Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

On 03/08/2020 at 18:54, davieG said:

and the media still see us as little ol' Leicester.

I don't know why people fixate on this. The ONLY people I've ever heard use the weird phrase 'little old Leicester' are Leicester fans. 

We're medium sized and as old as all the other clubs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Apparently, this appeared in one of Portugal’s leading papers as the best 11 Portuguese players playing outside of Portugal.

Not directly relevant to us but I’m sure others can see the bullshit

Agreed. No Miguel Vitor is an appalling choice.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Agreed. No Miguel Vitor is an appalling choice.

Ah come on, the lad Figueiredo led the mighty Forest to 7th in the championship. Legend has it, without him, it would’ve been 6-1 to stoke on the final day - which would’ve just been embarrassing for them. Thank god it wasn’t anything like that.

17 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Apparently, this appeared in one of Portugal’s leading papers as the best 11 Portuguese players playing outside of Portugal.

B0360A47-914E-4ECC-B6D4-95264F10D9FE.jpeg

I guess those stats came from somewhere, whether its average performance score or otherwise. Out of interest, I wonder what Ricardo got if Cancelo got 7.17?

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

I guess those stats came from somewhere, whether its average performance score or otherwise. Out of interest, I wonder what Ricardo got if Cancelo got 7.17?

Well I saw a similar performance scoring system that ranked Ricardo as the 2nd best player in the whole league last season behind De Bruyne. You can twist those stats to suit though, take certain elements out to push a players score down.

On 04/08/2020 at 21:47, nnfox said:

And before that, Man Utd and Arsenal were the top 2.

Exactly, the idea of a “traditional” top 6 is a media construct that has only been around for half a decade. Especially when 2 of the 6 are financially boosted clubs 

22 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Andre Silva has been dreadful this season, so god knows why he's there. 

On 05/08/2020 at 21:31, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ironically Ricky P is in who scored? European team of the season. Outscoring TAA

Why would any Leicester fan want wolves in the champions league? It gives them a financial advantage, not to mention the prestige. 

Also the way wolves are run with the super agent just seems a bit shady. Would love them to get relegated and replaced with a club trying to do things in the right way. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, z-layrex said:

Why is it all wolves wolves wolves? We are in europa too, we have a better first 11 than them, we finished higher than them.

Because they're in Europa League quarter finals against our old friends from Seville. They could win the whole thing.

• Like 1

I think what OP was referring to was the way in which they were dismissed. Of course we don’t WANT Wolves to win it as it helps a rival. But the reasons they don’t want Wolves to win it are garbage, the same kind of vitriol levelled at us for having the audacity to qualify for the CL by winning the bloody league. 
I hope Wolves don’t win it, but if they do, they deserve a chance to perform at the highest level, like we did.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Because they're talking about this season's Europa League? Even the most optimistic Leicester fan is going to find it hard to talk up our chances of winning it this season.

Oh ****ing hell. lol

Edited by z-layrex

I would love wolves to win it and be in the champions League. The more clubs like wolves, ourselves etc can break the media narrative the more likely we are to be able to break the status quo longer term. It wasn't long ago that good young players only went to the 'big' clubs (mostly to sit in the reserves), now they all want to play at 'medium' sized premier League clubs or go abroad to establish themselves first. The next step if for teams like ourselves, wolves etc to qualify for the bigger competitions, generating increasing revenues and start to keep hold of the talent we are developing- further breaking the status quo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Not strictly Leicester but this is the sort of nonsense ourselves and Wolves are up against.

The quotes in the post are taken out of context from what he actually says though.

He says specifically he doesn't want them to win as a Chelsea fan as it gives them more of a platform to catch Chelsea which is fair enough.

I wouldn't want to see the likes of Newcastle, Palace or Everton given a platform which gives them a chance to catch up with Leicester either right now.

He's not saying he doesn't want Wolves to win because they don't deserve it or aren't good enough tbf.