Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Macia to Villa

12 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

No he wasn't. He was responsible for Sigurdson. Pickford, and Gueye. The rest were Koeman selections.

Koeman took over player recruitment when he joined and didn't get on with Walsh.

Siggy, Pickford and Gueye were fairly decent, by in large, no? We saying he failed because of Koeman? Is Walshy up to much now?

No he wasn't. He was responsible for Sigurdson. Pickford, and Gueye. The rest were Koeman selections.

Koeman took over player recruitment when he joined and didn't get on with Walsh.

Pickford was scouted/eyed up or what ever way you want to look at it by us. Shame we didnt get him really but only would have happened if Schmeichel went. Keane too. 

Im sure we had some sort of agreement that Everton couldn't touch 'our targets' for a good while when Walsh signed. 

And Lookman, Bolasie, Keane, Williams.... no coincidence he signed so many player we'd looked at and been linked with over the years. Sure Koeman had input and the board stuck their oar in as well (Rooney). But he picked plenty that didn't work out.

• Like 1

Since Macia's come in we've bought:

Ndidi

Maguire

Pereira 

Maddison

Soyuncu 

Dragovic

Evans 

Silva

Iborra 

Iheanacho 

Benkovic 

Ward 

Ghezzal 

I know a lot of the players above have been tracked by Walsh beforehand and that a lot of them still have a lot to prove, but that's still a decent record if you ask me. Especially if you compare our signings to our immediate rivals in the prem and the amount of money they've wasted. I hope we keep him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, abdul_fox said:

Since Macia's come in we've bought:

Ndidi

Maguire

Pereira 

Maddison

Soyuncu 

Dragovic

Evans 

Silva

Iborra 

Iheanacho 

Benkovic 

Ward 

Ghezzal 

I know a lot of the players above have been tracked by Walsh beforehand and that a lot of them still have a lot to prove, but that's still a decent record if you ask me. Especially if you compare our signings to our immediate rivals in the prem and the amount of money they've wasted. I hope we keep him.

From that list, I would expect him to have been heavily involved in 

ndidi

iborra

possibly benkovic and soyuncu

the uk purchases are unlikely to have his fingerprints on them and Pereira/ghezzal are clearly puels men. silva we were linked with before macia arrived. 

he should have good links on the continent but I haven't seen a lot of evidence that we have used them !!!

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

ndidi

iborra

the uk purchases are unlikely to have his fingerprints on them and Pereira/ghezzal are clearly puels men. silva we were linked with before macia arrived. 

he should have good links on the continent but I haven't seen a lot of evidence that we have used them !!!

He'll have his 'fingerprints' on every signing since he arrived. He's the guy that organises all of our scouts, retrieves scout reports, and then communicates them to the manager and DoF with recommendations. He's not only there to discover new talent.

Edited by Beechey

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

ndidi

iborra

We'd scouted Ndidi for the best part of eighteen months before Macia arrived if memory serves.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We just seem to be the media target at the moment probably due to our league win

They just won’t let go of the Puel rumours before that it was Maguire and Chilwell.

As soon as Benkovic and Soyuncu they’ll be the targets of rumours

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

We just seem to be the media target at the moment probably due to our league win

They just won’t let go of the Puel rumours before that it was Maguire and Chilwell.

As soon as Benkovic and Soyuncu they’ll be the targets of rumours

I can understand players but heads of recruitment ? Steve Walsh had a profile after kante and Mahrez but this fella ?  Seems very strange that so many clubs are linked with him  ...........

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can understand players but heads of recruitment ? Steve Walsh had a profile after kante and Mahrez but this fella ?  Seems very strange that so many clubs are linked with him  ...........

Suggesting it’s him playing some sort of game in my opinion 

31 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Rumours persist....

If he really is in such high demand we should probably nail him down to one of those long term contract things.

So he's turned down Man u and AC lol and villa and Bordeaux think they stand a chance lol lol

Such bollox from the press. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

So he's turned down Man u and AC lol and villa and Bordeaux think they stand a chance lol lol

Such bollox from the press. 

Exactly my thoughts. Move to fashion Capital of Italy to one of the better clubs in the world or wait go live in Birmingham to a Championship League club who 3 months ago couldnt afford to pay their tax bill.

Tough choice. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
added fashion cuz im a noob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Exactly my thoughts. Move to Capital of Italy to one of the better clubs in the world or wait go live in Birmingham to a Championship League club who 3 months ago couldnt afford to pay their tax bill.

Tough choice. 

Villa just don't understand that they are a second class operation and can't compete for the top professionals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Exactly my thoughts. Move to Capital of Italy to one of the better clubs in the world or wait go live in Birmingham to a Championship League club who 3 months ago couldnt afford to pay their tax bill.

Tough choice. 

Milan isn’t the capital of Italy btw.

37 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Very good point :P 

I knew that *cough* I was obviously talking about the fashion capital of Italy. 

Gucci sells well in Brum too....