Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mehrez

Söyüncü Signs

24 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I am not an expert and the accent is making me confused but

Dear Fans

I thank you for the time in Freiburg.

I will always have you in my heart

Love

Çaglar

Sehr gut - richtig!

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/meet-leicester-target-caglar-soyuncu-turkeys-great-defensive-hope

Strengths

Soyuncu, a ball-playing centre-back who’s always willing to start attacks from behind, combines combative character and physical presence with elegance, prompting comparisons with Mats Hummels. The Turk possesses a brilliant range of passing, and is able to send precise long balls with both feet.

Originally right-footed, Soyuncu worked countless hours on his left, and now it's quite difficult to spot the difference – especially because he mostly plays as a left-sided stopper. At 6ft 2in he isn’t bad in the air either, although his positioning isn't always perfect.

The young stopper is dedicated, hard-working, humble and always willing to learn. Having come from a modest background he hasn't changed his attitude after becoming more famous, as his choice of Freiburg clearly shows.

His role models are also indicative – apart from Hummels, the stopper admires Carles Puyol and Diego Lugano. Whoever signs Soyuncu would get an excellent professional with outstanding potential.

Weaknesses

Soyuncu is not the finished article by any means. His positioning is improving, but he still has a lot to learn and he’s caught in the wrong spot quite often.

His tendency to act as a playmaker from deep has also led to some careless decisions – although some would call them bold. Scoring isn’t his strongest asset either yet, as just one goal in two Bundesliga seasons shows.

The Turk is still very inexperienced at the top level, and mistakes would be unavoidable. He certainly shouldn't sign for a manager who doesn't trust young players, because such a move could ruin his career.

Started his career as a striker too.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

All this ‘excellent signing’ stuff.. I hope so but has anyone on here actually seen these guys play?

Give over you tart. He’s 22 and played for his country 15 times. He has bags of potential. It’s a great signing even if his first game or 5 are a nightmare. Wind your neck in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ronnup said:

Give over you tart. He’s 22 and played for his country 15 times. He has bags of potential. It’s a great signing even if his first game or 5 are a nightmare. Wind your neck in. 

You need to wind your own neck in son!

I’m asking the question who’s actually seen these guys play? People are writing ‘brilliant’ with such authority and probably have never seen them play.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You need to wind your own neck in son!

I’m asking the question who’s actually seen these guys play? People are writing ‘brilliant’ with such authority and probably have never seen them play.

No one has seen him play I'd guess. But Arsenal wanted him. He has played for his country multiple times. Fourfourtwo wrote a very favourable writeup on him. Freiburg unexpected did very well with him in the team. His YouTube clips look good (I know, I know...). And he fits with Puel's tactics and desired players perfectly. Nothing is like seeing the lad play but it looks good so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Signing 3 CB’s seems a bit excessive unless we switch to a 3 at the back formation. If we stick with 4-2-3-1 and have signed 3 CB’s instead of another winger then that is just ridiculous. 

Benny might not get a squad number yet and be sold / loaned. We are planning ahead to the summer when Benny and Wes will likely leave.

If maguire went as well, we'd have one centre back on the books in Evans.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

All this ‘excellent signing’ stuff.. I hope so but has anyone on here actually seen these guys play?

Whaaaat you having a laugh? Man you need to play Fm and all that! Can’t just rate the English lads you see in the prem. 

People are writing ‘brilliant’ with such authority and probably have never seen them play.

Same people that were probably reacting the same way when we signed Musa , Slimani etc and have spent the past few months slating them....

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

No one has seen him play I'd guess. But Arsenal wanted him. He has played for his country multiple times. Fourfourtwo wrote a very favourable writeup on him. Freiburg unexpected did very well with him in the team. His YouTube clips look good (I know, I know...). And he fits with Puel's tactics and desired players perfectly. Nothing is like seeing the lad play but it looks good so far.

Found this on Twitter lol

We'll have to wait and see these signings play before actually declaring the window a success.

• Haha 1