Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

33 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Their problem not ours ...   there are some sad little people about ...   best to steer clear of other forums.

I had a look at the Liverpool forum and their thread about this.

Absolute class and nothing but sympathy for us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, deejdeej said:

Just been down to the ground, really choked me up,such an eerie silence about the place but heartwarming to see the city United again.

Sorry if this picture has been posted already but it's incredibly poignant.

FB_IMG_1540814336487.jpg

That picture is so sad and so good at the same time.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I had a look at the Liverpool forum and their thread about this.

Absolute class and nothing but sympathy for us.

As most probably will be Muzzett ..  but if you spot just one unpleasant remark it does unfortunately leave an awful taste in your mouth ..

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We’ve also had some lovely messages of support from West Ham fans on here since Saturday night tbf

I live down south and have a few Hammers friends who’ve been hugely sympathetic and good as gold.

Every club has its fair share of nobs sadly, us included.

You’re right of course ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

It makes me sick that some people that call themselves fans of West Ham United are taking the piss on West Ham forums.

No fcuking respect, scum of the earth.

The waves of support we have had from rival fans has been nothing short of magnificent,  I have found it genuinely touching and I am so grateful for each one.

Dion't stop to worry about the occasional oaf, just walk on by and focus on the bigger picture.  The support from the wider football family has been first class.

• Like 3

OLIVER MOONEY
Email
Published: 15:08
Monday 29 October 2018

Sunday confirmed our worst fears, and the city of Leicester and the wider footballing community had to come to terms with an unspeakable loss.

The helicopter crash outside the King Power Stadium on Saturday not only robbed families of loved ones, but also reminded us that there really are so many more important things in life than a game of football.

As a known generous donor to local causes and the architect of Leicester City’s fairy tale Premier League triumph, chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha quickly became one of the most loved figures in Leicester.

When superfan Leigh Herbert describes that tragic day as the worst the club has ever experienced, it becomes clear just how adored and respected the Thai billionaire really was, and still is.

Chesterfield FC Community Trust pays tribute after horror helicopter crash

Wealthy men often come across negative labels, but Srivaddhanaprabha was a man who connected with the Leicester community and, in his own small ways, made it a better place since he purchased the club in 2010.

Clearing the club’s debts and donating millions to the city’s Royal Infirmary hospital, university and new children’s hospital were just a few of his contributions to a city he warmed to so quickly.

When it comes to keeping football fans happy, perhaps it’s the little things which mean the most, and there was no shortage of this at the King Power Stadium.

There was free away travel, scarves, flags, food… And even free booze. For the Premier League-winning squad, the bonuses included a brand-new £100,000 supercar each.

Evident in the thousands of emotional tributes paid by Foxes supporters, it is clear that Srivaddhanaprabha’s gestures – both big and small – have had an incredible impact on the Leicester community.

I’m sure that many Town supporters – possibly too many – have looked at the Leicester chairman’s dedication and thought that there is a lot for Chesterfield to learn from such a generous and kind-hearted man.

Now, we’re not talking brand-new supercars for the players or multimillion-pound donations to local causes, but there are so many of the very smallest of gestures which have been absent and have contributed to disconnection between club and fans, and that includes simply talking.

For all those long journeys the Spireites faithful have made over the past few years to see completely unacceptable performances, there has been little done by the club to show their appreciation for such ongoing loyalty.

High season ticket prices and numerous moments of scandal and controversy have felt like a slap in the face, and too many opportunities to make amends have been missed.

Above all, supporters want to be appreciated for their loyalty and treated fairly with respect for their hard-earned cash. On too many occasions, it has felt as if this were not the case.

Town fans are not asking for a billionaire with millions to splash; they are asking for a club which they can be proud of again.

If I could offer Chesterfield Football Club one piece of advice, it would be to take note from Mr Srivaddhanaprabha and look at how he changed a community for the better.

My thoughts and deepest condolences go out to the families of all those who lost their lives, and I know that the memory of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha will live on forever in a city which has nothing but love for such a generous human being.

It is a dark and terrible time for football, and football will mourn together with Leicester.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We’ve also had some lovely messages of support from West Ham fans on here since Saturday night tbf

I live down south and have a few Hammers friends who’ve been hugely sympathetic and good as gold.

Every club has its fair share of nobs sadly, us included.

Absolutely I remember some horrible chants from the kop back at filbert street in the 90s aimed at Chelsea fans when they had lost Matthew Harding in similar circumstances. Don't judge a fan base by a small few!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thought the fire started after it landed? 

On the CCTV you can see the flash / fire and smoke coming from the back. Obviously it's night vision so you can see the fire as just white light on the back of the tail. Whether that caused the main fire after landing, or that sparked separately I don't know.

Edited by Babylon

1 minute ago, Bert said:

They were still alive on impact. The explosion on the ground was what was fatal. 

Makes you wonder if they landed upside down or upright if they could have gotten to the door.  The fact that it landed on it's side made it difficult to get out because the only exit they would have had would be through the door above them.

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

They were still alive on impact. The explosion on the ground was what was fatal. 

I thought this as well when seeing a video on Mirror (?) website about the policemen running to the helicopter. I vaguely heard on the video the policeman shouting from the helicopter either 'there's five' or 'they're still alive'. Couldn't quite work it out but would make sense with what the policeman reportedly said about trying to get them open but pilot inside telling him to get away, knowing it would be about to explode.

:(

• Sad 3