Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Danny Simpson - Fulham

I thought Amartey wasn't due back for a couple of months yet? If so, there'd be a slight risk in letting Simpson go, but only a slight one - and we could always bring in a young back-up, as @MPH suggests.

Being one injury to Ricardo away from having Albrighton at right back is a slight concern....but we've spent the season one injury to Vardy away from having Iheanacho, Gray or Okazaki up front - a bigger concern.

Could be a good signing for Fulham, too, if it's not just media bullshit. The one thing Simpson can do well is to defend - precisely what Fulham need (haven't kept a clean sheet all season, I think?).

He'd probably earn them a number of points just with his last-gasp clearances at the back post. A solid defensive PL right back who's still looked good enough when he's played this season....if you don't ask him to play attacking possession football.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Amazing how many 'snakes' are being linked to reuniting with Claudio.

I remember Claudio himself saying in an interview he doesn't think for a second they purposely tried to get him sacked, right?

I never got the snake comments, myself.

• Like 3

He's clearly not in future plans, And at 31 probably only has one contract left in him at this level so time to let him go. Even though I thought he was our best player on Tuesday against Man city. We really don't need him for cover either we have plenty of options.

We need to reduce the squad and bring in more quality.

Would provide them with stability on that defensive side.

Probably would appeal to him, despite their current position - back to London, more likely to have regular playing opportunities etc.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

7 hours ago, Beechey said:

I remember Claudio himself saying in an interview he doesn't think for a second they purposely tried to get him sacked, right?

I never got the snake comments, myself.

I agree although Claudio seems such a nice guy that he probably wouldn’t say if they had

Doesn't make sense for him to go at the moment. He's come back into the fold, he's very professional in that position, no attacking threat, but is needed as cover. 

If if he goes on a free in the summer, he's more than paid his way over the last four years and deserves a final decent payday.

Albrighton is wasted when playing fullback and also struggles positionally. 

• Like 1