Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

4 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Just a quick practical question for visiting the KP - is there any parking at the stadium - i.e. the usual fanstore car park? I don't mind walking but I have a feeling the Mother in law will want to come and she can't walk far?

I went last night and just parked in the kerb outside the stadium. Lots of other cars were doing the same. 

2 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

I went last night and just parked in the kerb outside the stadium. Lots of other cars were doing the same. 

cheers mate. I'm not going to make it tonight now (other commitments) but I want to get down later in the week. Friday afternoon is a possibility I hope

5 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Made my stomach turn over.

The helicopter spins so many times, Its all very very quick.

Just hope the cause can be found, has to be mechanical as it seems fine on the way up.

Really hope it’s mechanical but struggling to see or hear anything wrong as it goes up (not that I’m an expert on helicopters)... just hope it’s nothing more sinister or upsetting.

44 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Is the puff of smoke at the start normal?, its a hard watch

It may be unburned fuel prior to ignition, possibly a cold temperature issue.

The video has been shortened I assume to cut out the time he was doing his run up and pre-flight checks.

That's the time when they check the engine and also flight controls.

1 hour ago, Kopic said:

Really think this stuff should be kept off the forum.

But I will say, someone working at the stadium filmed that, and sent it to the sun, that is ****ing disgusting. Im glad it wasn't anyone I knew who was there at the time.

Went to the highest bidder apparently. He’ll be out of a job

23 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

My daughter has gone to the ground after work and said the Southampton coaches have turned up to pay their respects, big respect for that lads and lasses

That's a very, very respectful thing to do. We'll played Southampton FC. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Went to the highest bidder apparently. He’ll be out of a job

I just don't understand why they'd do it. You've just filmed and witnessed the potential death of 5 people, why send it to the papers? It's even more disgusting that they worked at the ground, so in theory filmed their bosses death.

I'm sorry, but I feel that The Sun and the person who sold the footage doesn't have a heart! I find it completely unacceptable that this has been released. Totally insensitive for it to be released to the public. This should have been sent to the crash investigation team and no one else. 

I'm not having a go at people who have chosen to watch it after it's been released, but a little common sense should have been used by the paper!!! 

I personally won't watch it, but that just how I feel. I think what has happened has tragically happened and let the experts deal with it. I don't want and I can't imagine the family do, constantly reminded of what happened. 

Rant over. 

Edited by fox_favourite

I read on another site yesterday that someone saw the helicopter landing and said it wasn’t as comfortable as nornal and was like one of the new screens was pulling the helicopter towards it. I’ve just watched the sun video and it’s happening on take off, is that normal?

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I just don't understand why they'd do it. You've just filmed and witnessed the potential death of 5 people, why send it to the papers? It's even more disgusting that they worked at the ground, so in theory filmed their bosses death.

Yes you've got to be a special kind of cvnt. Having inadvertently filmed it the footage should have been immediately turned over to the police. Equally disgusting that the Sun paid for it, whilst then lording themselves as being the heroes for passing the footage on to the police.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I read on another site yesterday that someone saw the helicopter landing and said it wasn’t as comfortable as nornal and was like one of the new screens was pulling the helicopter towards it. I’ve just watched the sun video and it’s happening on take off, is that normal?

It usually backs out rather than going forwards... if that explains it.

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Some people are scum.

This person clearly is. 

I hope they are out of a job first thing tomorrow. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

My daughter has gone to the ground after work and said the Southampton coaches have turned up to pay their respects, big respect for that lads and lasses

Wow really very touching 

...kind of restores your faith in humanity 

Big respect for all who who travelled up.

• Like 1

I was at the game on Saturday. After the game I went to the blues pub in the Holiday Inn. Went outside to as soon as I heard.

I am completely gutted as it has not yet sunk in.

Went to work today with my Leicester top on (which inst normally allowed but no one said anything).

All my work colleagues sympathize and asking if i am OK. Nottingham Forest, Birmingham and Derby fans asking if I am OK. 

The video should not be out in the public. hand it over to the experts and investigators.

Edited by ramaiya2

22 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Yes you've got to be a special kind of cvnt. Having inadvertently filmed it the footage should have been immediately turned over to the police. Equally disgusting that the Sun paid for it, whilst then lording themselves as being the heroes for passing the footage on to the police.

Exactly, immediately given to the police or the AAIB, not sold to the press. I know they need to sell papers, but releasing footage of people's death 2 days later is disgraceful.

Wouldn't surprise me if the club banned them in the near future, depending on if they're aware they've posted it up

• Like 1