Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Quite rate the whole Sean thing, especially now he's got other teams fans and even some media sources believing him. Tweets like that will hurt his "credibility" though, needs to keep it a bit more subtle while he's on this hot streak of wumming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7280493/Top-carrying-Vichais-legacy-Leicester-fans-dreaming-glory.html

The owner's helicopter death plunged Leicester into mourning... now his son Top has thrown himself into carrying on Vichai's legacy - and has Foxes fans dreaming of another glorious season.

The sight of Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha enjoying conversation with Brendan Rodgers before Leicester's friendly at Cambridge on Tuesday night served only to enhance the sense this season could once again lead somewhere special for the club.

An owner exchanging pre-season pleasantries with his manager is hardly reason to get enthusiastic in usual circumstances, but context is crucial here.

As we know Aiyawatt, known as Top, lost his father in harrowing circumstances last October. 

...and more here - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7280493/Top-carrying-Vichais-legacy-Leicester-fans-dreaming-glory.html

Why can’t they just do respectful articles like this instead of ones putting words into the mouth of the deceased just for click bait?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Villa are outspending us from a significantly weaker starting position. They're no real concern at all to me unless they've genuinely signed a load of gems.

I mean to be fair to Villa, their transfers haven't been particularly outlandish, just numerous. It's a matter of where they slot into the existing squad, because 6 incoming faces (with more arrivals possible) is a lot to incorporate consistently into a squad that has been on a journey together already, with the reduced margin for error the EPL affords.

Be interesting to see how Trezeguet gets on - he's one of those players who has always performed well for his national team but has a pretty anonymous record in club football reflected by nobody notable coming in except for his short loan at Anderlecht. Could be a steal at £9m, could be a waste of space.

All said though, players like Targett and Mings aren't exactly world-beaters, but seem like solid enough additions to their squad. Hopefully Fulham will serve as a cautionary tale for some time to come for teams not to spaff their promotion warchest on journeymen and Z-list marquee signings, at the expense of the team that got you to the Prem in the first place.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Curious about something. Why have we got a part 2 of this thread? Is there a maximum amount of pages a thread can have before it becomes full?

Part 2 always seems to come after part 1....

38 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I wish my mum would make me dinner but when I go to see her, I even end up making the brews. Then again, she was never the greatest chef. Bless her.

Yeah but unlike Sean i bet your not still a virgin.

Didn't think it worth it's own thread, but BT Sport at 8pm are showing our classic 3-3 draw with Arsenal from 97/98. I remember being off school ill that day but still managed to persuade the old man to take me in the evening. Bergkamp was unbelievable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Didn't think it worth it's own thread, but BT Sport at 8pm are showing our classic 3-3 draw with Arsenal from 97/98. I remember being off school ill that day but still managed to persuade the old man to take me in the evening. Bergkamp was unbelievable.

Arsenal's 3rd was sublime from Bergkamp but I remember 5live playing their commentary clip of it time and time again in trailers for 606 iirc. Trouble is the clip said 'Bergkamp wins it for Arsenal'

Oh no he didn't. What an ending that was?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 2

On 27/07/2019 at 17:24, Lovejoy said:

Makes me feel old but I remember that game so well. Row c in the old east stand was where my seat was, had a cracking view of Bergkamps 3rd. Remember feeling that he had won the game for them after us coming back in to it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Makes me feel old but I remember that game so well. Row c in the old east stand was where my seat was, had a cracking view of Bergkamps 3rd. Remember feeling that he had won the game for them after us coming back in to it

I remember Radio 5 simply unable to keep up as they reported on the game.

• Like 1