Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

The quotes in the post are taken out of context from what he actually says though.

He says specifically he doesn't want them to win as a Chelsea fan as it gives them more of a platform to catch Chelsea which is fair enough.

I wouldn't want to see the likes of Newcastle, Palace or Everton given a platform which gives them a chance to catch up with Leicester either right now.

He's not saying he doesn't want Wolves to win because they don't deserve it or aren't good enough tbf.

Correctomundo.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I wouldn't want Wolves winning jt either. I hope Sevilla beat them. Nothing against Wolves as a club, I'm totally indifferent towards them, but i can't have them surpassing us as a club and we end up playing catch up to them. 

I feel the same about Everton. I was also happy Newcastle wasn't taken over as it would be a threat to our top 4 aspirations.

Good post. Personally I don't like Wolves, their fan base, or the media love in for them but your post is exactly what I agree with.

• Like 1

The twitter post frames it as a dig. In reality Cundy understandably doesn’t want Wolves as a threat.

It’s not about an embarrassment or the ‘cOEffIcIEnT’  

It’s not the Danny Mills ‘Watford v Leicester at Community Shield would be disgrace’ type bait 

• Like 1

Wolves are a bit flavour of the month at the minute aren’t they. Fair play good achievement for them getting to the quarters, I personally don’t think they will win it they’ll run out of steam - times last night they looked a bit leggy against Olympiakos, you’d imagine Sevilla would be more clinical in front of goal. It’ll be an interesting game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

I want Wolves to win it as it will kick Spurs out of the Europa league.

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Make it so

God no.

Do you know how deluded Wolves fans already are let alone winning the Europa League.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

On the wolves thing I was genuinely out the loop I only cared about watching getafe and inter, coming back from work yesterday and I see all this hype thinking theyd beaten Barcelona and it was only ****ing Olympiakos lol

They were outplayed by olympiakos as well. Really should not of gone through. Sometimes this place feels like the wolves forum. It’s odd.

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Not strictly Leicester but this is the sort of nonsense ourselves and Wolves are up against.

He's right though isn't he. If we're in for the same transfer target later in the summer for example, they've just won the EL and have CL football next season, they would likely be seen as the more attractive proposition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.planetfootball.com/nostalgia/the-day-vardy-and-mahrez-gave-a-clue-to-leicester-citys-stunning-title-win/

Looking back, it was obvious Leicester would win the title on the very first day

One of my kids at the time followed a YouTuber - Spencer - who was a west ham season ticket holder. 

He posted the normal match day video a few hours after the game (matchday 2) The footage of them at half time was the first hint for me we were on to something special. 

They were shellshocked. Visibly energised, bizarrely by seeing their own team ripped apart

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I miss the days when these threads were just full of angry comments from Bristol City & Hull forums.

The only real negatives now is how all our better players are busting a gut to leave but then we have the Transfer Forum for that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

One of my kids at the time followed a YouTuber - Spencer - who was a west ham season ticket holder. 

He posted the normal match day video a few hours after the game (matchday 2) The footage of them at half time was the first hint for me we were on to something special. 

They were shellshocked. Visibly energised, bizarrely by seeing their own team ripped apart

That was a great game at Upton Park. West Ham and Payet were superb second half but we battled it out

On 07/08/2020 at 09:35, Lionator said:

Not strictly Leicester but this is the sort of nonsense ourselves and Wolves are up against.

Nah to be honest I actually think he's right here. It's when people want to structure football to benefit the big six that I have a problem. This one's fair for me.

On 07/08/2020 at 13:13, The Horse's Mouth said:

On the wolves thing I was genuinely out the loop I only cared about watching getafe and inter, coming back from work yesterday and I see all this hype thinking theyd beaten Barcelona and it was only ****ing Olympiakos lol

They were very lucky to win as well from what I saw.