Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

13 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I understand what Rodgers said now. Who doesn’t like a nice pair of tits on hand.

(Sorry to any ladies present, but I am 15...)

Don't try to play the "I am 15" card. We're still going to fine you and send you on a sexism awareness course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We were definitely right to sign him, if you knew he was going to be a bad signing or wasn't going to be good enough for us then get yourself a job as a scout.

Hopefully Brodge can get a good pre-season out of him this summer and we'll go again next season.

25m on a prospect was too much. only bagged a few goals coming off the bench for man city. 

2 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

25m on a prospect was too much. only bagged a few goals coming off the bench for man city. 

None of us were saying 25m was too much at the time were we? Britt Assombalonga cost 15m ffs. He had the best minutes to goals ratio in the history of the Prem. He was 21 (I think?) at the time, so we could only see him getting better. Pep has also sold players like Kroos or Emre Can, so just because he was sold doesn't automatically make him a bad player.

56 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Is leecong only doing incoming... or will finding a home for those we dont want be his job too?

I guess as head of recruitment he only deals with incomings. Rudders still has to shovel the shit.

• Sad 1

On 10/05/2019 at 18:01, Dahnsouff said:

I understand what Rodgers said now. Who doesn’t like a nice pair of tits on hand.

(Sorry to any ladies present, but I am 15...)

Start saving for the FA disciplinary fine for when you become a pro footballer.

• Haha 2

I have faith that we have a player in iheanacho and even greater faith that BR can get his confidence back and get him scoring goals.

the miss against city was a classic example of a chance being snatched at. Another day he takes a touch and buries it.

Sturridge would be a great signing to take some pressure off him and help educate him in those situations.

lets get behind him, give him support and the goals will follow.

On 10/05/2019 at 19:33, Swan Lesta said:

Good. If BR reckons he can light a fire under him and is prepared to do so then I’ll back him for a season.

You do more u-turns on here than you’d have to do to keep up with my Burgman!

Morning Nick

:P

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

You do more u-turns on here than you’d have to do to keep up with my Burgman!

Morning Nick

:P

Moi?

lol Are you sure? I’ve always thought Nachos performances were a bit naff and I’ve always said he’s not for our system as nobody knows if he’s a 9 or a 10 but doesn’t fit in wherever but if BR thinks there’s value in trying to keep him and develop him then I’m down with that!

Have you still got the Burgman? 

The way we play with only one striker how is Kelechi going to get the confidence coming off the bench to make an impact? I think he needs a loan spell away imo. He needs game time he won’t get that here barring the cup competitions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

The way we play with only one striker how is Kelechi going to get the confidence coming off the bench to make an impact? I think he needs a loan spell away imo. He needs game time he won’t get that here barring the cup competitions.

I kind of agree with this but we do t have the depth in strike force to do this right now. I think give BR a season or even the first half of it to make his mind up then pull the trigger loan or sell in January when we’ll get the most for him.

21 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I have faith that we have a player in iheanacho and even greater faith that BR can get his confidence back and get him scoring goals.

the miss against city was a classic example of a chance being snatched at. Another day he takes a touch and buries it.

Sturridge would be a great signing to take some pressure off him and help educate him in those situations.

And Jesus Rodgers will shortly be walking across the sea of Galilea on the way to training ground canteen. So much blind faith in his blarney is getting sickly at times accompanied by the equally sickly mantra 'in Rodgers we trust'. He's yet to see anything in the garden that isn't rosey or that he can't cure with another miracle. I like to think that he choses to keep an air of positivity around the place before he has a clear out of a few less able squad members. I like a lot of what is being done at our club at the moment but there's a way to go before St Brendan becomes the Messiah. If something looks, walks and sounds like a duck the chances are it is. 32,000 people have been watching Iheanacho's performances, Puel didn't trust him and his international manager slated him twice, once because of him being unprofessional. His efforts at times have at best been unenthusiastic!  If Brendan behind the scenes is going to give him a giant kick up the arse then good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I kind of agree with this but we do t have the depth in strike force to do this right now. I think give BR a season or even the first half of it to make his mind up then pull the trigger loan or sell in January when we’ll get the most for him.

I think it’s likely we will sign a striker in this transfer window upcoming with Okazaki leaving , we are down to the bare bones. Maybe 2 strikers potentially. Or a wide forward that could play as a striker.

17 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Tell me more about the Truffle Miso.

Young left winger from Lazio. 12 assists and 5 goals this season in 20 games. Fans there rate him, but he has a habit of daft social media comments that have otherwise held him back. Reported £15 price tag, but following revelations he tweeted, "Mussolini had some good ideas", when he was 11, we could get him cheap.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

And Jesus Rodgers will shortly be walking across the sea of Galilea on the way to training ground canteen. So much blind faith in his blarney is getting sickly at times accompanied by the equally sickly mantra 'in Rodgers we trust'. He's yet to see anything in the garden that isn't rosey or that he can't cure with another miracle. I like to think that he choses to keep an air of positivity around the place before he has a clear out of a few less able squad members. I like a lot of what is being done at our club at the moment but there's a way to go before St Brendan becomes the Messiah. If something looks, walks and sounds like a duck the chances are it is. 32,000 people have been watching Iheanacho's performances, Puel didn't trust him and his international manager slated him twice, once because of him being unprofessional. His efforts at times have at best been unenthusiastic!  If Brendan behind the scenes is going to give him a giant kick up the arse then good. 

Quite....:appl:

57 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Iheansnacho?.. 

"Another day he takes a touch and buries it?" ... 

What touch is that then? 

59 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Just get rid, up there with junior Lewis asthe worst signing ever

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Moi?

lol Are you sure? I’ve always thought Nachos performances were a bit naff and I’ve always said he’s not for our system as nobody knows if he’s a 9 or a 10 but doesn’t fit in wherever but if BR thinks there’s value in trying to keep him and develop him then I’m down with that!

Have you still got the Burgman? 

Updated model mate

Love it!

On 5/8/2019 at 11:24, Collymore said:

I think you're being a tad harsh.

His performances have improved under Rodgers where be seems to play the deeper attacking role adequately. 

The fine lines in football are amazing. He misses a sitter against Man City and that means the media make Man City out to be brave and dominant against us. If he had scored, Man City would have been labeled bottlers and chastised! Nacho would have probably gone down in Liverpool folklore and talked about in football circles as the "man that decided the title" for years. 

The balanced view should be:

- Man City weren't particularly great against us

- Nacho although been a flop shouldn't be judged solely on that miss and the slight signs of improvement recently should be taken into account. His pre-assist for Barnes goal the other week is just one example...

The problem is you conveniently forgot about how crap he has been now for two seasons.  This is most definitely not just about one game.

If he didnt cost what he cost, he probably would already be out the first team squad, its his transfer fee thats keeping him there.

I will back whatever rodgers decides but I would be very surprised if he is still second choice come next September.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 19:43, Foxxed said:

I feel the talent is there. But something is preventing him and I think it's his attitude. He never looks happy, motivated or involved when I see him. I honestly don't think he'll progress under Rodgers. Even Puel gave up. And I'm not sure how many buyers there are. And we don't have so many strikers. But spending your time attacking him... adding in a few racial slurs...?

Honest question but what is this feeling based on?

Put substance behind the sentence.

The tidbits are, he appears to have a terrible first touch, for a top european league a first touch is extremely important.  On top of that his attitude appears to be poor.

But even if you disregard my opinion I can state some facts.

4 different managers have failed to make him click at club level, and also the nigerian manager doesnt want him in his team.

Are all 5 managers wrong?

Pep

Shakespeare

Puel

Rodgers

^^ Club managers.

I know he was at least scoring for pep, but bear in mind that was when surrounded by top tier players and pep decided he wasnt good enough.

Edited by Chrysalis