Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Yeah I for one am absolutely gutted we're not playing them in #FL72 as their main rivals, battling the behemoths of Blackburn and Hull City in the process.

To be honest that thread's about right, we do register to them as much as people try and pretend otherwise.

I lived in south of Nottingham and the Loughborough area fir many years. I see loads of Leicester shirts. I never ever see Forest shirts in Leicester. 

Theres an entire generation who dont know what a Notts Forest is. Also, I love how they cling on to a supposed "rivalry,", with Liverpool from the 1970s. Liverpool could literally not care one shit about Forest. Not even on their radar. They should stick to their tin pot Brian Clough trophy and leave the rest of us alone.

• Like 2

As for the dippers themselves I'm happy to see them doing well. And Sheff U. Ideally I'd like to see the Prem with them, us, and Sheff Wed + Leeds + Derby in it. Bring it all back local and **** the bullshit clubs like Burnley off.

Got time for this comment though. 

in fairness, does anyone really care about forest any more? Until we're playing them regularly again I'm not that bothered. Hard to care about a team you dont come across. 

The ones classing Liverpool as rivals are hilarious though, like they give a **** about forest. 

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They are a fine example of how to be a sustainable Premier League Club.

Pity they originally got there by being one of the biggest cheats in the history of football.

:wes:

Brilliant. Completely forgetting that firstly we complied with the rules in place at the time and secondly we were relegated and spent a decade out the premier league since then, including  season in league 1. But yeah our administration really set us on our way lol

Wait, hold on, how have I never known this before. 

They think they have a rivalry with Liverpool? 

They've spent the last twenty years desperate to insist they don't care about Leicester and its not a rivalry and all the time they've been convinced Liverpool care? 

lollollollol

Ah can't spake. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Good to see there is still some sense out that way 

‘’And all the attempts to take the moral high ground because of something that happened nearly 20 years ago under previous owners. As if that has any real relevance to the current respective positions of the two clubs. Maybe people should look a bit closer to home, to the morally bankrupt shitshow of a glasshouse that this club was under Fawaz before throwing stones.

It certainly sounds like envy.’’

I love it when they start going on about FFP, completely forgetting they also broke FFP. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Just read and enjoy this forest thread :beer:

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=48240

Opening post ends in:

...And when we do, at least we won't need those tin-pot plastic clappers to get an atmosphere up.

You got so close to not caring man

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

To be honest due to geography more than anything I've never cared for Forest or Derby anywhere near to how I cared about a Cov game, but their demise until recently meant even that subsided (looks like they may be Championship next season though so who knows?).

I've embraced the lack of rivals though, makes being a bastard to every club equally a lot easier.

I'm never convinced by any fan, of any club, when there is excessive denial of rivalry. 

Why try and deny the obvious, which is there is always going to be rivalry when there is proximity of clubs competing at a similar level and most definately when competing in the same competition. Personally, whilst I enjoy the banter of these clubs not being succesful,  I'd love for Derby, Forest, Cov to be in the same league so that we have these games each season. It would add so much to whats 'at stake' for so many people and would far outweigh the (admitted) joy of current banter.

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They've spent the last twenty years desperate to insist they don't care about Leicester and its not a rivalry and all the time they've been convinced Liverpool care? 

lollollollol

Ah can't spake. 

They really do, in fairness a lot of smaller clubs dislike the likes of Liverpool and Man United, Forest are just the only ones daft enough to think they’re rivals with them, meanwhile Liverpool fans don’t even know this rivalry exists.

Cringeworthy thing is they hang on to one song Liverpool have sung for years where they mention Forest and bring that up to prove they care, yet when they sing about us it it’s because no other team in the world would fit the chant.

46 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lollollollol

Ah can't spake. 

The older Liverpool fans probably have a soft spot for Forest due to nostalgia from the 1970s. The younger Liverpool fans dont even know what a Notts Forest is.

3 minutes ago, Yes said:

They really do, in fairness a lot of smaller clubs dislike the likes of Liverpool and Man United, Forest are just the only ones daft enough to think they’re rivals with them, meanwhile Liverpool fans don’t even know this rivalry exists.

Cringeworthy thing is they hang on to one song Liverpool have sung for years where they mention Forest and bring that up to prove they care, yet when they sing about us it it’s because no other team in the world would fit the chant.

To be faaaaaair, there are also Leicester fans that think we've got some kind of rivalry with Chelsea because of the "and Leicester" thing. 

It's not so much that that makes me laugh, I mean basically all football fans are weirdly obsessed with everyone both loving and also hating / being rivals with their club, its ****ing strange. What makes me laugh is just the lack of self awareness in insisting we care about them but they don't care about us but then insisting Liverpool care about them when they don't. 

That's just superb lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

The older Liverpool fans probably have a soft spot for Forest due to nostalgia from the 1970s. The younger Liverpool fans dont even know what a Notts Forest is.

Just a place without trees I assume...

3 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

I'm never convinced by any fan, of any club, when there is excessive denial of rivalry. 

Why try and deny the obvious, which is there is always going to be rivalry when there is proximity of clubs competing at a similar level and most definately when competing in the same competition. Personally, whilst I enjoy the banter of these clubs not being succesful,  I'd love for Derby, Forest, Cov to be in the same league so that we have these games each season. It would add so much to whats 'at stake' for so many people and would far outweigh the (admitted) joy of current banter.

In fairness I do think there’s fans on both sides of all the teams you mentioned who aren’t that bothered about being rivals with one and other, that can be down to a lot of things some of which do actually make sense.

But if you’re a Forest or Derby fan and it doesn’t bother you in the slightest another team in your region is by far the best and most popular side, to the point a game with each other wouldn’t even be the most important game in the East Midlands if we were playing on the same day, it only goes to show how small time they’ve become, if that doesn’t bother you then fair enough, you know your place, I wouldn’t expect it to bother Mansfield either I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Lmao this is gold 

"No matter what they achieve they will never be our rivals. That will always hurt them no matter how many trophies they win." 

lollol

Forest were the last thing on my mind watching us lift the title or beating Sevilla😂😂

Guest Markyblue

Unfortunately for them they are the old girlfriend who dosnt shut up about you,  telling everyone she doesn't care about you. Our rivals now win trophies and play in the premier league,  so no your not our rivals.

5 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Forest were the last thing on my mind watching us lift the title or beating Sevilla😂😂

Neither did any City fan. Look at the Championship thread. Forest rarely come up and are almost never mentioned. They think way too highly of themselves. 

• Like 1

there's so many to choose from. 

"not jealous of that identikit ground they play at" oh noooooo we won the league and played in the champions league but we don't have a ground that's half full and half shit. nightmare. 

as for the guy who said he wouldn't care about the results because it's all about the morality of what he associates with, ahahaha. what a fu cking worm. 

• Haha 2

Up until 2014 Forest was a big game for us but we've been way ahead of them recently. Could say the same going back to Pearsons first stint.

They don't have any relevance to us in the Premier League era. We've only been been in the PL in the same season 3 times since and each time ended in a relegation for one or the other.

Nowadays Burnley or Bournemouth is a grudge match. Forest doesn't come close.