Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Notts County - 21st July - Match Thread

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Leicester goals from today:

Morgan (1-1)

https://streamable.com/aj4ig

Hamza (1-2)

https://streamable.com/agodo

Gray 1-3 :appl:
https://streamable.com/rx8zi

Slimani (1-4)
https://streamable.com/ve7yz

Didn't see the game, might try and watch later.  Gray's goal was a cracker and was the Amartey with the hard work and cross leading up to Slim's goal?  Great work.  X

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Was bit of a nothing match really, more for a run out than anything else, took a gander at the toilet, I meant the "/@**est ground, looking a bit dated these days.

King gave his shirt to some old dear at the end which was nice of him.

Otherwise known as a preseason friendly lol

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Was bit of a nothing match really, more for a run out than anything else, took a gander at the toilet, I meant the "/@**est ground, looking a bit dated these days.

King gave his shirt to some old dear at the end which was nice of him.

Is it really still there ?? Not been there for years, it's not seen the Premier League this century :crylaugh:

3 minutes ago, davelcfc100 said:

Enjoyed the game. Thought Maddison and Gray looked great. Also thought Kind did really well. Anyone know who number 37 was? Seemed really good but couldn’t work out who it was?

Do you mean 27? Can’t remember seeing a 37 on the pitch, but could be wrong. 27 was Kapustka 

Was nice to see when we made considerable changes at the 60min mark (both shape and players) that we still looked dangerous and didn't look completely disjointed.

I thought Kapustka looked more assured on the ball. His finishing wasn't much, but i think he was trying a bit too hard to make a mark. But I wonder whether he'll be given a chance and how he'll fit in once everyone is back.

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Is LEANDRO Ulloa a new signing?

I thought he was all over the pitch. He picked out clever passes and was very unselfish. I'd go as far to say he was pulling the strings at points. 

He looked fit (oi oi) and determined. 

I also thought Slimani was good again. 

I know it was a friendly against League Two opposition but I thought given the circumstances it looked like they were out to prove a point. 

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Tempo stood out to me... perhaps a lot of players trying to make an impression.

I seen a training vid on official snap chat and they labelled it tempo so perhaps it’s something theve  been working on and not just trying to impress 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What's all this about bouncers chucking kids down the stairs at the pub beforehand?

When you say kids do you mean rowdy young men being ejected from a pub or bouncers ripping tots from there prams and hurling them down the cellar stairs in some weird sort of skittles type game ..   ?

• Haha 3

Great workout for the lads today and important minutes acquired in preparation for the start of the season. 

Promising start for all involved and nice to see some of the new lads and academy boys settling in. 

I was impressed with the player conditioning, fluidity of play, and pressing which all looked very well drilled, even to the point where when mass changes in personnel were made you could hardly tell that the starters had been subbed.

I don't think I've seen us transition so seamlessly before, and you normally end up with a very different second half performance to the first. That bodes well in my view as you need to know that when non starter's are called upon that they can fit straight into the team's system with relative ease and not have to worry about having to change things to accommodate them or having to accept that performance levels will drop. 

What surprised me most was the hunger and desire of the player's trying to stake a claim. Gray's performance epitomised this attitude; I can't recall a time when I've seen him work as hard as he did today off the ball and this was just a friendly.

What's really encouraging is that this was a very professional performance (admittedly against relatively weak opposition - although it's important to note that they are further along in their preparation) and yet we still have virtually a whole team to return from World Cup duty to add more quality and depth. 

• Like 1