Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Brais Mendez

The lad’s barely played any games, I’d hope we aren’t spending that sort of money on him. Normally I detest the “we nud prooven playurs” idea but we need a player in their prime ready to make an immediate impact, another 21 year old player that can play anywhere behind the striker doesn’t offer much we don’t already have.

I’m probably giving too much credence to the rumour but if it’s true what does he offer that Barnes doesn’t? 

Lozano is more the kind of player we should be looking at (I’d imagine we have) but I’m not sure how realistic that is 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

We planning on just not playing any strikers long term or what?

Depends how you define a striker. Aguero is not your typical English PL league striker.

Perhaps Puel's intention is to move to a front 3 after all Gray and Ghezzal have been tried up front and Albrighton has been relegated to the bench a few times and Vardy is finding it difficult to fit in.

He has played the majority of his games as a right winger this year.

ML

Position Apps Goals Assists Rating
MR (Midfielder Right) 4 2 1 7.81
AMR (Attacking Midfielder Right) 2 1 1 7.56
Sub (Substitute) 2 0 0 6.36
ML (Midfielder Left) 1 0 0 6.77

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Depends how you define a striker. Aguero is not your typical English PL league striker.

Perhaps Puel's intention is to move to a front 3 after all Gray and Ghezzal have been tried up front and Albrighton has been relegated to the bench a few times and Vardy is finding it difficult to fit in.

Um... When? 

1 hour ago, Hanan96 said:

Um... When? 

Well more centrally I suppose. But by up front I meant like a front 3 behind Vardy which the way we play is essentially 3 up front as Vardy rarely gets a touch.

Seem to be collecting midfielders. If we can get rid of Silva , Iborra and King and recoup a bit of money on them perhaps. Top will be looking to improve his squad perhaps but not just fritter yet more money away on collecting precious exotic shiny things. As many say, another striker is required as more of an immediate priority because Iheanacho doesn't cut the mustard. 

Maybe Puel doesn't see the need for out-and-out strikers. I think he prefers his players to be more roundly skilled, more multifaceted. Strikes me too that he wants his attacking players to roam across the pitch, so they're not classic wingers nor no. 10s but can all play those roles as required during a game. I think that's why we see the positional interchange behind Vardy. 

I reckon Vardy's having to change his game and that's why he's not as effective as previously. We're not shaping for him these days and neither are we looking to in the future. He'll be phased out unless he can adapt, and maybe that's the end of us having a nominated striker.