Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Mendy

Considering his past 2 seasons I thought he was sensational.  Didn't even know he was fit and available! 

Perfectly fits Puel's formation. A round peg in a round hole. And you know he won't get pulled out of position, he has no ambition to bomb forward. I can see Ndidi getting forward more to try his long range shots this season. 

• Like 2

He was good, a super solid display. If you compare him to Iborra and Silva what he does is play it faster, generally play it simple and rarely gives it away. Whenever someone played it into him it got fed into someone else first time creating options and keeping the team moving forwards and on the front foot. He combined well with multiple players and drove into the box on occasion.

In in terms of criticism I felt he got muscled off the ball too easily at times and his physical stature means he loses midfield aerial duels. There were also at least two occasions where he drove into the box but neither shot nor played in someone to score when he had the time and space to do so. But that’s clutching at straws as he did the job he was asked to do very well.

I still feel on paper that Silva should be the better player but sometimes when choosing a team it’s about picking players that can be trusted so others can play their game.

He’ll start for sure in the next game. 

• Like 4

MOTM easily.

As I posted in the post match thread he was everywhere today, made tackles, made interceptions, hardly gave the ball away and actually looked to move the ball forward when he had it.

Very impressed, better than Kante I say ;) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StevieB said:

Just seen someone post on twitter saying that Ndidi is the leagues best midfielder? Not being funny but I've thought for a long time he's overrated and I'm so glad Mendy came in and did that. Kept it simple when passing, put the tackles in and has got an eye for a forward pass, very Kante esq. Promising very promising 

Interesting, I thought he was rather timid with the forward pass, he went backwards far too easily when he had an advantage with players in front of him. Agree he was solid elsewhere though, very good game overall.

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was very good today. Let's not forget the man was about as welcome at this club as Mick Philpott at a fire station, but he's for whatever reason been intergrated this summer and he may well have a future here. Puel obviously loves him.

Initially I thought you were having a dig at Lee Philpott, then I read the remainder of the post . . . 

Pleasantly surprised by Mendy today. Shock and surprise in a different way that he was picked but certainly a very good decision by Puel as it was a move that paid off. For a small player he certainly made his presence felt - tenacious and good tackling, good passing and fairly composed on the ball. I enjoyed his performance today and was just as influential as Maddison was but for different reasons.

If he churns out more performances like that and stays injury-free, it'll be like a brand new signing and give solid competition to Iborra/Silva. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think some are going over the top he was good though and worked well with ndidi.

Going OTT...nope, he fully deserves all this praise.

Mendy and Ndidi were the best players on the pitch today by a country mile.

• Like 2

It's fantastic to see the very same lot saying how shit he was until this game and now considering him to be an eventual  starter. The guy never really had a chance and his spell with us was plagued by injuries. 

Hopefully people will wait a bit before pulling the trigger on a player. Wishful thinking, I know.