Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

43 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Another good stat is the all time Premier League table. It's been around long enough now to be an era.

LCFC ….  14th

Snotties….32nd

Derby ….. 33rd

https://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeAwayLeagueTable?comp_code=EPL

Look at the powerhouses who are above them. Swansea, Wigan, QPR. 

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Anything I post on Twitter gently mocking Forest (or Derby) - and that's without even mentioning lcfc in a tweet - gets the usual "but we don't care about you" comments and "stop trying to make a rivalry that isn't there" which does make me laugh.

I'm quite happy we don't have a direct rival, there's nobody to hate and hatred only consumes you.

We're all relatively similar in terms of size / fan base as well as being geographically similar but over the past 20 years we've finished above them both in 13 of those seasons (I think) so we're the best East Midlands club for a generation. (Not that that stat hugely matters, obviously)

Derby haven't won a major trophy since the mid 70s. Forest haven't won a major trophy since the early 90s. We've won three since 97.

Then again we do bang on abouth ow we don't care that they don't care etc etc lol

This.

The original thread on the Forest forum currently has only 79 posts. It's hard to play the 'does this thread look bovvered' card when we must be getting close to that.

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

This.

The original thread on the Forest forum currently has only 79 posts. It's hard to play the 'does this thread look bovvered' card when we must be getting close to that.

this x a million times ……… please, please can we not trash this thread. its one I always open but if its going to spend two weeks banging on about a sh1t club north of Loughborough its not worth reading …….

• Like 2

I think what I find most weird about Chris Sutton is that he's a pretty much posh, middle class sounding English bloke from the Midlands / East Anglia who acts like he's Billy Mcneill or something. 

I mean don't get me wrong, you play six years for a club and play a hundred games, you're going to have some fondness for them. But he acts like he's the Patron Saint of Glasgow. Like his blood runs in green and white hoops. 

I mean, twenty years on I'd expect Marc Albrighton to remember Leicester fondly and to be remembered as a league winner here but he's still a born and raised Villa fan from the West Mids who grew up in their academy. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

this x a million times ……… please, please can we not trash this thread. its one I always open but if its going to spend two weeks banging on about a sh1t club north of Loughborough its not worth reading …….

I get that, but as a City fan it's in my DNA to despise them.

I don't give a monkey's that the folk of sandiacre, Eastwood, hucknall and various other non descript northern brexit-on-steroids filthholes where they pool their support from don't reciprocate. There is absolutely no cultural or geographical common ground between those places and, say, Blaby. Or Groby.

I just enjoy hating Forest. And the city of Nottingham generally. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Another good stat is the all time Premier League table. It's been around long enough now to be an era.

LCFC ….  14th

Snotties….32nd

Derby ….. 33rd

https://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeLeagueTable?comp_code=EPL

Move Palace up one and those 20 teams are what I would consider “vintage premier league”

You can bet your bottom dollar Forest hate where we are now, I recall in the 80s they loved it that they was the top dog in the EM, and I must admit I was jealous of the ****ers, but how times have reversed, I’m revelling in it , and long may it continue.

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Until someone comes up with the big club formula then it's just a nonsense debate.

No one seems to know what 'big' actually means (or have different interpretations quite often age related).

They're a bigger club than us using pretty much any metric other than trophies won in recent history. Fan base revenue stadium history etc. Not really a debate. Much prefer our setup at the minute though and we are growing.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

They're a bigger club than us using pretty much any metric other than trophies won in recent history. Fan base revenue stadium history etc. Not really a debate. Much prefer our setup at the minute though and we are growing.

Division 3 Champions, they'll never sing that.

Spurs are bigger currently, definitely, but would rather be us at the minute than them. Mostly be cause god knows how bad it all is behind the scenes there. Could be an easy fix for a new manager or require a complete squad overhaul and I'm leaning towards the latter alot. 

Nice to be in the debate though. Shows how far we've come though. 

How far back into a clubs history do you go for their 'historic size'? Fan base is a weird one too as it will always come and go as that period in times success does. 

• Like 1