Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

considering my comment did cause a bit of traction I thought I’d join back in here. I’d like to politely point out that I said I’d never met a Mancunian who i would go out of my way to spend more time with (my own definition of sound). Probably just bad luck on my part! I like the city and yes I’m sure the population has its fair share of morally upstanding citizens. I’m sorry if anyone was offended. 

If Maguire’s knobstain of a brother is slagging us then it makes you wonder what Maguire himself has been saying on the down low, not that I particularly care 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t like Maguire, Manu, their fans, manager or players. Very over inflated sense of self that I have no time for, a bit like the rest of the trad top 6 and their fans. 

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

He was our third best defender, just because Man United got Fernandes in and dragged themselves over the line doesn't change the fact we were absolutely right to take the money and have improved without him.

They bought him with the intention of winning titles, not finishing a few points ahead of little Leicester who averaged a point a game for months.

Absolutely amazing how it's celebrated. They've won the same as us this season, fvck all. I was pleased to see Chelsea beat them in semi finals of the FA Cup.

Man Utd are a club built on trophies and now they're celebrating finishing 4th. 3rd.

Remember when Wenger used to finish top 4 with Arsenal every season and other clubs' fans used to take the piss out of him lol Now it's them celebrating winning nothing (same applies to Spurs fans).

Edited by Fox92
Got league position wrong
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Absolutely amazing how it's celebrated. They've won the same as us this season, fvck all. I was pleased to see Chelsea beat them in semi finals of the FA Cup.

Man Utd are a club built on trophies and now they're celebrating finishing 4th.

Remember when Wenger used to finish top 4 with Arsenal every season and other clubs' fans used to take the piss out of him lol Now it's them celebrating winning nothing (same applies to Spurs fans).

I'm sure the Man United fans are hurriedly trying to hide/ delete the tweets slating Maguire before February.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm sure the Man United fans are hurriedly trying to hide/ delete the tweets slating Maguire before February.

Not at all.  Still divergent views about him on the Caf.  I'd estimate that those who don't consider him good enough for a title challenge are in the minority, but it's close to 50-50.

A lot of them grasp that he is only a piece of the puzzle, not the answer, and has to be played with much faster/better partner(s) than the likes of Lindelof.  Or in a three.

It's true some of them continue to argue he was a smart buying decision at £80M.  They're either idiots ... or understand that £80M to MUFC is probably the same as £25M to LCFC.  Always more where it came from.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Not at all.  Still divergent views about him on the Caf.  I'd estimate that those who don't consider him good enough for a title challenge are in the minority, but it's close to 50-50.

A lot of them grasp that he is only a piece of the puzzle, not the answer, and has to be played with much faster/better partner(s) than the likes of Lindelof.  Or in a three.

It's true some of them continue to argue he was a smart buying decision at £80M.  They're either idiots ... or understand that £80M to MUFC is probably the same as £25M to LCFC.  Always more where it came from.

It's not though, is it. Pogba is listed as their record signing at £89.3m (I Googled that) and with the rumoured add-on for UCL qualification it probably takes the Slabhead fee above that. So if that's their record signing it's probably the same as the fee LCFC paid for Slimani or Tielemans (whichever one is our record signing). 

41 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bottom line is when you got United fans doing that, it means they are threatened by you. None of this Pat on the head ‘you are a decent team’ stuff. We’ve genuinely got under their skin. Which shows you how the club has gone on leaps and bounds 

I know, we're being mocked now for not reaching the Champions League, a far cry from Plymouth fans calling us deluded and arrogant after we nicked their manager and sat 10 places or more below them.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

Not sure Man City can be counted as the "traditional" big 6. Chelsea, only in the last 20 years. 

And Spurs only in the last 10, they were distinctly mid table before that.

Up to and including 2015-16 The Big 6 had only finished top 6 2 or 3 times, it was a largely media driven construct up to that point, but it became a self fulfilling prophecy partly because the bigger your media profile the more money you get. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Up to and including 2015-16 The Big 6 had only finished top 6 2 or 3 times, it was a largely media driven construct up to that point, but it became a self fulfilling prophecy partly because the bigger your media profile the more money you get. 

and the media still see us as little ol' Leicester.

19 hours ago, Captain... said:

What have Spurs won in the last 10?

4 hours ago, boots60 said:

What have Spurs won in the last 10?

The media jackpot, by being undeservedly classed along side serial winners and big spenders and financially benefitting by being shown on TV more and getting rolled up in the big six/Super Sunday media circus.

On 03/08/2020 at 18:31, Captain... said:

It was “top 4” until like 2012