Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

On 10/07/2019 at 11:43, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Agree. I'm worried that we'll all get carried away over the summer and as soon as things go even slightly off track then the support for the team will evaporate. Imagine if we go 1-0 down against Wolves, the place will go silent, then our young players start to get a bit edgy, passes go awry and suddenly we're moaning and groaning already. 

Yes I was thinking about this earlier, I’m buzzing for the first game of the season and I’ve probably not felt this excited before the season starts for a long time but Wolves are a really good team and we could quite easily go behind at some point in the game, I really hope everyone gets behind the team because I really feel we could kick on from a good start to the season 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Yes I was thinking about this earlier, I’m buzzing for the first game of the season and I’ve probably not felt this excited before the season starts for a long time but Wolves are a really good team and we could quite easily go behind at some point in the game, I really hope everyone gets behind the team because I really feel we could kick on from a good start to the season 

Yes tough start with Wolves and then Lampards first home game for Chelsea. It’s imperative that we get behind the team whatever happens over the first few games.

• Like 2

Don't really understand why Wolves are rated so highly to be honest, whatever they've done in recent years we've done it better. Not only should we be beating these, we should definitely be finishing above them. Just to solidify our title of 'Midlands best'.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I don’t understand why none of the Wolves players are being linked to United, Arsenal etc ? 

Aren’t they basically in bed with Mino Raiola? Or is it some other so-called super agent?

Probably best not to bite the hand that feeds :dunno:

edit My bad, Wolves is Mendes I think

Edited by Dahnsouff

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Kante came on for 8 minutes against Sunderland. 

I realised we had a player at West Ham. We were superb first half there and to be fair, West Ham were equally as good in the second inspired by Payet. We threw on Kante and he had this incredible ability to break up play. 

said it before but bury away. he played like he was on a ridiculous cocktail of drugs. he was sensational without doing anything particularly good. you could just tell he was “different”. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

said it before but bury away. he played like he was on a ridiculous cocktail of drugs. he was sensational without doing anything particularly good. you could just tell he was “different”. 

And Inler was way way off the pace.

43 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Yeah. I can remember the first time I saw him play for us, I could tell just by the way he moved around the pitch that he wasn't any old ordinary player. It didn't quite seem real.

Even to this day Kante's intelligence is underrated. Pundits talk about his engine and his tackling ability but he has one of the best brains in world football

Edited by Stadt

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

All these 'Leicester are poised  to do great things " articles are making me uncomfortable.  I'd prefer us fly under the radar and surprise people. Almost every season the "hyped" outsider falls short and I'm desperate for that not to be us. And in any case at present we are a long way from deserving such praise. While our transfer dealings have been good, we still finished a long way behind the top tier last season. 

I hope Brendan is keeping the squad's feet on the ground. They have done nothing yet.  

Reminds me of Everton a couple of seasons back. Let’s hope we don’t end up with fat Sam by Christmas 

13 hours ago, 4everfox said:

Don't really understand why Wolves are rated so highly to be honest, whatever they've done in recent years we've done it better. Not only should we be beating these, we should definitely be finishing above them. Just to solidify our title of 'Midlands best'.

Because they played consistently decent football last year, have a talented team and manager with potentially good financial backing.They finished above us last year, by 5 points. That kind of makes them the 'Midlands Best'..........at the moment

image.png.2048a0b07e47748be53af65d1def0133.png

• Like 4

Impossible to compare last seasons Leicester with Wolves, so many fluctuations in circumstance for both teams.

The better evaluation comes this season when we (hopefully) have a settled manager (This is more important than staffing in reality) and Wolves are past their 1st season euphoria.

(Admittedly they have their Europa league schedule to deal with mind, but if they are truely bothered about the Europa league, they can just chuck both domestic cups to lighten their load)

Guest Markyblue

Don't get the wolves fixation.  They are are a good team , had a great season and done brilliantly to make the Europa league. We completed the greatest miricle in sport and have no need to diminish others achievements. 

Anyone remember when Ipswich were promoted back in 2000? They finished 5th and booked a spot in the UEFA cup, all helped be Marcus Stewart scoring a bucket full. The next season they got relegated and have disappeared into obscurity since. On the other hand we had a pretty shit first season up in 2014/15, and won the title the following year. It's hard to predict what Wolves will do next year, the second season is always hard to call. You've been found out a little, you don't have that early winning momentum and in Wolves case they have Europe as a distraction. Wolves could easily break the top 6, they could equally end up 15th.

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I suspect less clubs have been interested in Wolves players because of their ages. Everyone wants a resale value. Neves and Dendocker apart there isn’t much room for that

I think they're also looking to scoop up the best English players to satisfy their quotas.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tanya said:

All these 'Leicester are poised  to do great things " articles are making me uncomfortable.  I'd prefer us fly under the radar and surprise people. Almost every season the "hyped" outsider falls short and I'm desperate for that not to be us. And in any case at present we are a long way from deserving such praise. While our transfer dealings have been good, we still finished a long way behind the top tier last season. 

I hope Brendan is keeping the squad's feet on the ground. They have done nothing yet.  

100% !! Some are getting carried away. Let’s not forget we’ve got a tough start as we seem to get. Wolves will be a very tough game, Chelsea away in Lampard’s first home game, Sheffield United will be flying high after promotion as a lot of the new clubs do (as we know), Bournemouth - 1 win in the past few seasons against them, then Man United away and Tottenham at home. As with last year, 2-3 of the ‘big six’ in the first six games. Last year we started well, let’s hope we do again, but nobody should be surprised if we do drop points, perhaps in the ones you wouldn’t expect. The performances against Arsenal and Man City at the back end of last season make me more confident we can get something out of the ‘bigger sides’ but it still won’t be easy. Exciting nevertheless!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think they're also looking to scoop up the best English players to satisfy their quotas.

Which is why all we hear is "Leicester player X linked with Manchester clubs" 

Edited by UniFox21

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

So they had a good season and finished 7th. When we have a good season we finish 1st.  They've been at our level for one season, far too early to claim they are a top side. Our best Championship side was better than theirs, as is our current one.

That still has to be proven..and not just

a bombastic bias opinion...

We have been excited with management change,new recruitment,the forum has shot into Dreamland...but nothing has yet been earnt...Our title win is gone, the time of living off that,has gone.In itself it may become part of the historical era,when we count things up.

But football is football...we start again,our emotional feelings towards any idea that we feel we have started to develope a consistent challenging top 6 side,has still got to be earnt...again and again,it never stops...

Because of last season's finish..Wolves and Watford ARE by a short distance still in front....bias hopeful opinions doesn't change that.!!!..Our new Squad doesn't change that..!! The squad has still got to prove it with performances,then results.Only At the end of the season , can we tot it up..

5 season's have gone since our return to the Top flight,but we are still at the beginning "hopefully"  of this new era.And the beginning of the period to EARN long time respects of achievements....It's not time to disrespect any of our opposition...

Other than mild banter with some guest Posters....We criticise other fan groups for their arrogance and entitled audacity.....let's not mirror them or become hypocritical of what we ourselves despise of other forums...

We have built what looks like a top squad,now these young guns & mix of experience have still to earn and prove the faith the fans are giving them...!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanya said:

I agree about flying under the radar. I'd prefer expectations to not be quite so high, as well.

We did finish a long way behind the top clubs last season, but we were seriously hampered by Puel's conservatism. If we'd had a manager like Rodgers, who wasn't so scared of attacking, for the whole season, I'm sure we'd have done a lot better. While I'd like the media to expect us to finish around mid-table, things do look good for us right now.