Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

So many "puel out" calls from fans, so who replaces him?

Seem to remember the days when it was reported that the Owners wanted European Football within five years. Would think that winning the Premiership ahead of target doesn't mean they'll suddenly settle for mid table mediocrity. Long may that continue.

• Like 3

From what I got told he had till this month, with which we're obviously only half way into; to convince the owners. Will be a very interesting end to the month, or not very depending on if the info was a load of B. 

Shakespeare was somewhat sacked out of the blue so it wouldn't surprise me if something similar happened with Puel. Although, personally i'm all for keeping him. 

8 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

From what I got told he had till this month, with which we're obviously only half way into; to convince the owners. Will be a very interesting end to the month, or not very depending on if the info was a load of B. 

Shakespeare was somewhat sacked out of the blue so it wouldn't surprise me if something similar happened with Puel. Although, personally i'm all for keeping him. 

By who Sheff??

34 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Interesting that this story never seems to go away.

Easy story for our club. Players known for trying to get the manager sacked, fans that expect more league titles and champions league, owners sacking managers,etc.

4 hours ago, Ian S said:

I don't think I said otherwise if you read my comments.However if I was being pinnickity between 7th and 9th is better than 10th.

The point is our squad is better than a top 10 finish,do you disagree? 

I think our natural position based on the quality of the players we have is somewhere between 7th and 12th

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yks said:

I think our natural position based on the quality of the players we have is somewhere between 7th and 12th

I think if we had a manager that got the best out of our players we would be 5/6/7/8 I think Puel will lead us eventually to 10/11/12/13 and we’ll be asked to be transitionally grateful.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lgfualol said:

8th is good, is it not? 

Not really sure what our fans want. Think most of the forum would be happier if we were in league 1 as long as the manager did banters and we did long balls.

Why didn’t you @ me, Well up for this.

In this day and age of virtually every football fan wanting relatively instant success (whilst conveniently forgetting that we were a League One side this time ten years ago!), then a 5th-7th place finish next May would be the expected bare minimum requirement now for a team like us for many delusional fans (albeit after the unprecedented Prem. title triumph of 2016) but reality suggests that with our 'par for the course' squad for a mid table mediocrity finish (despite retaining the services of Maguire for this season), then the chances are that this will not be accepted by a 50% cut of the fans and/or perhaps the owners too - if their heads remain firmly in the clouds after 2016's unbelievable act of God! Puel skating on this ice throughout the entire season it seems, sooner rather than later - especially if we don't get 9 points out of the next available 13......    

1 hour ago, Guy said:

In this day and age of virtually every football fan wanting relatively instant success (whilst conveniently forgetting that we were a League One side this time ten years ago!), then a 5th-7th place finish next May would be the expected bare minimum requirement now for a team like us for many delusional fans (albeit after the unprecedented Prem. title triumph of 2016) but reality suggests that with our 'par for the course' squad for a mid table mediocrity finish (despite retaining the services of Maguire for this season), then the chances are that this will not be accepted by a 50% cut of the fans and/or perhaps the owners too - if their heads remain firmly in the clouds after 2016's unbelievable act of God! Puel skating on this ice throughout the entire season it seems, sooner rather than later - especially if we don't get 9 points out of the next available 13......    

I really don’t subscribe to us having a mediocre squad and despite me always wanting to get behind Puel he makes bizarre decisions which often baffle the vast majority of fans.

The man has clearly got something about him and bringing young English players through is commendable but the above makes it difficult to fully back him.

Regarding the instant success comment, our fans have been very patient and at no stage have I heard a crowd fully turn against him but we want to see progress if we are committing to his long term vision and are we seeing that? I’m not so sure.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Easy story for our club. Players known for trying to get the manager sacked, fans that expect more league titles and champions league, owners sacking managers,etc.

I don't think even our most ardent optimistic fans think we are ever going to win the league again, we all know that was a one-off. But given the owner's ambitions and the players we already have, I think we need to think bigger than just mid-table, and for me, Puel is not capable of delivering that. All in all, we can debate the managerial position until the cows come home, but the owners will do what they think is best for the club. We really have no say in it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, l444ry said:

Seem to remember the days when it was reported that the Owners wanted European Football within five years. Would think that winning the Premiership ahead of target doesn't mean they'll suddenly settle for mid table mediocrity. Long may that continue.

"reported"... rather than reports you should probably focus on their own word, which in the summer they quite obviously realised that we're going through a transition period. Plus, if they want regular European football then they probably need to spend more, until then it's not happening.

13 hours ago, Ian S said:

Been pretty poor to be honest but not sure what point you are making

I think it's pretty obvious what point I'm making, the same people slating Puel for "under achieving" are the one who regularly slate the recruitment. If the recruitment has been poor, how on earth do you think we've got the best squad we've ever had? It's a squad filled with potential, but so many are still completely unproven in this league.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think it's pretty obvious what point I'm making, the same people slating Puel for "under achieving" are the one who regularly slate the recruitment. If the recruitment has been poor, how on earth do you think we've got the best squad we've ever had? It's a squad filled with potential, but so many are still completely unproven in this league.

I don't slate the recruitment.