Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

UEFA Champions League 2018/19

Being a foxes & BVB fan,..made it doubly painfull last night...  But respect... they came back well in the 2nd half.

They are slowly proving they can play without Deli  &  Kane..

Though even with 3 goals to the good,In Dortmund...BVB do have the game to haul it back.....unfortunately like spurs have the nous to get a goal!!!I

Spurs for the double...anyone!!!  :whistle:

Ok..Okayy yyeh get the rope..!!

People keep writing them off, mainly because they can't stand them, they hardly spend compared to other teams, they get injuries to key players and yet still Pochettino gets them playing some great football. they may not win anything but everyone should agree pochettino deserves a much bigger job with bigger resources and more opportunities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

Man United isn't really that average of a team. They lack squad depth and a good tactical coach but they have tons of quality in their main starting XI. PSG has a lot of money pumped in and two top World Class talents like Mbappe and Neymar.

And all of the People that hate Pogba here, he is really one of the best midfielders in the world and is the best midfielder in the Prem. And yes he is better than Debruyne.

They're clearly above average although at the same time they are clearly some way off the top sides. They could've lost by more than they did. There are still a lot of players in their side that aren't good enough for a supposed top side. The entire defence really, Matic, Herrera, Lukaku etc... aren't good enough. Pogba is clearly good but hasn't ever done anything to put himself in that top bracket for me personally. Whole host of midfielders that can lay a claim to being better.

14 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Son makes a meal out of even the slightest contact. 

Most top attackers will do this, because it pays. Hardly any need to point that out with Son.

We have Vardy, Maddison and Okazaki that will fall to the ground like a sack of potatoes, so stones and glass houses 'n all that...

43 minutes ago, shen said:

Most top attackers will do this, because it pays. Hardly any need to point that out with Son.

We have Vardy, Maddison and Okazaki that will fall to the ground like a sack of potatoes, so stones and glass houses 'n all that...

Was more an observation for the tackle with minimal contact that sent him down than anything else.

Diving and simulation are way too common in the game, as shown by Gayle being charged with his dive that bought a penalty in the West Brom game the other day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

They're clearly above average although at the same time they are clearly some way off the top sides. They could've lost by more than they did. There are still a lot of players in their side that aren't good enough for a supposed top side. The entire defence really, Matic, Herrera, Lukaku etc... aren't good enough. Pogba is clearly good but hasn't ever done anything to put himself in that top bracket for me personally. Whole host of midfielders that can lay a claim to being better.

Herrera is good enough for United, Pogba is in that top bracket but needs better players around him. For the rest of the guys you mentioned you are right. United are seriously lacking in defense, primarily their fullbacks. I would say Chillwell and Pereria are better fullbacks than Shaw and Young.

2 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

Herrera is good enough for United, Pogba is in that top bracket but needs better players around him. For the rest of the guys you mentioned you are right. United are seriously lacking in defense, primarily their fullbacks. I would say Chillwell and Pereria are better fullbacks than Shaw and Young.

Herrera's just 'meh' to me. I think he looks alright but you've kind of answered how I feel about him in the comment about Pogba. Young still starting for them is embarrassing really.

I do think Pogba's a good player but he needs to actually produce a bit more at the very top to be put in that category I feel. He showed a lovely bit of skill the other night early doors and I wondered if he was about to really grab that game by the scruff of its neck but he seemed to just vanish.

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I don't think even a Man U fan could argue with that.

Chelsea fan I know said he'd happily see them drop £100mil to sign both of them.

On 14/02/2019 at 05:42, foxy boxing said:

everyone should agree pochettino deserves a much bigger job with bigger resources and more opportunities.

Except Pochettino himself.  He extended for five years at £8.5million per, so you would think he was satisfied where he is.  But his recent spasm of poor-mouthing his chances with his current squad might support your point?

He's going to have to compete with less, except for his own packet, which is up there with the gods.  My guess is, he's OK with making of go of it, except he doesn't like the idea of being judged up against the lavishly supported likes of Pep.

Fair enough, but he can't have it both ways.

On 15/02/2019 at 01:52, Dan LCFC said:

Herrera's just 'meh' to me. I think he looks alright but you've kind of answered how I feel about him in the comment about Pogba. Young still starting for them is embarrassing really.

I do think Pogba's a good player but he needs to actually produce a bit more at the very top to be put in that category I feel. He showed a lovely bit of skill the other night early doors and I wondered if he was about to really grab that game by the scruff of its neck but he seemed to just vanish.

Chelsea fan I know said he'd happily see them drop £100mil to sign both of them.

This is fair, but at the risk of opening a can of worms he's brought his best to a World Cup final for his country and you don't get closer to the very top than that.

On 16/02/2019 at 05:25, leicsmac said:

This is fair, but at the risk of opening a can of worms he's brought his best to a World Cup final for his country and you don't get closer to the very top than that.

That is also fair, he also had a very good game as well if I remember rightly.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

That is also fair, he also had a very good game as well if I remember rightly.

He did, brought his best performance to the biggest of occasions.

I know what you mean about the guy appearing to be a lazy bum a lot of the time but in terms of bringing it at the very top I don't think Pogba has much more to prove.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Not really sure what to watch. Lyon are a really exciting young side, not quite Monaco from a couple years ago but not miles off. Could be a quite interesting game. 

Liverpool game could be brilliant but could also be cagey as fvck. 

Literally just thinking the same thing.

Opted for Liverpool game but will give it about 10-15 minutes as expecting either side to run out of the blocks quickly.

Can see Lyon vs Barca being a bit cagier but Barcelona's quality coming out on top as the game goes on.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Literally just thinking the same thing.

Opted for Liverpool game but will give it about 10-15 minutes as expecting either side to run out of the blocks quickly.

Can see Lyon vs Barca being a bit cagier but Barcelona's quality coming out on top as the game goes on.

Only thing is guaranteed is whatever I watch will be shit. 

I'm never going to understand this modern obsession with keepers abjectly refusing to go long. Like their lives depend on it. 

Have a preference to play short obviously but if six Scousers are in your face closing down then there's obviously a huge gap behind them, just bash it long to your world famous target man ffs and catch them out. 

Edit: and Allison is about 5% as good with the ball at his feet as he thinks he is. 

Edited by Finnegan

I find the coverage on this even more weird than normal. I know BT are basically the unofficial Liverpool channel but still. Bayern are a ridiculously good team, all the build up was about how Liverpool are going to stuff them easily and even now in commentary they're acting surprised that Bayern aren't losing yet. 

It's ****ing Bayern. They're one of the best teams in the world. Liverpool are good sure and they might win sure but christ alive.