Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mehrez

Söyüncü Signs

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

This lad and Maguire can hopefully forge a proper partnership with Ricardo and Chilly aside them. We are then going to have a back line of ball playing defenders for the first time probably ever.

Playing into Silva who, on his pre-season showings, can be our metronome.

Width worries me a touch but I think we've really balanced the side now. Could potentially look Ike this:

Kasper

Ricardo

Caglar

Maguire

Chilwell

Silva

N'Didi

Ghezzal

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Iheanacho, Benkovic, Diabate, Albrighton, Iborra, Evans

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

This lad and Maguire can hopefully forge a proper partnership with Ricardo and Chilly aside them. We are then going to have a back line of ball playing defenders for the first time probably ever.

Ever? What about Brian Carey and Jimmy Willis!

(Did they even play together?)

:thumbup:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

Will the permit be easy to get or will it take time? 

Can’t see it being rejected. He’s 22, gone for well over £15 million, already in the teens in number of caps for Turkey and with a weekly wage of over £40k, HMRC won’t turn away that kind of income tax. Just a formality really. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

45 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Can’t see it being rejected. He’s 22, gone for well over £15 million, already in the teens in number of caps for Turkey and with a weekly wage of over £40k, HMRC won’t turn away that kind of income tax. Just a formality really. 

He was injured so make take a few weeks before we see him.

All descriptions I've read of him make him sound like Sol Bamba! Freiburg fans say he works better with someone who will happily sit back and cover for him bringing it out of defence. Not sure based on this if him and Maguire have the potential to play together particularly with attacking full backs. Based on basically nothing I wonder if Maguire/Soyuncu are the bring it out the back pair and Benkovic/Evans are the sitters.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ithuriel said:

The two defenders signed today have made me feel more positive.

This. Puel has had a superb close season, having brought strength, and hopefully much more to the side. It is good to know that Harry M. is still with us, as he will be the fulcrum of the defence. Happy bunny, is what I am. :P

5 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

He'll absolutely be accepted.

Based on this blog/article from 2015 (I believe the rules haven't changed much since) it'll work as below:

Turkey are currently ranked 38th, so he needs to have played at least 75% of their matches in the last two years to be automatically accepted. Im not sure on this, but I believe he meets the criteria.

Failing that, though, there's a points system for the appeal panel. This isn't guaranteed, but as long as he gets 4 points he should be recommended for a permit. By my reckoning, he'll get 1 point because he plays in the Bundesliga and played the majority of minutes, at least 2 points because his transfer fee was in the top half of PL transfers (at a guess), and at least 2 (probably 3) points for being one of the higher earners at the club (at a guess).

In case that fails as well, there's a further points-based appeal stage, and a final appeal stage after that as well.

All this getting sent off, occasionally rash, does stuff with the ball but is sometimes overconfident makes me think of YB29 but a young version who can grow, now just a mad hatter who is 31! 

I’m excited!! Maybe a bit of Sol Bamba thrown in as well? 

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

No he means it. Another poster who’s dribbling over a player before he’s even seen him play.

Takes me back to the spaffathon we had on here when we knew we were signing Mendy, Musa and Slim.

Moral of the story: be excited at a signing but give it time before you hail him as the next Paolo Maldini.

More like the next Carles Puyol :ph34r:

On 10/08/2018 at 10:27, brookfox said:

All descriptions I've read of him make him sound like Sol Bamba! Freiburg fans say he works better with someone who will happily sit back and cover for him bringing it out of defence. Not sure based on this if him and Maguire have the potential to play together particularly with attacking full backs. Based on basically nothing I wonder if Maguire/Soyuncu are the bring it out the back pair and Benkovic/Evans are the sitters.

Maybe they'll play him at RB with Pereira on the wing, or play him alongside Ndidi in central midfield. Or maybe, just maybe we'll go 3 at the back so Evans sits with Maguire and Soyuncru moving forward with the ball and Ndidi or Iborra dropping in when they do so. 

I think Ricardo will take his place at RB at some point but for now Puel obviously prefers him to the options we have in the right forward position. That leaves Diabate (looks woeful currently) Albrighton (less effective on the right) and Ghezzal (fvck knows) to fill that position which when you think we had Mahrez there previously is a little concearning to say the least providing we continue with this current formation. 

When the dust settles I can only see Soyuncu and Benkovic battling for a CB with Evans and Wes. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

This should be sorted within a couple of days - anything longer is totally unnaceptable ........ his fifteen appearances for his national team over the past two seasons is pretty well enough on it’s own.  I assume football has a fast track application system within the structure. 

You have to get a specific Sportsperson's Visa (Tier 2 for Soyuncu I would guess) which covers elite sports people and coaches when endorsed by national governing body to international standard. I imagine Soyuncu will be fine on this, like you say due to his international caps and prestige/potential at his young age.

He'll certainly be endorsed and when applications like this come through I bet they go through a shit tonne quicker than some other standard Visa applications! Most recommend up to 3 weeks lol

On 10/08/2018 at 07:49, Swan Lesta said:

Nish, Cross, Sjoberg, Rodrigues?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maybe they'll play him at RB with Pereira on the wing, or play him alongside Ndidi in central midfield. Or maybe, just maybe we'll go 3 at the back so Evans sits with Maguire and Soyuncru moving forward with the ball and Ndidi or Iborra dropping in when they do so. 

Four top class CB's and Morgan as 5th choice seems overkill so I actually thought about this. I wouldn't be surprised to see Soyuncu in the "Eric Dier" role that he does for Tottenham. Playing in front of Maguire and Evans and dropping in defence when the full backs or Maguire go on a bit of a run.

He's obviously a natural defender and quick and can ping a ball with both feet so maybe he plays CDM and Ndidi plays more CM?

• Like 1