Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finley Parsons

Helicopter crash

14 hours ago, Torquay Spur said:

Hi all, wish I didn't need to do this. 

Hadn't noticed anything from Spurs and felt someone on our behalf should offer support and condolences too. Football has pretty much turned me off in recent years because of the monpoloisation of the Premier League in great part, but there will always be a little "what if?" because of what Leicester City did in 2016, which as we all know was so ably assisted by Vichai and his family. What made his contribution different from the new type of football ownership that has, in my opinion, ruined the game was the contribution he made elsewhere, particularly funding hospitals and investing in the local community. It is well recognised that Thai people are people of honour and endeavour and he epitomised this. 

Strangely, surreally, we found ourselves on the wrong end of your title challenge in 2016, and what an incredible few months that was- I'm sure there were some bad losers on our part but I for one bore you no malice, and recognised the (IMO) greatest sporting achievement of all time. It irks me when we are mocked for "blew our big chance, missing out to Leicester" that year - we went at it like a train and there was no stopping you! 

Alas, I guess in years to come, looking back on that year will now always have a pang of pain but let's ensure that we still allow ourselves to smile at what was achieved. Death in whatever form, is sadly inevitable, the best any of us can do is to try and leave some kind of positive legacy. Vichai and his team (I regret I am not familiar with the two members of his team who died with him but I include them in this) are among those great human beings who achieved that amazing goal (on and off the pitch) which will be eternal, and this should bring great comfort. 

Finally, as already stated elsewhere, great respect to the crew members who died and showed such bravery to avert greater catastrophe. I hope you are rewarded on the other side. 

RIP to all concerned, and wishing you all great strength through this testing time. I look forward to the time when rivalries recommence in earnest, in the knowledge that Vichai would not want that to stop, but that it will be done in a respectful manner by every team across the country, save for the usual 90 minutes of outrageous, primal partisan behaviour we all commit to ?

Things won't be quite the same again, but there will be more good times ahead, and there will be after we are all gone. The great thing is with Vichai and his team is that his influence will exceed his time physically at the club, and very few of us will achieve that. 

All the best, 

TS

Your kind words mean a lot right now, although it is just one of many brilliant messages, from across the football family, at this hugely difficult time.

Thank you for taking the time, you are a credit to your great club.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Torquay Spur said:

Hi all, wish I didn't need to do this. 

Hadn't noticed anything from Spurs and felt someone on our behalf should offer support and condolences too. Football has pretty much turned me off in recent years because of the monpoloisation of the Premier League in great part, but there will always be a little "what if?" because of what Leicester City did in 2016, which as we all know was so ably assisted by Vichai and his family. What made his contribution different from the new type of football ownership that has, in my opinion, ruined the game was the contribution he made elsewhere, particularly funding hospitals and investing in the local community. It is well recognised that Thai people are people of honour and endeavour and he epitomised this. 

Strangely, surreally, we found ourselves on the wrong end of your title challenge in 2016, and what an incredible few months that was- I'm sure there were some bad losers on our part but I for one bore you no malice, and recognised the (IMO) greatest sporting achievement of all time. It irks me when we are mocked for "blew our big chance, missing out to Leicester" that year - we went at it like a train and there was no stopping you! 

Alas, I guess in years to come, looking back on that year will now always have a pang of pain but let's ensure that we still allow ourselves to smile at what was achieved. Death in whatever form, is sadly inevitable, the best any of us can do is to try and leave some kind of positive legacy. Vichai and his team (I regret I am not familiar with the two members of his team who died with him but I include them in this) are among those great human beings who achieved that amazing goal (on and off the pitch) which will be eternal, and this should bring great comfort. 

Finally, as already stated elsewhere, great respect to the crew members who died and showed such bravery to avert greater catastrophe. I hope you are rewarded on the other side. 

RIP to all concerned, and wishing you all great strength through this testing time. I look forward to the time when rivalries recommence in earnest, in the knowledge that Vichai would not want that to stop, but that it will be done in a respectful manner by every team across the country, save for the usual 90 minutes of outrageous, primal partisan behaviour we all commit to ?

Things won't be quite the same again, but there will be more good times ahead, and there will be after we are all gone. The great thing is with Vichai and his team is that his influence will exceed his time physically at the club, and very few of us will achieve that. 

All the best, 

TS

Thanks for your kind words.

I always felt spurs fans in general hated the fact we ruined their shot at the title and we all got caught up in a war of words, banter etc.

That now seems a little petty.

But as someone who has relatives in Torquay. Hence the user name (it was my familes boat). Next time I am down if you fancy a pint and a chat about football. Then drop me a DM always happy to have a chat with a fellow football fan.

Statement from Cardiff Owner

The following statement has been issued by Tan Sri Vincent Tan following Saturday’s tragic helicopter crash in Leicester.

“It is hard to find words at this time to express how deeply shocked and saddened I am by Saturday’s tragedy. My thoughts, prayers and condolences are with the family of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and the families of all those who lost their lives. 

“Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was a man I knew personally: an honest and caring man of virtue and integrity. I considered him a friend and somebody for whom I had the utmost respect and admiration.

“Such tragedies put the game of football into perspective. But it is our common bond that will now unite the football family in a time of such grief and adversity. 

“We will all stand in support alongside our brothers and sisters in Leicester.”

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

An extended memorial area of some kind around the crash site should be considered imo.

To replace the thoughts of seeing the land empty and people remembering where the incident occurred.

No one will be allowed anywhere near it while the investigation is being done, but yeah definitely after that. From what I can see it isn't actually in the car park and went over the fence. I don't think that specific land is the clubs property is it?

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

No one will be allowed anywhere near it while the investigation is being done, but yeah definitely after that. From what I can see it isn't actually in the car park and went over the fence. I don't think that specific land is the clubs property is it?

I think it is owned by the Club,its part of that Car Park on the waste ground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Thanks for your kind words.

I always felt spurs fans in general hated the fact we ruined their shot at the title and we all got caught up in a war of words, banter etc.

That now seems a little petty.

But as someone who has relatives in Torquay. Hence the user name (it was my familes boat). Next time I am down if you fancy a pint and a chat about football. Then drop me a DM always happy to have a chat with a fellow football fan.

I daresay there was some beef there but only in a sporting sense, and I'd be very surprised if there was any lingering bad feeling, even prior to this tragic event. 

Will DM you. Funilly enough I remember Leicester coming to play Torquay United pre season a few years ago (note to self: try nearly 20) with the league Cup. 

• Like 1