Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haywood_6

Brais Mendez

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think he'd be Maddison's replacement, but another option who could be used there. I think like Ghezzal he is the sort of player that could end up in the 10 slot occasionally, or we might rotate players around during the games. For example at least 3 or 4 times a game we swap over our wingers, so we might do that with our 10's. But it seems like this guy spends most of his time out on the right hand side, so if anything more of a Mahrez replacement, even though he doesn't dribble as much.

I have to say that Ghezall against Burnley in the first half playing as the 10 was really, really good. Unlucky not to score and IMO actually way more creative than Maddison has been. But then in the second half he gave it away a lot. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that this player has been identified as competiton for his place.

Strider, what do you think of MY post?

10 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The difference between signing him to our other recent flops is his age. Excluding Kaputska because Mendez is already playing in a top division. 

At 21 even if it takes him 3 years to get used to the english game we still wouldnt even have him at his prime.  22 m for a 21 year old Spain capped midfielder sounds like a steal! 

In fairness even Kapustka was probably worth the risk at about £2mil. That's nothing nowadays and there was a possibility he'd go on to be good.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

In fairness even Kapustka was probably worth the risk at about £2mil. That's nothing nowadays and there was a possibility he'd go on to be good.

I thought it was more like 7mil? 

If if it was 2 then you’re right, definitely worth the punt. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Brais Mendez with a goal and two assists at the weekend, wonder if we'll activate the release clause.

This is one where buying in January changes nothing (providing he's open to leaving). It's going to take activating his release clause to pry him away from Celta Vigo, so if we can, we might as well do it in January in my view.

Edited by Beechey

If you assume Ricardo is now a right back, we have Gray, Albrighton, Ghezzal and Diabate on the wing. Could do with another though since none of those really light the league on fire. Barnes will be here next season but it would be risky to assume he'll adapt as well as Maddison.

12 hours ago, Foxxed said:

If you assume Ricardo is now a right back, we have Gray, Albrighton, Ghezzal and Diabate on the wing. Could do with another though since none of those really light the league on fire. Barnes will be here next season but it would be risky to assume he'll adapt as well as Maddison.

Def could do with. Until further notice, tough to take Ghezzal and Diabate too seriously. Tho wouldn't surprise me to see both come good in the end, esp Diabate, who looked like he added something important at tines last season, esp in terms of breaking down a loaded box. Hopefully Claude gets him playing with more consistency sooner rather than later. Ghezzal I suspect will be in the rotation to play more this season, but seems more a talent for next season, just too inconsistent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Having read the wyscout report on Brais on sky sports, it seems to me he’s the best realistic option we have that could replace the role Mahrez played for us.

really hope we make a move for him especially since he has a release clause of €25m.

Agreed I’d really like him here, can’t see it happening though, especially not this window, we don’t seem to be looking at his position at all - more focussed on CM and Striker. Hope I’m wrong or atleast nobody gets him before the window shuts and we go in for him in the summer 

8 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Agreed I’d really like him here, can’t see it happening though, especially not this window, we don’t seem to be looking at his position at all - more focussed on CM and Striker. Hope I’m wrong or atleast nobody gets him before the window shuts and we go in for him in the summer 

Personally think we should invest in this window. Give them 6 months to gel & get use to the set up here considering we don’t really have a lot to play for.

Che Adams, Lobotka & Mendez would be a very very good window.

7 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Puel has always said since December that we won’t be buying in this window..

Half way through it and not even a link to anyone..

It’s obvious we need to buy in 2 positions CM and ST.

Puel has said this week important we can get 7th and EL in hope of keeping players like Chilwell and Maguire yet his disinterest in the window alongside his team set up and not playing  like 7th is important is plain to see

52 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Puel has always said since December that we won’t be buying in this window..

Half way through it and not even a link to anyone..

It’s obvious we need to buy in 2 positions CM and ST.

Puel has said this week important we can get 7th and EL in hope of keeping players like Chilwell and Maguire yet his disinterest in the window alongside his team set up and not playing  like 7th is important is plain to see

Do you think a decision like this is likely to Puels in its entirety? Is he being handed a £100m and sticking it in a high interest savings account for his successor?

Or is it pretty obvious the club is focusing on infrastructure over the next few years and is happy for the team to just tick over until done?

• Thanks 3

On 27/11/2018 at 14:24, Lambert09 said:

The difference between signing him to our other recent flops is his age. Excluding Kaputska because Mendez is already playing in a top division. 

At 21 even if it takes him 3 years to get used to the english game we still wouldnt even have him at his prime.  22 m for a 21 year old Spain capped midfielder sounds like a steal! 

Because this forum will demonstrate the patience to let him flourish... said no one, ever.