Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

"Puel is a manager who builds the house rather than hosts the parties."

More like:

”The Thais inherited a run down house, and gave Pearson a modest budget to build a shed.

Pearson eventually built a huge shed that won Shed of the Year but had to be fired after an unfortunate racist sex orgy involving his son. 

Ranieri then came along with the job of maintaining Andy slowly upgrading the shed but accidentally ended up holding the biggest rave this town has ever seen. The kind that the whole city turn out for, and one that attracted the attention of the world. 

The rave then comes to an end as accidental fires break out in the shed which then spreads to the downstairs of the house. Ranieri sadly had to go. 

And along came Shakespeare to put the fires out and restart the party. But eventually the fire restarts slowly in the corner of the house and Shakespeare is also gone.

The Thais bring in Claude Puel to put the most visible fires out AND to start slowly rebuilding the house. 

The memories of the epic rave endure and glimpses of it are still there, as well as one or two legendary ravers who just won’t leave. 

But Claude has started to slowly rebuild the house anyway, securing the foundations regardless despite having to sell the flashy car in the front drive that would only work if it wanted to and preferred the garage in the posh area round the corner.

Behind the scenes The Thais are strengthening the foundations - making them some of the best in Europe - while still allowing Claude the time and space to figure out which cladding works best.

Debate will rage over whether the house is nice enough; but it’s still one of the “best of the rest” in the neighbourhood and nobody will ever forget that rave.

mzOe5Cn.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

You can tell he's a forest fan because I don't think a fan of any other club would have been able to crowbar a mention of forest into the article.

Their current squad and management are weighed down by stuff that happened before any of their players were even born? lol if you say so pal.

I'll wager at least one of their signings this summer gone had never heard of forest until their agent told them about the offer from them.

It's more the point that past success leads to heighten and unrealistic expectations. That's what the squad and management feel. For example we've posters during this season say we should target top six. Forest still have deluded idiots bleating on about top ten of the Premier League - doesn't help their last successful team was managed by an ex Clough players with a couple of ex Clough players in it. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

To be fair to our fans, we are pretty aware of the standing in the game and adjust our expectations accordingly. We just wanted to be in the Premier League whilst in the Championship and now we believe we should be in the top eight and possibly pushing for 6th with good cup runs. I doubt you'd see anyone 8/9 years ago saying we should be a top seven Premier League team. Now I think the talk is justified.

• Like 3

Easy parallels with Forest under Clough make the mistake of overlooking the major differences.

Forest owed their success entirely to having a genius manager. Leicester owed their success to new owners and great recruitment.

This means Forest could only be good while Clough was at the helm but Leicester are capable of success under any number of managers.

I have never bought into the ‘freak season’ explanation of our success although it’s clear we benefited from the relative weakness of some of the big clubs. I don’t think it’s impossible we could get in to the top 4 and certainly not the top 6. We are a rich well supported club which is well led and organised-that’s a pretty strong combination.

• Like 2

Daniel Storey is about the best football journalist going at the minute. There may be a bit of conjecture in that article, but it's not unreasonable and shows a deeper consideration of our current standing as a club than most writers can muster. Can't believe some people can take such comments so personally. And if you've been following his pieces and podcast contributions for a while, you'll know he doesn't let his support for Forest bias his reporting in any way either.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Do you mean the people voicing different opinions to Storey or the people spitting feathers that anyone would do so? :D 

A 10 paragraph post on an article that at worst you could say makes some mild assertions? Bit touchy that. 

7 minutes ago, Stadt said:

A 10 paragraph post on an article that at worst you could say makes some mild assertions? Bit touchy that. 

I enjoyed that post and its vibrant positivity, he's welcome to his opinion just as much as you're welcome to your opinion that it's a nearly perfect article.  It's erudite and demonstrates the author's general football knowledge but as an article about the current Leicester setup I think it misses the mark from the first, sensationalised sentence.  Ultimately I'd call it intelligent and well-written clickbait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I enjoyed that post and its vibrant positivity, he's welcome to his opinion just as much as you're welcome to your opinion that it's a nearly perfect article.  It's erudite and demonstrates the author's general football knowledge but as an article about the current Leicester setup I think it misses the mark from the first, sensationalised sentence.  Ultimately I'd call it intelligent and well-written clickbait.

I agree I probably come across as overly defensive of the article, it's just an article after all. It's not really clickbait as a FFT online piece about Leicester is barely going to pull in large volumes of traffic. There's much worse written about us by the tabloids ad even in the better papers, Storey is quite often on our side and any malice in the article is misread by some on here. I wish I hadn't have mentioned he was a Forest fan as that's what some posters have taken exception to but the fact remains that after a seminal season like 2016 the inevitable regression to the mean happens which is similar to his own club's experience, the article doesn't flat out say that will happen to us; its likely to.

• Like 2

On 03/10/2018 at 12:34, urban.spaceman said:

"Puel is a manager who builds the house rather than hosts the parties."

More like:

”The Thais inherited a run down house, and gave Pearson a modest budget to build a shed.

Pearson eventually built a huge shed that won Shed of the Year but had to be fired after an unfortunate racist sex orgy involving his son. 

Ranieri then came along with the job of maintaining Andy slowly upgrading the shed but accidentally ended up holding the biggest rave this town has ever seen. The kind that the whole city turn out for, and one that attracted the attention of the world. 

The rave then comes to an end as accidental fires break out in the shed which then spreads to the downstairs of the house. Ranieri sadly had to go. 

And along came Shakespeare to put the fires out and restart the party. But eventually the fire restarts slowly in the corner of the house and Shakespeare is also gone.

The Thais bring in Claude Puel to put the most visible fires out AND to start slowly rebuilding the house. 

The memories of the epic rave endure and glimpses of it are still there, as well as one or two legendary ravers who just won’t leave. 

But Claude has started to slowly rebuild the house anyway, securing the foundations regardless despite having to sell the flashy car in the front drive that would only work if it wanted to and preferred the garage in the posh area round the corner.

Behind the scenes The Thais are strengthening the foundations - making them some of the best in Europe - while still allowing Claude the time and space to figure out which cladding works best.

Debate will rage over whether the house is nice enough; but it’s still one of the “best of the rest” in the neighbourhood and nobody will ever forget that rave.

genius! :appl:one of the best posts, being funny and true, that ive read in a long long time. 

I salute you sir!

8f5c247c-9d6e-4e0e-b7e7-7f3788f6524f-medium.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Weller said:

Easy parallels with Forest under Clough make the mistake of overlooking the major differences.

Forest owed their success entirely to having a genius manager. Leicester owed their success to new owners and great recruitment.

This means Forest could only be good while Clough was at the helm but Leicester are capable of success under any number of managers.

I have never bought into the ‘freak season’ explanation of our success although it’s clear we benefited from the relative weakness of some of the big clubs. I don’t think it’s impossible we could get in to the top 4 and certainly not the top 6. We are a rich well supported club which is well led and organised-that’s a pretty strong combination.

Cloughie was indeed a genius but dont forget that they also broke transfer records spending huge (for the era).

Discovering he's a Forest fan just sort of reinforces my post in response tbf. Makes a bit more sense now really.

He basically just wanted to desperately convince himself that we're going to disappear in to obscurity the same as they did. 

• Like 1

From Football365 - "how every PL manager would fare in a brawl"...

9th - Claude Puel.

- I wasn't initially convinced about Puel's credentials: he spent his entire playing career at Monaco, and the streets of Monte Carlo are hardly notorious for churning out grizzled street toughs.

But then I read that he used to throw himself bodily into sliding tackles on his then-manager Arsene Wenger in training, just for lols. Man just doesn't give a f**k, and that makes him dangerous-.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mayofox said:

9th - Claude Puel.

- I wasn't initially convinced about Puel's credentials: he spent his entire playing career at Monaco, and the streets of Monte Carlo are hardly notorious for churning out grizzled street toughs.

But then I read that he used to throw himself bodily into sliding tackles on his then-manager Arsene Wenger in training, just for lols. Man just doesn't give a f**k, and that makes him dangerous-.

Image result for he dont give an f about gif

17 hours ago, Mayofox said:

9th - Claude Puel.

84C01DBF-E958-4833-A617-B2256A0519AD.jpeg

We're not famous anymore. On 'Tipping Point', the two (female) contestants were asked which East Midlands football team played at Filbert Street until 2002.

One didn't know, the other thought Aston Villa. (?)...

Sacrilege !

1 minute ago, Mayofox said:

We're not famous anymore. On 'Tipping Point', the two (female) contestants were asked which East Midlands football team played at Filbert Street until 2002.

One didn't know, the other thought Aston Villa. (?)...

Sacrilege !

Was it that shit bird from BT sport who try’s to hide her northern accent?

8 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Was it that shit bird from BT sport who try’s to hide her northern accent?

No, this was on an Irish station; middle aged 'Angela' said "Football's not my strongest subject".   No kidding!