Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Mendy

9 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I don’t know how you came to the conclusion ndidi was brilliant and Mendy only good...explain why?

Stats aside, he won basically every aerial duel that came his way. Stopped Neves from playing which stopped Wolves from playing. Passed it beautifully for a change too and rarely gave it away, and was unlucky not to better with his strike late on.

If you do look at stats, it's even better reading:
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284757/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Leicester-Wolverhampton-Wanderers

The same amount of tackles and interceptions, but also a number of clearances. I thought Ndidi was absolutely immense from start to finish. Mendy did do well though!

MatchStats.PNG.6b60497e281a640c30e3fb78bf6f2dc0.PNG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

MOTM easily.

As I posted in the post match thread he was everywhere today, made tackles, made interceptions, hardly gave the ball away and actually looked to move the ball forward when he had it.

Very impressed, better than Kante I say ;) 

Better than big Dan?

I was struggling to recognise Mendy today because he seemed physically bigger. Not saying he's bulked up, all I'm saying is that he was bossing things more than I remembered. He looked a bigger player.

Puel's midfield selections now depend, I think, on how he wants us to play and who we are playing against. We seem to have a number of viable options, glory days indeed. We've got a pretty decent squad.

There were glimpses of the Mendy we saw today on his debut. Such a shame he got injured, I know it's one game but looks like we may have had a player there all along.

Passed well, in fact with 11 men I don't remember him giving the ball away. Carried the ball well too.

Hope it continues.

Edited by teblin

I thought he was really neat and tidy today and to be fair he's looked decent whenever he's played for us. I'm glad he got his opportunity today. I thought he might just be one of those guys who for whatever reason just doesn't fit in. Today made me think he could potentially be an important player for us.

• Like 2

Played like the player we hoped he'd turn out to be when we first signed him after Kanté had left.

Brilliant performance today, hardly set a foot wrong, funny tackle in the first half.

My only concern is that I wonder for how much longer we'll be able to witness his work ethic on the pitch, given the fact that he's been very unfortunate with injuries in recent years and that his legs could turn out to be made out of glass sooner than later again.

Here's to a successful full season for you, Nampalys! :fc:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Stats aside, he won basically every aerial duel that came his way. Stopped Neves from playing which stopped Wolves from playing. Passed it beautifully for a change too and rarely gave it away, and was unlucky not to better with his strike late on.

If you do look at stats, it's even better reading:
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284757/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Leicester-Wolverhampton-Wanderers

The same amount of tackles and interceptions, but also a number of clearances. I thought Ndidi was absolutely immense from start to finish. Mendy did do well though!

MatchStats.PNG.6b60497e281a640c30e3fb78bf6f2dc0.PNG

If Jamie vardy made no tackles, how did he get sent off for a bad tackle

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I thought he was really neat and tidy today and to be fair he's looked decent whenever he's played for us. I'm glad he got his opportunity today. I thought he might just be one of those guys who for whatever reason just doesn't fit in. Today made me think he could potentially be an important player for us.

Brave by Puel as well, he must know that some fans and press would prefer us not to succeed so they can say cheerio. For me Puel might not be the person everyone wants but he is what Leicester needs. (As long as he doesn't make 4 changes a game!)

• Like 3