Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

its because the stupid game is becoming as much, if not more, about the transfer window (We are buying players, Wolves are "just" soldiifying their loans) than actually kicking the bloody onion bag :nono:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

its because the stupid game is becoming as much, if not more, about the transfer window (We are buying players, Wolves are "just" soldiifying their loans) than actually kicking the bloody onion bag :nono:

I think the onion bag is the goal net, not the ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Tanya said:

All these 'Leicester are poised  to do great things " articles are making me uncomfortable.  I'd prefer us fly under the radar and surprise people. Almost every season the "hyped" outsider falls short and I'm desperate for that not to be us. And in any case at present we are a long way from deserving such praise. While our transfer dealings have been good, we still finished a long way behind the top tier last season. 

I hope Brendan is keeping the squad's feet on the ground. They have done nothing yet.  

Glad it ain't just me lol

I think I'm too used to us defying expectations. I'm convinced if you had two scales of Leicester expectation against Leicester reality, we very frequently will practically mirror what is said in pre-season.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I think Wolves are flying under the radar quite nicely. They’re what we used to be. 

not really flying under the radar are they? quite  few people even predicted they'd finish 7th before the start of last season.

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well that'll be because we are in the transfer window and there are no competitive games. Hence transfers dominate the discussion. From August onwards, on pitch matters will be the main talking point. 

• Like 1

I'm actually a little surprised by how quiet Wolves have been. 

@The Bear is there much expected? Is the consensus that you don't fully know what to expect from the club in terms of transfers or do you think things are quite transparent?

Where do you feel you need to strengthen most and do you think you will? 

• Thanks 1

Most teams are still quiet other than rumours. There's only Villa, who needed to get a team together after their loanees left, and you lot, doing any real business. 

Ever since Fosun took over the club there has been very little leaking in the way of transfer news. The majority of them have happened very quickly after knowing nothing at all. Unless the other team or the agent leaks it then we know nothing. 

Nuno likes to have a small squad, as seen from last season. We've just let Costa go to Leeds and Cavaleiro is off to Fulham soon too. So we expect players to come in, but haven't got a scooby who or when other than what rumours we hear, 99% of which are bolx. 

We need at least 2 or 3 to be able to cope with four competitions this season, though the CEO Jeff Shi mentioned that the U23s could always be promoted to help out if needed this season, so who knows. We definitely need another striker (now we play two up top) and another right sided CB as a minimum, purely for cover. 

The fans are of course impatient and chucking their toys out of the pram because we haven't signed a first team player yet. I'm more relaxed, but I won't be if we don't have anyone in close to the deadline on Aug 8th. I'll need the Tena-Pants then!

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I like your signings so far btw. Both good players. Perez is a good finisher and will get plenty under a more attacking manager than Benitez, and with better midfielders. Tielemans we know is very good.

As it stands I'd predict you to finish 7th (or above). I have no idea how our European exploits might affect us, whether Everton can actually be decent for an entire season, how good West Ham will be, or whether Watford can replicate the season they've just had. 

Really looking forward to how the battle from 10th upwards is going to look. This is one of the most open leagues we've had for a while. 

I'm hoping Everton struggle as I'm not a fan of them particularly and West Ham always struggle for some reason. Completely forgot about Watford as well 

I suggest that having strong other contenders plays into our hands - if Wolves, Everton and Wham can start taking more points off the 'big 6', the possibility of a lower points total being successful is increased, 

Of course it then becomes imperative to beat said teams........oh, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'd like it to be happening again,

'Hey Man, we are Champions' League'

I'd like it to be happening again......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I like your signings so far btw. Both good players. Perez is a good finisher and will get plenty under a more attacking manager than Benitez, and with better midfielders. Tielemans we know is very good.

As it stands I'd predict you to finish 7th (or above). I have no idea how our European exploits might affect us, whether Everton can actually be decent for an entire season, how good West Ham will be, or whether Watford can replicate the season they've just had. 

I don't think you'll find it too comfortable this season. You'll be in for a rougher ride. You played a clever and unusual (for the premier) format last year....a sort of long ball side at the back, playing long diagonals into the channels...then a highly skilled attacking mode. Basically mixing it up, in old money.

I think good coaches will be better prepped this season.

Also, the small squad coupled with Europa league Thursdays is a worry.

That said, you've a fine manager and seemingly impressive back room set up. You seem one step ahead.

I hope I'm right. No disrespect to you, you seem a nice fella. But some bastard spat on me - I was 16 but looked 12 -  in the eighties and I've kinda wished ill upon you lot ever since 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I  honesty think it will be a bit of a free for all between about 3rd and 9th.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't think you'll find it too comfortable this season. You'll be in for a rougher ride. You played a clever and unusual (for the premier) format last year....a sort of long ball side at the back, playing long diagonals into the channels...then a highly skilled attacking mode. Basically mixing it up, in old money.

I think good coaches will be better prepped this season.

Also, the small squad coupled with Europa league Thursdays is a worry.

That said, you've a fine manager and seemingly impressive back room set up. You seem one step ahead.

I hope I'm right. No disrespect to you, you seem a nice fella. But some bastard spat on me - I was 16 but looked 12 -  in the eighties and I've kinda wished ill upon you lot ever since 

Sorry you had that experience. We have some right wankers supporting us at times. The 80s were a shit decade for Wolves but that doesn't excuse it. 

18 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Sorry you had that experience. We have some right wankers supporting us at times. The 80s were a shit decade for Wolves but that doesn't excuse it. 

It was the 80’s we all had them. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suggest that having strong other contenders plays into our hands - if Wolves, Everton and Wham can start taking more points off the 'big 6', the possibility of a lower points total being successful is increased, 

Of course it then becomes imperative to beat said teams........oh, I'm getting ahead of myself.

'Hey Man, we are Champions' League'

I'd like it to be happening again......

You're a top bloke, Peaky, but that 's the shittest chant ever.

17 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Really looking forward to how the battle from 10th upwards is going to look. This is one of the most open leagues we've had for a while. 

I'm hoping Everton struggle as I'm not a fan of them particularly and West Ham always struggle for some reason. Completely forgot about Watford as well 

It's only a feeling,but I expect this season a couple more teams will throw down the Gauntlet...

Competing strongly for a top 10 to 5 spot...

Leicester

Arsenal

Manutd

Wolves

Watford

Everton

Southampton

W.Ham.

Spurs I feel will compete again with Chelsea for 3 & 4th,but there could be a suprise team knocking on their door..

Manutd & Arsenal's pecking order might ,only might!! be challenged. There is still IMO a big chasm, from the also rans & top 5...

No matter how the season starts,I don't see this season,any the new promoted sides challenging top 10,though they will upset a few applecarts....

But then again nothing surprises me...

Spurs 8th,Leicester 12th,Sheff.utd 4th..

Norwich FA-cup winners.

I never predict...spoils the fun,& you miss that fun while you get frustrated trying to force your predictions in having some truth!!

41 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It's only a feeling,but I expect this season a couple more teams will throw down the Gauntlet...

Competing strongly for a top 10 to 5 spot...

Leicester

Arsenal

Manutd

Wolves

Watford

Everton

Southampton

W.Ham.

Spurs I feel will compete again with Chelsea for 3 & 4th,but there could be a suprise team knocking on their door..

Manutd & Arsenal's pecking order might ,only might!! be challenged. There is still IMO a big chasm, from the also rans & top 5...

No matter how the season starts,I don't see this season,any the new promoted sides challenging top 10,though they will upset a few applecarts....

But then again nothing surprises me...

Spurs 8th,Leicester 12th,Sheff.utd 4th..

Norwich FA-cup winners.

I never predict...spoils the fun,& you miss that fun while you get frustrated trying to force your predictions in having some truth!!

Be surprised if Southampton and Watford are up there this season.