Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

It has certainly been a monumental anticlimax this signing, I for one was a big fan of him at City and felt we had scored somewhat of a coup. Possibly so did Man city hence the 50mill buy back clause.

Personally, I am still reserving total judgement until about 4 months into the season along with Gray. Both these 2 have ability and have showed flashes but they can give and develop so much more.

I believe they have both been victims of managerial chop and change and positional and tactical switches. One full pre season under Rodgers where they know what is expected of them and what their developmental milestones are and how that translates onto the pitch by Christmas will be what I base my final judgement on.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

He’s gotta go somewhere on loan where he’s gona be the main man and feel loved, not sure where that might be but Imo it’s low end championship like a Wigan or ape. Unfortunately tunently think his heads ballooned to much to consider dropping that far down to work back up which is why I can’t see him  fulfilling his potential 

A loan to his own back garden is probably the best place for him, but I can't see them agreeing to pick up his wages.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Let Bielsa have him for a season at Leeds, could be phenomenal or a complete disaster.

I doubt he'd fit into their high pressing, high intensity style. Which ironically is the same problem he will have here under Rodgers I expect.

Perhaps being left out of the AFCON squad will give him the kick up the bum he needs to work his ass off during pre-season. Chilwell said that he consciously put in extra effort this pre-season by doing physical work in his own time and it paid off big time. Nacho needs to do something similar.

However, IMO I think he's a spent force. I think he could be good for someone out there, but I don't think it's going to be here. I wonder if a slightly slower league like France or Italy might suit him actually?

The most frustrating thing is that he has the talent, and even has one of the things that is almost "unlearnable" for a top striker - composure in front of goal. I know he missed that gilt edged opportunity against Man City but in general during his time in the league for both clubs he has been at, he has shown he can finish if given the opportunities to do so.

• Like 1

I hope he can turn it around. It sounds from reports and the Nigeria managers comments that he needs to up his game in regards to his attitude.

What has surprised me is how awful his first touch is.

If he works hard and applies himself he could still become a good player, he has strength and pace. I hope Rogers can get him playing well.

45 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I doubt he'd fit into their high pressing, high intensity style. Which ironically is the same problem he will have here under Rodgers I expect.

Perhaps being left out of the AFCON squad will give him the kick up the bum he needs to work his ass off during pre-season. Chilwell said that he consciously put in extra effort this pre-season by doing physical work in his own time and it paid off big time. Nacho needs to do something similar.

However, IMO I think he's a spent force. I think he could be good for someone out there, but I don't think it's going to be here. I wonder if a slightly slower league like France or Italy might suit him actually?

The most frustrating thing is that he has the talent, and even has one of the things that is almost "unlearnable" for a top striker - composure in front of goal. I know he missed that gilt edged opportunity against Man City but in general during his time in the league for both clubs he has been at, he has shown he can finish if given the opportunities to do so.

That sounds like a good idea if we can get a continental club to take him on loan and into the shop window.  A slower league could make all the difference.

Regarding the Man City miss, I don't think it was the fact that he missed it, but the way it was missed.  It wasn't the easiest chance, first time hit from the edge of the box with the keeper advancing toward him.  It was more the manner of the miss, completely skewed off toward the edge of the box and missing by about 10 yards.  It just seemed to sum up his time here in a single moment and when patience with him was already wafer thin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think adapting to that style of play is the only way he's going to kick start his career. This is the modern game and as he's neither a target man nor a back to goal player he's going to have to try and excel at being aggressive in the final third.

I think there's a player there, he had a great pre-season last summer and there were assists early on in the season where he did play the sort of football that would fit in under Rodgers. I don't know what's missing as he is also a composed finisher but his confidence or application has plummeted. He might never regain it here, his demeanour makes it easy to think he's not got the right mentality but it could be he needs another club where he will eventually reach his potential. If he's to do it in the Prem then someone like West Ham under Pellegrini is his best chance, a manager who got the best out of him at Man City and could inject some belief back in to him.

It's a shame, I thought we'd struck gold when we got him as competition for Vardy. It just shows how difficult it is to maintain and improve players who don't walk in to the first team straight the way. I fear the same might happen with Soyuncu and Benkovic too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

It’s hard to take your opinion seriously when you blanket criticise a whole generation of footballers. There’s plenty out there of that age who aren’t like that. 

Hence my comment explicitly singling out players like gray and Kelechi in my second post, after I realised my original post was badly worded. They do believe we owe them something and we really don't. If anything, the experiences and chances we have given them, they should be working their socks off to repay us. 

Compare Kelechi's attitude and work ethic to Vardy, Okazaki, Nugent etc. They'd all run themselves into the ground for the club.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

It’s hard to take your opinion seriously when you blanket criticise a whole generation of footballers. There’s plenty out there of that age who aren’t like that. 

...he actually qualified his comment!!!

The caveat was that not all players see things this way. I think you made want to re-read his comment!!!

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he actually qualified his comment!!!

The caveat was that not all players see things this way. I think you made want to re-read his comment!!!

It was an edited comment. If the edit was done after my quote, would it alter what I quoted? I’m sure I didn’t see the bracketed text when I replied?

I believe a loan is a waste....

It's now this coming season ,under Rodgers .He either finds the right role for him,and it brings dividends and success...if not then January..loan,then move him on..

I actually believe he lost his mojo and his confidence has just imploded..His facial expression ,he just has that humpy look,if he was scoring and picked up a trophy or be two he won't change,he just has those grumpy,lethargic arrogance

Expressions,a bit like Ronaldo,

He could have a ball ,have smiling &, laughing fits,but when relaxed again,he will always have that grumpy sour lemon

Expression...It amazes me how people

Always and lazingly judge so wrongly  people thoughts upon their general facial expressions or percularities...

Again Ronaldo is the perfect example of misinterpretation of seeming facial characteristics..

Even pundits,misread the obvious ..

I really hope Rodgers manages to get the best out him here, because despite his obvious failings in a Leicester shirt I've got a feeling it could end up exactly like the Kramaric situation if he left as he has shown glimpses of quality in his time just like Kramaric did. If that did happen, you'd get the same people slating him now criticising the club for letting him leave.

2 hours ago, danny2997 said:

I really hope Rodgers manages to get the best out him here, because despite his obvious failings in a Leicester shirt I've got a feeling it could end up exactly like the Kramaric situation if he left as he has shown glimpses of quality in his time just like Kramaric did. If that did happen, you'd get the same people slating him now criticising the club for letting him leave.

There's a HUGE difference, though. Isn't there? 

• Like 2

On 09/06/2019 at 17:39, SO1 said:

Same old same old. :frusty: Rodgers believes he can get him contributing again and all of you don't. Who to believe.

If rodgers really believed he would be getting more game time, out of all the managers, rodgers has given him the least.

I am pretty sure we will sign a striker this summer either on contract or loan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

There's a HUGE difference, though. Isn't there? 

How? Kramaric, for us, was as garbage as Iheanacho is now. 

Iheanacho randomly deciding to take it first time on his weaker foot against Man City is exactly the same bizarre decision making that made Kramaric decide to chip it into the keepers hands against Arsenal when one-on-one.

Both players have in their time shown that they can be good in a Leicester shirt, Iheanacho being at the end of last season.

I'm interested to hear why you think the situations are so different? 

Edited by danny2997

4 hours ago, danny2997 said:

Iheanacho randomly deciding to take it first time on his weaker foot against Man City is exactly the same bizarre decision making that made Kramaric decide to chip it into the keepers hands against Arsenal when one-on-one.

Both players have in their time shown that they can be good in a Leicester shirt, Iheanacho being at the end of last season.

There is a huge difference or didn't you watch the odd cameo Kramaric had, which was far less chance than Nacho had. Kramaric clearly had talent but didn't fit in with the style of play we had at the time. Also, his competition was an on fire speeding into channels Vardy with mainly Okazaki in an advanced harrying more midfield role. When the latter tired, Ulloa would come on with his height for crosses and hold up play. Kramaric couldn't at his young age compete in any of those roles at that time and as a 4th striker, the law of averages suggests opportunities were scarce. 

Nacho is our only recognised 2nd striker and under several managers now can't get a game. The law of averages there suggests they can't all be wrong. His international manager denounced him twice, once for being unprofessional, it's there for all to see. His inabilities re touch, playing the main striker as well as a number 10 are well recorded on here as is his lack of effort. Kramaric was always talented, gave his best, but was unfortunate due to our team make up at the time. Nacho has been here two years now and shown nothing,  including determination and effort.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, danny2997 said:

It was his stronger foot.  He is left footed. 

You can use the Kramaric comparison if you want but there are plenty more strikers that failed here and then dropped down the leagues.  To me he's more like Trevor Benjamin and he ended up at Northampton Town.