Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Notts County - 21st July - Match Thread

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

Same! 

Honestly I had to look at the screen two or three times. I kept thinking "who's this forward we have upfront that is chasing everything down and good in the air?!"

Fair play to him, it shows you that you reap the rewards of intensive training.

• Haha 1

Always nice to start pre-season with a win.

I think everybody played well today, a few gripes with Diabaté and his decision-making. But overall, very composed, very focused effort from everybody involved.

There was application, there was speed, precision and the willingness to press and force the opposition to commit errors.

Downside to that system is that we looked quite open in midfield a couple of times.

But it's only a friendly and nobody got injured.

Last pre season we were outclassed by conference level sides so this is much better, even without our best players.

Johnson should be out on loan in the champ, he had no problems. 

Kapustka looked decent minus his shooting.

All in all, good day.

• Like 2

Guest seanfox778
2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not a bad work out that. You shouldn't read too much into pre season but nothing to complain about.

Speak for yourself, mate. Clearly going to be in the Champions League based on that :vardy:

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Last pre season we were outclassed by conference level sides so this is much better, even without our best players.

Yes exactly! I would argue that this display was actually better than any of our games last season, where we looked really poor against MK Dons, Wolves and others. In fact I think we only won our last game against Borussia MGB last year.

It's hard to judge this performance because so many of our first team players are still away, but the way we tried to play was encouraging I thought.

Was really impressed by Choudhury. Pressed high up the pitch and was everywhere.

Maddison looks very intelligent and will be great for us.

Ulloa was also impressive despite playing out of position on the left. If he continues to perform like that in pre-season i wouldn’t be against keeping him as a bench option. 

Gray took his goal well and was growing into the game.

Everyone else was pretty much a 7/10 which isn’t a bad thing. Some of the youngsters like Johnson & Elder shown they are ready for a championship loan atleast. Kapustka could be good competition for Maddison’s position but need to see more of him in pre season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Johnson should be out on loan in the champ, he had no problems. 

Kapustka looked decent minus his shooting.

All in all, good day.

I agree, kapustka could rekindle his lcfc career, if he does though I think he will just make the bench as I thought gray looked quality. I know it's against a lower team but apply that to the league and he will be the player people talked about when he came as long as his performances are consistent 

Gray MOTM

Maddison was decent, knows how to pick a pass and has good footwork

Choudhury pressed like a mad man

As I've said so many times selling Slim would be a mistake

Kapustka should be given more chances 

Good workout, the main thing that impressed me was the pressing from the attackers and midfielders, maybe it's an intentional game plan in Pre Season to get our fitness up; however if we adopt that approach in the Premier League season then it will be a positive sign.

• Like 1

Nothing better than winning. 

A good work out. The lads looked sharp fitness wise me considering it’s their first real game of the summer everyone seemed to look good on the ball too.

Jakupovic very unlucky to concede after making a great save. We were comfortable throughout the game which you would expect. 

Darnell Johnson had a cracking game and Kingy looked fantastic as well I thought but then again, against league two opposition he should do. Gray and Diabate as frustrating as ever but Gray took his goal really well. Maddison can actually take a decent corner. 

All in all, a good win, no one seemed to be injured and vital minutes in the bank.