Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Notts County - 21st July - Match Thread

26 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

When you say kids do you mean rowdy young men being ejected from a pub or bouncers ripping tots from there prams and hurling them down the cellar stairs in some weird sort of skittles type game ..   ?

It was Nottingham remember. Its usually a tattooed, topless parent walking a pit bull, not a bouncer, who does the latter to their kids. And sometimes the dad parent does the same thing over there, as well as the mum.

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Anyone else think Kapustka and King looked the best of the subs that came on?

Ulloa was the best out of the subs imo, closely followed by Kapustka and King.

Still got hope for Cabbage, we definitely need a like for like back up/competition for Maddison imo. Maybe that could be him. 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

Heard King played really well ...   Kaputska looked quite good, Maddison looked like the number 10 we have been waiting for, Evans was rusty, Gray ‘should have passed’ ..   and a few other bits and bobs ...   interested what others thought ...

I mentioned when people were worried about lack of friendlies early on that Puel was clearly placing a focus on fitness. 

You only have to look at Leo and Wes to see it’s working! Leo looked like a different person lol I’ve not seen him move that much since he joined! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I mentioned when people were worried about lack of friendlies early on that Puel was clearly placing a focus on fitness. 

You only have to look at Leo and Wes to see it’s working! Leo looked like a different person lol I’ve not seen him move that much since he joined! 

He wasn't on the pitch for long though.

Thought Darnell Johnson had a steady game at right back. Could he be the answer at right back as back up for Pereira who lets face it will most likely be our first choice.

Evans looked rusty thought he was beaten for pace a few times.

Hamza had a decent game and he puts himself about a bit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They were  doing 4 sessions a day some days at the training camp 

Edited by baldeagle

Quite impressed with that. Mind you, shows the gap between the top flight and where Notts County are these days. A bit like England v Panama. Pleasing performance but nothing more than that.

It was great to see Leo being so effective - still a hugely popular figure with the fans and very professional

However Maddison looked really classy  -seems to have time and vision and not at all bad at set pieces.Looks an excellent buy - linked well with Gray but with Vardy could make a lethal combination,

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Shane said:

Still got hope for Cabbage, we definitely need a like for like back up/competition for Maddison imo. Maybe that could be him. 

Kapi looked surprisingly good for someone who couldn't make the Freiburg squad. I do wonder where Nacho fits into all this though, before Maddison came along he seemed to finally show promise behind Vardy.

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I watched a few Swansea games and he was their best player every time. More than adequate back up for us, but maybe I have my Kingy specs on 

1. Ndidi

2. Iborra

3. Silva

4. Hamza

james ain't going anywhere. King won't play here, if he wants to train & pick up a pay check then fine, but I'd have thought he'd want to be playing week in, week out. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Kapustka is the type of player Puel likes, I'd not be surprised to see him given a few chances which would be good. There's talent in there but he needed to be mentally and physically stronger, the good thing with Puel is he's not afraid to pick unproven players and give them opportunities. Technically the sort of player we need in the squad as an option.

Was piss*d off none of the players bar King and to some extent Ulloa acknowledged the fans. 3.5k turn up and barely anyone came over. 

First train back to Leicester was a nightmare as well. Absolutely rammed and the sweat was unreal.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kapustka is the type of player Puel likes, I'd not be surprised to see him given a few chances which would be good. There's talent in there but he needed to be mentally and physically stronger, the good thing with Puel is he's not afraid to pick unproven players and give them opportunities. Technically the sort of player we need in the squad as an option.

In his brief cameo I thought he looked stronger and fitter than ever before. He was putting himself about and being aggressive in the tackle. Only downside was his finishing, his passing and movement was good.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, brucey said:

Kapi looked surprisingly good for someone who couldn't make the Freiburg squad. I do wonder where Nacho fits into all this though, before Maddison came along he seemed to finally show promise behind Vardy.

Nacho will be back up for Vardy I guess. 

28 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

1. Ndidi

2. Iborra

3. Silva

4. Hamza

james ain't going anywhere. King won't play here, if he wants to train & pick up a pay check then fine, but I'd have thought he'd want to be playing week in, week out. 

Also have a feeling Puel will keep Mendy.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You could be right. He has to impress in preseason though I feel.

One thing I will say is that when he was in the Polish team, one of the things he was complimented on was his decision making ability. He's an intelligent player who showed a maturity above his years. He was a terrible signing for a counter attacking / low possession team, but he could fit in well in a medium possession / control based one.

I expect he'll mainly make cup appearances if at all, but I think he has more of a chance with Puel in charge than any other manager we've had.

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

Kingy was excellent when he came on. Worked hard. Tracked back. Drove forward.

That doesn't mean he's good enough to play week in week out in the premier league but I would still rather move on others than mr leicester city. James and mendy too name a couple.