goal at the earliest opportunity.

Finding different ways to play is overrated. You stick to what you’re good at. That’s what we used to do and it worked.

You can't counter 11 men behind the ball. It means us having to pass the ball around to find space because it's restricted. If it's not restricted against open teams it's easier to play quick ball through them.

Our sodding title winners started to find it difficult when teams just sat back.

Edited by Babylon

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Couldn’t agree more.

We need a plan B and plan C on occasions plan A doesn’t work but ordinarily we should be playing to our strengths against everyone.

Best form of defense is attack, if opposition are worried about our counter attacking they won’t be able to commit fully in their attacks, and teams that park the bus should find themselves constantly under pressure - and is ready to exploit the one time they don’t manage to defend properly.