Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

14 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I kind of agree with this but we do t have the depth in strike force to do this right now. I think give BR a season or even the first half of it to make his mind up then pull the trigger loan or sell in January when we’ll get the most for him.

Hes had almost half a season already with rodgers, the reason rodgers came before summer I expect was so he could assess the squad for himself.

My fear is the decision is not rodgers and the club are forcing the player onto managers due to the price tag, but maybe rodgers does legit have plans for him, we will see.  I expect tho he will be relegated to 3rd choice behind a new striker we sign in the summer.

The people supporting nacho it tends to be two things.

"I just have that feeling he will come good"

and

"Just give him another 6-12 months" <-- saying this every season now.

Will it be the same in 3 years time?

The two main issues nacho has are his attitude, and his first touch, for a striker in a top tier league, first touch is as important as it gets. 

• 4 weeks later...

I do feel like it's just a confidence issue with Iheanacho. He had a lot of potential at Man City, he just lost his was with us slightly. Perhaps a victim of Vardy's success in that he hasn't been given too many real opportunities here. A loan to a top Championship club would be a great move for him. Easier level, lower quality opposition. Bag a few goals for a Leeds/Derby/Cardiff type club and he'll come back with a new confidence and a new lease of life

Edited by TiffToff88

Guest SO1

Same old same old. :frusty: Rodgers believes he can get him contributing again and all of you don't. Who to believe.

30 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I do feel like it's just a confidence issue with Iheanacho. He had a lot of potential at Man City, he just lost his was with us slightly. Perhaps a victim of Vardy's success in that he hasn't been given too many real opportunities here. A loan to a top Championship club would be a great move for him. Easier level, lower quality opposition. Bag a few goals for a Leeds/Derby/Cardiff type club and he'll come back with a new confidence and a new lease of life

I doubt Iheanacho is a good as most assumed. And his attitude isn't great. Even the Nigerian coach has critised him. But his performances along with his attitude worsened throughout last season. I'd like to see Rodgers work with him. If Rodgers get him back to his early form last season then we'd have a backup striker who Tielemans and Maddison can supply. He'll never be the striker we thought we'd bought. But he may become half decent if Rodgers can work a miracle. Since we seem unable to buy strikers I'd like to give Rodgers a chance with him.

Edited by Foxxed

He actually played very well in pre season last year and I thought it was going to be his break through season.                                           Unfortunately his confidence during the 1st half of the season was shot to pieces.                            It would be great to see him turn it around but a loan may be his best option currently.

1 minute ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

He actually played very well in pre season last year and I thought it was going to be his break through season.                                           Unfortunately his confidence during the 1st half of the season was shot to pieces.                            It would be great to see him turn it around but a loan may be his best option currently.

It would be a miracle 

Better to cut him free.... move on and spend time coaching someone who can make it

4 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

This guy is stealing a living, in any other trade he would be sacked, get him sold or loaned out, will not make it here

This only works if another club actually wants him and who will that be?

I’ve witnessed first-hand GingerrrFox’s shits put up more effort and fight than Ian Nacho.

In fact, the shit he once produced in Amsterdam had so much swazz on it, it destroyed the hotel’s entire plumbing system.  And due to the inconvenience, they upgraded us. 

That’s the kind of commitment and result I expect from my strikers. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

hopefully this makes something click in his head

Nah he'll shift the blame on us for it playing him enough. It's never their fault, that's this new generations philosophy. Always finding someone or something to blame or use as an excuse.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Nah he'll shift the blame on us for it playing him enough. It's never their fault, that's this new generations philosophy. Always finding someone or something to blame or use as an excuse.

Do this new generation also make sweeping generalisations?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Do this new generation also make sweeping generalisations?

Yer alright touche. 'The problem with players like Kalechi, Gray etc..' is they feel they are owed something all of the time. He epitomises that lack of effort and drive that so many (not all) of this new generation of player has. As I said, it's never their fault.

Edited by Foxhateram
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Yer alright touche. 'The problem with players like Kalechi, Gray etc..' is they feel they are owed something all of the time. He epitomises that lack of effort and drive that so many (not all) of this new generation of player has. As I said, it's never their fault.

Do they? Where do you get this info from?

Not wishing to have a go at you personally, but this is about your perception as much as anything factual.

8 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

It’s hard to take your opinion seriously when you blanket criticise a whole generation of footballers. There’s plenty out there of that age who aren’t like that. 

He’s gotta go somewhere on loan where he’s gona be the main man and feel loved, not sure where that might be but Imo it’s low end championship like a Wigan or ape. Unfortunately tunently think his heads ballooned to much to consider dropping that far down to work back up which is why I can’t see him  fulfilling his potential 

• Like 1