Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Nothing you are saying is incorrect but you are using a whole season when our whole season is not what we are rightly judging it on. We are judging it on the massive upturn since we made big changes.

By all means, be a realist/pessimist but I'm not joining you. Im on the optimistic bus for this season

Absolutely I'm on the optimism bus (with a hint of realism)

My remarks were more aimed at those laughing at the Arsenal fan's assessment of their team in comparison to ours.

I very much hope we'll be pressuring Arsenal, Man Utd et al. But there's a small matter of Everton and Wolves to overcome too. Ot's the most excited I've been for a Leicester team in a while though :scarf:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Absolutely I'm on the optimism bus (with a hint of realism)

My remarks were more aimed at those laughing at the Arsenal fan's assessment of their team in comparison to ours.

I very much hope we'll be pressuring Arsenal, Man Utd et al. But there's a small matter of Everton and Wolves to overcome too. Ot's the most excited I've been for a Leicester team in a while though :scarf:

I think we are already ahead of Wolves and Everton, despite his pretty superb transfer business, we still had Puel holding us back for over half of last season. On paper, we should be top six at least with our current setup. As for this season's rivals, I'm looking at Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United, possibly Spurs too.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Crazy that our full backs are much better and CBs... I struggle to really want any of those United players in our team bar De Gea. Pogba is too big headed and unsettles the team. So again we actually win midfield and Vardy is better than anyone they can put upfront .. it is actually crazy to be saying this 

I'd take Perez over Martial too, at least we know he'd put a shift in.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

That is sensational. Well all except this one..... 

I defy anybody to watch that and not cringe 

Oh Jesus christ what on earth did I watch. And why did i watch it all?! 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Was reading a few comments that Tielemans couldn't handle the pressure of being at a big club so he opted the easy option of joining Leicester. What absolute bo*****s lol

I have no idea whats in his head, but lets just make a leap of faith and assume for a minute that that is true.

Potentially superb news for us- it simply means it most likely that he will maximise his talent at a club like Leicester and that its also likely that he recognises the fact. In turn that might increase the probability he will stay with us even though he would attract attention from the big clubs due to consistent high performance.

As a scenario? Bring it on baby

15 hours ago, 4everfox said:

Bissaka on par with Ricardo? No chance. Shaw on par with Chilwell? Must be why he's first choice for England. Harsh on Barnes too. Mad how you could make a genuinely strong claim that our best 11 is better than theirs. Never thought I'd see this day.

Player-by-player comparisons are all well and good but don't really paint the full picture - if you were to compare both our squads in our title season then they'd probably come out on top overall. How well a team gels together and the cohesion between the players (and manager) plays just as big a role.

Thankfully we're still way ahead of them on that front as well though lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm a bit worried that all this hubris is going to bite us on the backside.

Transfer window isn't closed. Maguire is likely to leave. And as much as I don't rate Arsenal's squad in particular, they finish top 6 every year and we don't.

I've supported City for too long to know that one dickie result against wolves is all it takes for the traditional Leicester mentality of told you so, glass half empty eeyores to get going.

Let's just go quietly and humbly go about our business rather than sneering at Man U and Arsenal

Agree. I'm worried that we'll all get carried away over the summer and as soon as things go even slightly off track then the support for the team will evaporate. Imagine if we go 1-0 down against Wolves, the place will go silent, then our young players start to get a bit edgy, passes go awry and suddenly we're moaning and groaning already. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/784517

Iconic Moment

Leicester bring Kante to the Premier League

That first game against Sunderland you could just tell he was special. 

It wasn't just his tackles/interceptions either. Most of the time he won possession, he'd just burst forward like a coiled spring. It always put the opposition on the back foot and was so important for how we played. 

God, I miss him!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Danizen said:

It wasn't just his tackles/interceptions either. Most of the time he won possession, he'd just burst forward like a coiled spring. It always put the opposition on the back foot and was so important for how we played. 

God, I miss him!

Yes, and I seem to remember a few moans on here about him being naive for still trying to attack in the dying minutes of a match instead of holding up the ball at the corner flag.

On 09/07/2019 at 11:30, Paninistickers said:

Transfer window isn't closed. Maguire is likely to leave. And as much as I don't rate Arsenal's squad in particular, they finish top 6 every year and we don't.

I've supported City for too long to know that one dickie result against wolves is all it takes for the traditional Leicester mentality of told you so, glass half empty eeyores to get going.

Let's just go quietly and humbly go about our business rather than sneering at Man U and Arsenal

It's not like anyone here has to play in the games - I don't see any reason to temper the excitement some have about the future of the squad, it's okay to enjoy the anticipation and potential and frankly it's hard to argue we aren't better situated than a lot of 'top teams'. And while I agree the boo bird/sky is falling idiots who harried Puel out of a job will invariably rear their head when as you put it we have 'one dickie result against wolves', I say, so what. These curmudgeons are inevitable, like cold in winter, so I'm not going to let them rain on my parade. This is a squad being built the RIGHT way for long term success. Each building block should have us all unabashedly pretty excited.

Edited by knitro

On 09/07/2019 at 20:30, Paninistickers said:

This...

This is all I am saying...!

7 hours ago, Danizen said:

God, I miss him!

Away to Bournemouth he started on the left wing and still looked like the best player on the pitch. It was that game I realised we had a gem.

Kante came on for 8 minutes against Sunderland. 

I realised we had a player at West Ham. We were superb first half there and to be fair, West Ham were equally as good in the second inspired by Payet. We threw on Kante and he had this incredible ability to break up play. 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Kante came on for 8 minutes against Sunderland. 

I realised we had a player at West Ham. We were superb first half there and to be fair, West Ham were equally as good in the second inspired by Payet. We threw on Kante and he had this incredible ability to break up play. 

Shinji was obscenely good in those couple of games in all. What a guy.

• Like 2