Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Notts County - 21st July - Match Thread

All comments are under the umbrella that it was.............. Notts County -League Two and IMO

Jakupovic - 7 Reasonable job 

Johnson - 7 solid job

Morgan - 8  no errors and scored

Evans - 7 Seemed comfortable

Fuchs - 6 Didnt impose as much as i expected

Mendy - 6 anonymous and looked a little sluggish

Madison - 8 Terrific start, good dead ball work

Diabate - 6 Not one of his better games not quite had the touch

Hamza -  8 Well taken goal, high pressure chaseing

Elder - 6 OK but anonymous

Gray - 8 Well taken goal worked hard

Cant be arsed doing all the subs, but everyone was reasonable.

Didnt see Pule do anything so meh

LCFC.com  - minus fvcking 10

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yep he has huge potential, love him.. good thing about Puel he will give young talent that deserves it a chance, Mourinho gives them no chance 

I've always had Mourinho down as being one of the few managers at top clubs to throw academy players in, often in big games as well.

See Mendy got hold of the blonde hair Mahrez must have left behind in the changing room. Didn't think we'd be seeing him back in a LC shirt so the game or Slim so must have been a shop window to try to offload a few players back onto loan or just off.

15 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

All positive today apart from Kapustka couldn't finish his dinner, has nothing about him and Jakupovic is crap. 

Disagree with you about Jakupovic - I thought he was pretty good.  Also, while I agree that Kapustka couldn't finish, I think he showed some quality and was clearly really fired up for the game.  His running with the ball and his passing was good.  I put the missed chances simply down to the fact that he was so desperate to impress. He might not get many more opportunities to show Puel what he is capable of and this game could have been his one chance of staking a claim to stay.  On that performance, I would give him longer to show what he can do.  

Edited by bald reynard
  • Like 2

Jakupovic - 6 (generally solid, but I guess he'll be on his way soon)

Johnson - 7 (promising, particularly at Right back - less so in the Centre)

Morgan - 6 (would have been 5, if not for his well taken goal - still the same OLD Wes !)

Evans - 6 (hardly noticed him)

Fuchs - 6 (still too slow defending, but OK going forward)

Choudhury - 7 (a decent prospect, took his goal well)

Mendy - 4 (absolute waste of space - get rid)

Elder - 6 (as for Jakupovic)

Maddison - 7 (really fired up for it - on todays's performance, he'll get loads of cards this season - but showed some good abilities)

Diabate - 6 (lots of running, but mostly to no effect)

Gray - 8 (MotM - skill, pace and obviously still has a desire to do well) 

Chilwell - 5 (still really dodgy - defending and crossing)

King - 7 (started really slowly, but came into the game later and showed some good touches - and forward passes !)

Iborra - 7 (as King, started slowly, but dominated in the defensive midfield role)

Knight - 6 (as Evans)

Amartey - 7 (as Iborra, started slowly but became dominant at Right back and kept the County winger really quiet)

Kapustka - 7 (as Maddison, really fired up for it and showed good touches on the ball and passing - if only he wasn't trying so hard and shot every time he could.  Worth a longer chance to show what he can do for us.)

Ndukwu - 7 (very promisng forward player)

Ulloa - 6 (as Morgan, worked as hard as ever, but SO slow)

Slimani - 6 (would have been 5, if not for that goal)

Edited by bald reynard

Just now, Shane said:

Does anyone think Elder would accept another season out on loan? Preferably to the Championship.

Was quite surprised by him, albeit at LW not LB. Maybe he could be our Fuchs replacement next season. 

I believe Wigan are keen to take him back after promotion. Wouldn't be a bad idea. I thought he did ok yesterday. But probably not ready for the PL but worth holding onto for now.

Think any other loan at the next step up would be ideal.

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

Does anyone think Elder would accept another season out on loan? Preferably to the Championship.

Was quite surprised by him, albeit at LW not LB. Maybe he could be our Fuchs replacement next season. 

Have to admit I don't know much about it, and was surprised reading afterwards that he's a LB rather than LW. Looked really good going forward/ 

15 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Heard King played really well ...   Kaputska looked quite good, Maddison looked like the number 10 we have been waiting for, Evans was rusty, Gray ‘should have passed’ ..   and a few other bits and bobs ...   interested what others thought ...

That’s sounds about right to me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bald reynard said:

Jakupovic - 6 (generally solid, but I guess he'll be on his way soon)

Johnson - 7 (promising, particularly at Right back - less so in the Centre)

Morgan - 6 (would have been 5, if not for his well taken goal - still the same OLD Wes !)

Evans - 6 (hardly noticed him)

Fuchs - 6 (still too slow defending, but OK going forward)

Choudhury - 7 (a decent prospect, took his goal well)

Mendy - 4 (absolute waste of space - get rid)

Elder - 6 (as for Jakupovic)

Maddison - 7 (really fired up for it - on todays's performance, he'll get loads of cards this season - but showed some good abilities)

Diabate - 6 (lots of running, but mostly to no effect)

Gray - 8 (MotM - skill, pace and obviously still has a desire to do well) 

Chilwell - 5 (still really dodgy - defending and crossing)

King - 7 (started really slowly, but came into the game later and showed some good touches - and forward passes !)

Iborra - 7 (as King, started slowly, but dominated in the defensive midfield role)

Knight - 6 (as Evans)

Amartey - 7 (as Iborra, started slowly but became dominant at Right back and kept the County winger really quiet)

Kapustka - 7 (as Maddison, really fired up for it and showed good touches on the ball and passing - if only he wasn't trying so hard and shot every time he could.  Worth a longer chance to show what he can do for us.)

Ndukwu - 7 (very promisng forward player)

Ulloa - 6 (as Morgan, worked as hard as ever, but SO slow)

Slimani - 6 (would have been 5, if not for that goal)

What a absolute load of twoddle ! it is 100% certain you did NOT see the game OR you saw the inside of a pub for too long before seeing it  :-)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Anybody can tell me the formation on the beggining and the end of the match? It seems 4 back but whos the right wing? 

4-2-3-1 at the start from what I can tell.

Back four with Johnson (RB), Morgan and Evans at centre-back, Fuchs (LB); Elder as left midfielder; Choudhury and Mendy in central midfield, Maddison just ahead of these two as the attacking midfielder; Gray as some kind of striker up front and Diabaté on the right-hand side of midfield.

One could equally say that we did not start the game with a recognized striker, so that'd be some sort of a 4-2-4-0 then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Didn’t know where to put this so I’ll put it in here...

Does anyone know what’s going on with Barnes, Hughes and Thomas? Do they have loan deals lined up? Just seems a bit odd to me that they weren’t in the squad at all yesterday.

Wasn't there an under 23 game last week? Did they not play in that? Is there another friendly in between the 1st team fixtures? Perhaps there'll be a rotation of players from the development squad to give them a chance to impress?

6 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Didn’t know where to put this so I’ll put it in here...

Does anyone know what’s going on with Barnes, Hughes and Thomas? Do they have loan deals lined up? Just seems a bit odd to me that they weren’t in the squad at all yesterday.

Yes highly likely to a large club. Other two I guess would even if monthly

On 22/07/2018 at 15:02, Richard said:

Diabate, elder on the left and gray and Maddison through the middle 

23 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

4-2-3-1 at the start from what I can tell.

Back four with Johnson (RB), Morgan and Evans at centre-back, Fuchs (LB); Elder as left midfielder; Choudhury and Mendy in central midfield, Maddison just ahead of these two as the attacking midfielder; Gray as some kind of striker up front and Diabaté on the right-hand side of midfield.

One could equally say that we did not start the game with a recognized striker, so that'd be some sort of a 4-2-4-0 then.

Thank you. So gray play centrally but not a striker, false nine? Or okazaki style, drop in defence? 

And the end of the match, it seems we doesnt have winger? 

Thank you. So gray play centrally but not a striker, false nine? Or okazaki style, drop in defence? 

And the end of the match, it seems we doesnt have winger? 

Gray played as the striker

end of the match we had Leo playing left of Slimani and Layton NDukwu right wing in a version of 433

22 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Pure striker? 

Ulloa, left winger or wide target man? 

Gray played as a striker and Ulloa played on the left but came inside when Chilwell over lapped him. The fourth goal was him getting in the box on the opposite side to the crosser.

18 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Gray played as a striker and Ulloa played on the left but came inside when Chilwell over lapped him. The fourth goal was him getting in the box on the opposite side to the crosser.

I see. So its more like wide target man who come inside with off the ball movement rather than inverted winger 

Thanks alot. Too bad theres no full match record I can find 

I see. So its more like wide target man who come inside with off the ball movement rather than inverted winger 

Thanks alot. Too bad theres no full match record I can find 

You can rewatch most of the match (18 mins on) here