Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Danny Simpson - Fulham

4 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Doesn't make sense for him to go at the moment. He's come back into the fold, he's very professional in that position, no attacking threat, but is needed as cover. 

If if he goes on a free in the summer, he's more than paid his way over the last four years and deserves a final decent payday.

Albrighton is wasted when playing fullback and also struggles positionally. 

Good summary of the situation with DS

As good as Pereira is, if he's our first choice, someone like Simpson is perfect as a back up option to either complement him like he did on Boxing Day or replace him when we're hanging on to games. 

If he's happy with that and not pushing for first team football, there's no way I'd get rid of him. 

• Like 2

I don't think we should block Simpson from moving on providing we are confident of being able to fill the RB slot. It would be wrong to stop him from moving to another club where he is likely to play regularly given his age. Being out of contract next summer is also a worry I'm sure he would sooner avoid. Danny did the job we needed when we bought him but he's mainly served his purpose for us now. 

I would let the guy go in all honesty as he seems the sort who wants to play and not just sit on the side lines. If Claudio does come in then it would be fair to let go at the earliest opportunity. 

Amartey will be back in the new year and as cover I think Johnson could cover if required. 

We need to get some of these players off our books. 

Edited by Gazza M
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Would be a worry as we're going to leave ourselves threadbare against like we did the second half of last season.

Unless Poo-el thinks Darnell Johnson (England U 20) or Alex Pascanu (Full Romanian international) can give Right back cover for the First team.

Edited by bald reynard

3 hours ago, bald reynard said:

Unless Poo-el thinks Darnell Johnson (England U 20) or Alex Pascanu (Full Romanian international) can give Right back cover for the First team.

Despite your immature childishness, I do indeed wonder whether either Johnson or Pascanu will be given an opportunity at least on the bench. whilst it's a danger if forced to put them in team due to suspensions or injury, maybe with Albrighton to step where necessary for an experienced head, then this could another great opportunity for another u23 to step up.

12 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Despite your immature childishness, I do indeed wonder whether either Johnson or Pascanu will be given an opportunity at least on the bench. whilst it's a danger if forced to put them in team due to suspensions or injury, maybe with Albrighton to step where necessary for an experienced head, then this could another great opportunity for another u23 to step up.

Johnson and Pascanu are both natural CBs

13 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I suspect Josh Knight is ahead of them both and he has been nowhere near the first team squad in the PL this season, so highly doubtful.

On 16/01/2019 at 08:37, Suzie the Fox said:

Unless i dreamt it, i could have sworn i read somewhere his habilitation has gone well and should be due back in February. 

However well it has gone, I would have thought you can’t assume a player will just come back and be able to regain full fitness during the same season  .......

U feel sorry for him in a way, He hasn't let anyone down yet finds himself back up at best. He doesn't want to leave here yet he's being eased out.

Given his age and opportunities a new 4 year contract elsewhere would be in his own best interests.

He never let us down and I never felt worried with him at RB.

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

U feel sorry for him in a way, He hasn't let anyone down yet finds himself back up at best. He doesn't want to leave here yet he's being eased out.

Given his age and opportunities a new 4 year contract elsewhere would be in his own best interests.

He never let us down and I never felt worried with him at RB.

He's lucky to be back up at best. I'd say there's more to his summer antics than can be revealed.

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

He's lucky to be back up at best. I'd say there's more to his summer antics than can be revealed.

I was speaking in football terms. 

You're obviously privy to some inside information that I haven't heard which might explain his treatment.

As long as Amartey isn't back to full fitness, I'd keep him.

Having said that, he surely must be on quite the wedge still from the title-winning days.

I'd rather we kept Johnson instead of sending him out on loan in case of Simpson leaving.

• Like 1