Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

19 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

"No matter what they achieve they will never be our rivals. That will always hurt them no matter how many trophies they win."

Pure gold. Glorious!

11f.gif.7acb861c361bf797dc88c3fe85f412ae.gif

I often use those same words about Bayern Munich and Real Madrid

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I often use those same words about Bayern Munich and Real Madrid

I've no doubt when they're lifting trophies they're thinking, "Well, this should help slightly to numb the pain. Might sleep a bit better tonight. Are you watching, Leicester?"

39 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Old Alan looking a rather fetching shade of puce. Does he still have the odd bout of Monday morning flu @UpTheLeagueFox

Couldn't possibly comment :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ray Parlour cracks me up. Funny man. 

Worked with him at Watford on Saturday. Sound bloke.

Him and Brazil do like their nights out. Big Al probably gets a chauffeur home afterwards but Ray...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Him and Brazil do like their nights out. Big Al probably gets a chauffeur home afterwards but Ray...

He's ****ing hilarious. I love listening to his stories. The more you listen to him the more you realise Jimmy Bullard is just a poundshop Parlor impersonator. 

8 hours ago, Yes said:

Do they not get bored of the big club debate? 

They are clearly trolling him. Tottenham are obviously are bigger club but that doesn't mean managers/players would leave us for them. Aston Villa are also bigger than us but no way in a billion years would anyone at Leicester jump ship to Villa in this era. 

That said, if we could emulate Spurs trajectory of their last 5 years I would be delighted. Cant deny how much they have progressed as a club despite not winning a trophy.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, Koke said:

They are clearly trolling him. Tottenham are obviously are bigger club but that doesn't mean managers/players would leave us for them. Aston Villa are also bigger than us but no way in a billion years would anyone at Leicester jump ship to Villa in this era. 

That said, if we could emulate Spurs trajectory of their last 5 years I would be delighted. Cant deny how much they have progressed as a club despite not winning a trophy.

The 2 clubs combined are not as big as alan brazil, i think he has eaten spurs fighting spirit. 

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

brilliant - weve all been there. Cant tell you how many times Ive missed getting off at loughborough after a boozy night in london :-)

3 hours ago, Markyblue said:

The 2 clubs combined are not as big as alan brazil, i think he has eaten spurs fighting spirit. 

That or they let him loose in the cheese room before a game.

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Villa being a bigger club than us is debatable. The size of the City (and fan base) isn’t the be all and end all.

Their history is very much ‘history’ too. 

13 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Spurs are bigger currently, definitely, but would rather be us at the minute than them. Mostly be cause god knows how bad it all is behind the scenes there. Could be an easy fix for a new manager or require a complete squad overhaul and I'm leaning towards the latter alot. 

Nice to be in the debate though. Shows how far we've come though. 

How far back into a clubs history do you go for their 'historic size'? Fan base is a weird one too as it will always come and go as that period in times success does. 

Spurs have always had a massive fan base. Made obvious by the fact they have moved to a huge stadium due to a massive Season Ticket  waiting list despite the fact they are, relatively speaking, shite and have won very little recently.

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Spurs have always had a massive fan base. Made obvious by the fact they have moved to a huge stadium due to a massive Season Ticket  waiting list despite the fact they are, relatively speaking, shite and have won very little recently.

For very little change to jack s..t

29 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Villa being a bigger club than us is debatable. The size of the City (and fan base) isn’t the be all and end all.

Their history is very much ‘history’ too. 

In the minds of the neutrals Villa are a bigger club than us without a doubt, most their trophies were won a long time ago, before the ww1 even, but you can’t point stuff like that out without receiving the typical “football wasn’t invented in 1992” response. But they’re bigger in a few other aspects as well to be fair.

Realistically the only clubs who are truly appealing to players and managers based on club size are the top 4 or 5.

• Like 1