Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

France v Croatia - World Cup Final

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Sorry, in what way?

How would they have possibly won that game without the intervention of the referee?

They got battered. They can only play on the break and referee gave them the opportunity to do so.

I thought they were the better team overall. Or maybe I just think they have the better looking players :whistle: 

In general terms I have enjoyed this World Cup the most since 2002 probably but it has also disappointed me more than any other since around then also 

VAR has been misused in my opinion and some very very dodgy decisions after watching Replays countless times proves it doesn’t work. If it’s that hard to work out it shouldn’t be given

poor in that respect really poor

also footnote the Brazilian players (Neymar largely) spoilt it for me also, the play acting etc, if he had of just got on with it and tried Brazil would of got further in my opinion 

Edited by Bob Weasel Fox
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

In general terms I have enjoyed this World Cup the most since 2002 probably but it has also disappointed me more than any other since around then also 

VAR has been misused in my opinion and some very very dodgy decisions after watching Replays countless times proves it doesn’t work. If it’s that hard to work out it shouldn’t be given

poor in that respect really poor

also footnote the Brazilian players (Neymar largely) spoilt it for me also, the play acting etc, if he had of just got on with it and tried Brazil would of hot further in my opinion 

What got me was that there was zero VAR intervention. If the ref didn't see it or suspect anything, it still didn't happen. So that team watching screens in Moscow did absolutely NOTHING.

Edited by simFox

2 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I'd like a hug from the President of Croatia too.

:D

Love the fact she’s wearing her Croatia shirt without giving a fvck

• Like 4

Grats to the French!

Croatia did not get robbed; they rode their own luck massively throughout the knockout stages making Danes, Russians and Brits cry. France stepped up whenever they needed to, and they needed to in this final where Croatia probably played their best match since their group game against Argentina.

Also I really do not mind the little genius N'Golo Kanté getting his hands on the WC trophy.

Brilliant World Cup, one of the best I can remember.

So many highly entertaining matches and quality goals. Bit disappointed that France won even though I predicted them to win before the tournament, just because I feel they play to not lose rather than to win. I felt that Croatia played so classy and it would have been Leicester-like for the underdog to have his day. But whilst, they can complain about the penalty decision, I think they were too open in the second half and that has cost them. They had 45 minutes to get an equalizer but attacked too much in the first 20 of the second half and France clearly have a leaf out of our 2015/16 team with a lethal counter attack. Credit to Kante, I know he's not ours anymore and that he only played 55 minutes, but that is a former Leicester City player winning the world cup, joining I believe only Gordon Banks in doing so.

I think England way overachieved and that in the cold light of day we aren't very good, but it was excellent to see the country come together again and brilliant to see Maguire take his chance with both hands. And I suppose considering the humiliation of the Euros, we have improved a lot and that if we can improve again we might get to the top 8 more again. I am hoping that James Madison is the answer to our creative woes as England are desperate for a Modric style player. Or I guess we could go the France route and have 3 midfield machines, but there is no English player even remotely as good as Kante at his job. Southgate has impressed and I hope can can continue to develop our national team.

Well done Russia, I thought the tournament was going to be a huge letdown, but you put on one hell of a show. Robbie Williams claimed in the opening ceremony that he would entertain us, and Russia - your world cup did! :appl:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Brilliant World Cup, one of the best I can remember.

So many highly entertaining matches and quality goals. Bit disappointed that France won even though I predicted them to win before the tournament, just because I feel they play to not lose rather than to win. I felt that Croatia played so classy and it would have been Leicester-like for the underdog to have his day. But whilst, they can complain about the penalty decision, I think they were too open in the second half and that has cost them. They had 45 minutes to get an equalizer but attacked too much in the first 20 of the second half and France clearly have a leaf out of our 2015/16 team with a lethal counter attack. Credit to Kante, I know he's not ours anymore and that he only played 55 minutes, but that is a former Leicester City player winning the world cup, joining I believe only Gordon Banks in doing so.

I think England way overachieved and that in the cold light of day we aren't very good, but it was excellent to see the country come together again and brilliant to see Maguire take his chance with both hands. And I suppose considering the humiliation of the Euros, we have improved a lot and that if we can improve again we might get to the top 8 more again. I am hoping that James Madison is the answer to our creative woes as England are desperate for a Modric style player. Or I guess we could go the France route and have 3 midfield machines, but there is no English player even remotely as good as Kante at his job. Southgate has impressed and I hope can can continue to develop our national team.

Well done Russia, I thought the tournament was going to be a huge letdown, but you put on one hell of a show. Robbie Williams claimed in the opening ceremony that he would entertain us, and Russia - your world cup did! :appl:

Yeah it was good. 

I'd love to see the kitchensink write up on our title wining season. 

"Leicester were battered they were shit, no possession!" 

France were clinical, Croatia had no end product. They really lack a top level striker. They were also naive at the back, I quite like Vida but Lovren is awful and their wing backs aren't the best defensively. 

Brozovic also isn't really a defensive midfielder. It all told in the end. France were a threat every time they attacked but they were superbly organised defensively. 

It's a shame for Croatia but France were just a different class. Really hammered home how widely far apart the two sides of the draw were really. 

• Like 1