Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Best PL Achievement: Treble, Invincible’s or 100 points?

What is the greatest achievement in the PL era?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is the greatest achievement in the PL era?

• Treble winners. Manchester United 1998/99
    • The Invincibles. Arsenal 2003/04
    • 100 points. Manchester City 2017/18

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

I can't see the "Leicester winning the PL" option? Fail!

Leicester winning the prem is by far the greatest achievement of the PL era and and also the greatest sporting achievement in the history of the world, end of.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Which of the above is the greatest achievement by a side in one season? For me Man Utd treble but I can see merit in them all. Obviously I’m waiting for some insecure **** to say Leicester 2015/16 so I’ll get it out the way.

27 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I can't see the "Leicester winning the PL" option? Fail!

took all of 4 minutes lol 

• Haha 1

To go through a whole season without losing is to me the greatest achievement especially when there wasn't the whole billionaires club(ie Man.City)

The treble is a very close second as it's just the cherry on the top. If you think how great Man.C have been this season,getting 100 points BUT still losing games,the Arsenal's invincible team shows what they had.

obviously the treble is the best “achievement”. 

the invincibles will never happen again.  

but this man city team team would have won the league in any of the previous 150 seasons. they’re the best team to ever play in england. 

It's not all the same achievement though, is it? Winning three trophies is obviously better than one but the other two teams managed 11 and 21 points more respectively.

In terms of the league campaign, 100 points is some going. I'd say that was the best.

I was listening to Scowcroft about this, admittedly he is a Man U fan, but he made a good point.

Man City’s record only was achieved because they were knocked out of Europe with nothing left to play for. 

Man U had to juggle three more Champions league games and three more FA Cup games, so they had to rotate their players a lot more and lose/draw more games than they probably would have done.