Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

8 hours ago, deejdeej said:

Just been down to the ground, really choked me up,such an eerie silence about the place but heartwarming to see the city United again.

Sorry if this picture has been posted already but it's incredibly poignant.

FB_IMG_1540814336487.jpg

Now I understand a relevant meaning of "a picture paints a thousand words"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Would imagine they’d change it for that. Or have a mix.

Oh for sure. There's obviously going to be a Vichai tribute and remembrance stuff as well - but the point is the club is almost certainly planning something, and might not want a fan tifo if they're already working on something. We can always have a Union FS tifo at a later match as well, can always have more than 1 tribute.

2 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Oh for sure. There's obviously going to be a Vichai tribute and remembrance stuff as well - but the point is the club is almost certainly planning something, and might not want a fan tifo if they're already working on something. We can always have a Union FS tifo at a later match as well, can always have more than 1 tribute.

The poppies on white background around the stadium, then in the south stand a blue background with Vichai smiling in black and white. 

1 hour ago, Torquay Spur said:

I daresay there was some beef there but only in a sporting sense, and I'd be very surprised if there was any lingering bad feeling, even prior to this tragic event. 

Will DM you. Funilly enough I remember Leicester coming to play Torquay United pre season a few years ago (note to self: try nearly 20) with the league Cup. 

Yeah my relatives went to that game.

Been to plainmoor many a time but only time I've seen us play there was in the league cup few years back under Pearson.

Got the DM.?

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Don't like this sort of thing, if people are unhappy with him then let his bosses know through the correct channels. Just begging for people to lose their job, no matter how much of a tit they've been doesn't sit right. 

I agree; I wouldn’t want him to lose his job or anything but some sort of reprimand might make him think twice. 

33 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

On the subject of Roan getting the bullet, i’d much rather the scumbag who leaked the cctv got their P45.

I agree. Maybe I'm being over-sensitive but I don't see what anyone has to gain from seeing that. I'm sure others will disagree but I don't see that as being in the public interest, it's just there as click bait and to feed people's morbid curiosity. To think someone has paid and someone else has probably received a lot of money for the footage makes it infinitely worse imho.

More to the point, I just think it's disrespectful. Vichai and the other passengers have lost their lives and that's all that matters. What valid reason does anyone have for wanting to see how it happened?

I guess it's each to their own but seeing how somone met their death is not for me and that goes for footage of anyone's death, not just Vichai's. I'm going to sound like an old man here (I'm mid 30s) but when did it become okay for newspapers and websites to publish these videos? It just seems to be somehow acceptable now.

Edit* Apologies for the ranty, slightly preachy tone here. Not usually my style. It's just people making profit from misery makes so angry.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I agree. Maybe I'm being over-sensitive but I don't see what anyone has to gain from seeing that. I'm sure others will disagree but I don't see that as being in the public interest, it's just there as click bait and to feed people's morbid curiosity. To think someone has paid and someone else has probably received a lot of money for the footage makes it infinitely worse imho.

More to the point, I just think it's disrespectful. Vichai and the other passengers have lost their lives and that's all that matters. What valid reason does anyone have for wanting to see how it happened?

I guess it's each to their own but seeing how somone met their death is not for me and that goes for footage of anyone's death, not just Vichai's. I'm going to sound like an old man here (I'm mid 30s) but when did it become okay for newspapers and websites to publish these videos? It just seems to be somehow acceptable now.

Edit* Apologies for the ranty, slightly preachy tone here. Not usually my style. It's just people making profit from misery makes so angry.

Without wishing to excuse this 'cash for travesty' culture that seems wholly acceptable now, I suspect it offers some weird form of closure for some - the acceptance that nothing could be done. As weird as that sounds. 

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

Yeah, lets drop the Dan Roan shit. I feel bad for being the first to bring it up, feel like it has ended up derailing threads which should be about commemorating those who have died, not an obnoxious journalist.

Don't feel bad for that, we are all in turmoil, and I would rather know about such things. It is only a problem if we do (as you say) get seriously side-tracked, and I just don't think it is going to happen, at least not for very long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1