Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"I don’t watch any Premiership football" was my favourite quote.  Of course you don't sunshine lol 

Well not at the shitty ground anyway. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

To be faaaaaair, there are also Leicester fans that think we've got some kind of rivalry with Chelsea because of the "and Leicester" thing. 

It's not so much that that makes me laugh, I mean basically all football fans are weirdly obsessed with everyone both loving and also hating / being rivals with their club, its ****ing strange. What makes me laugh is just the lack of self awareness in insisting we care about them but they don't care about us but then insisting Liverpool care about them when they don't. 

That's just superb lol

The Chelsea thing was because of firms, the headhunters and baby squad was the rivalry not really Leicester vs Chelsea 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The Chelsea thing was because of firms, the headhunters and baby squad was the rivalry not really Leicester vs Chelsea 

Was just about to say... having been accidentally been caught up in things a few times between the fans. There was definitely a "thing" between certain groups. 

2 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Up until 2014 Forest was a big game for us but we've been way ahead of them recently. Could say the same going back to Pearsons first stint.

They don't have any relevance to us in the Premier League era. We've only been been in the PL in the same season 3 times since and each time ended in a relegation for one or the other.

Nowadays Burnley or Bournemouth is a grudge match. Forest doesn't come close.

Serious? 

You really think next time we play them it will be just another league fixture.

Bournemouth vs Leicester a grudge match:blink:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Serious? 

You really think next time we play them it will be just another league fixture.

Bournemouth vs Leicester a grudge match:blink:

Grudge match might have been a bit strong admittedly but given our mediocre record against them up until recently its one you hate to draw/lose.

Not saying Forest isn't a rivalry but it isn't exactly Man Utd v Liverpool or the Old Firm in the grand scheme of things.

That said if we were both PL regulars things would heat up.

• Like 1

I find the idea totally abhorrent but the one upside of the far-fetched rumours of a sealed off Premier League with no relegation or promotion is the idea that Forest & Derby would forever be consigned to the minor leagues and the absolute UPROARS and tears of "muh history!!" for the following decade afterwards.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, martyn said:

It continues to absolutely baffle me as to why Forest fans are always at such pains to constantly mention how little they care about Leicester. 

They actually think we are that worried about it,as if it really upsets us.Thats the bit that gripes me more.

Its like they know we are more successful in modern times and can’t compete,so have to think of something irrelevant that would really,really upset us, I would give back that PL trophy and CL matches in a flash just to have a rivalry.😂

Do you think they proclaim it too much?

Edited by cambridgefox

3 hours ago, martyn said:

It continues to absolutely baffle me as to why Forest fans are always at such pains to constantly mention how little they care about Leicester. 

it's the only thing they can use to try and belittle us

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nobody:

At all:

Literally not a soul:

Forest fans: WE DON'T CARE ABOUT LEICESTER 

All the more apparent since our title win. For the time being I’m very happy with us on our own. It lets us consolidate ourselves as the top East Midlands side. Once the training ground is built and the King Power expanded, I’d bloody love it if we could loan some of our players to them. Then in the eventuality either got promoted, it’d be because of our youth/reserves :beer:

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

All the more apparent since our title win. For the time being I’m very happy with us on our own. It lets us consolidate ourselves as the top East Midlands side. Once the training ground is built and the King Power expanded, I’d bloody love it if we could loan some of our players to them. Then in the eventuality either got promoted, it’d be because of our youth/reserves :beer:

Letting Benny reluctantly go was the first stage in their development.

Looking at Derby and Forest is like looking at a relationship that has completely gone off the rails where they both argue and fight with each other but try desperately to convince themselves and others that they actually love each other.

We're like their ex that has gone on to better things and they're forever bitter about it.

• Like 2

Anything I post on Twitter gently mocking Forest (or Derby) - and that's without even mentioning lcfc in a tweet - gets the usual "but we don't care about you" comments and "stop trying to make a rivalry that isn't there" which does make me laugh.

I'm quite happy we don't have a direct rival, there's nobody to hate and hatred only consumes you.

We're all relatively similar in terms of size / fan base as well as being geographically similar but over the past 20 years we've finished above them both in 13 of those seasons (I think) so we're the best East Midlands club for a generation. (Not that that stat hugely matters, obviously)

Derby haven't won a major trophy since the mid 70s. Forest haven't won a major trophy since the early 90s. We've won three since 97.

Then again we do bang on about how we don't care that they don't care etc etc lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Anything I post on Twitter gently mocking Forest (or Derby) - and that's without even mentioning lcfc in a tweet - gets the usual "but we don't care about you" comments and "stop trying to make a rivalry that isn't there" which does make me laugh.

I'm quite happy we don't have a direct rival, there's nobody to hate and hatred only consumes you.

We're all relatively similar in terms of size / fan base as well as being geographically similar but over the past 20 years we've finished above them both in 13 of those seasons (I think) so we're the best East Midlands club for a generation. (Not that that stat hugely matters, obviously)

Derby haven't won a major trophy since the mid 70s. Forest haven't won a major trophy since the early 90s. We've won three since 97.

Then again we do bang on about how we don't care that they don't care etc etc lol

Another good stat is the all time Premier League table. It's been around long enough now to be an era.

LCFC ….  14th

Snotties….32nd

Derby ….. 33rd

https://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeLeagueTable?comp_code=EPL

Edited by Spudulike

On 05/10/2019 at 11:07, urban.spaceman said:

lol

What a weirdo Sutton is.

Celtic win **** all in Europe now they have to refer back to the 60s.

"How many Celtic players would get in Leicester's team" errrrrrrrr "how many Leicester players would get in Celtic's hall of fame" what a stupid answer.