Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Cardiff Pre Match

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

We beat these guys away after an insanely difficult week, with players like Kasper openly admitting they were shaking before the match began, and our confidence is really high following two massive wins. I think we can feel pretty good about this match... 

I wouldn’t switch too much, but maybe bring in Ghezzal for Albrighton, Nacho for Vardy, Iborra in CM and Fuchs for Chilwell. We really are going to need fresh legs for Everton, after all.

"I wouldn't change much", changes over a third of the side!:claude:

Feels like people think this one is mailed on, we just need to turn up. We need to keep some consistency, I get that a bit of rotation and rest may be desirable but we should be looking at 1-2 changes max. We've had too much rotation so far this season and imo that's one of the main reasons we've not got 6-7 more points on the board than we currently have.

2 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

"I wouldn't change much", changes over a third of the side!:claude:

Feels like people think this one is mailed on, we just need to turn up. We need to keep some consistency, I get that a bit of rotation and rest may be desirable but we should be looking at 1-2 changes max. We've had too much rotation so far this season and imo that's one of the main reasons we've not got 6-7 more points on the board than we currently have.

Haha! I did think that as my list continued to grow. Bit scared now to say that on consideration I might rest Morgan and bring in Evans..! 

I do see your point. Ideally I would want Vardy to play but looking at how he was limping after the match I don’t think that’s realistic. 

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Haha! I did think that as my list continued to grow. Bit scared now to say that on consideration I might rest Morgan and bring in Evans..! 

I do see your point. Ideally I would want Vardy to play but looking at how he was limping after the match I don’t think that’s realistic. 

I would consider swapping one of the cm's out for a more offensive option, and rest Vardy if he's struggling but that's it. I'm actually not opposed to keeping exactly the same lineup, some suggestions it would be too defensive to go with against Cardiff, which I can understand, but then it depends what instructions they're given, there were certainly times against Man city when Choudhury and wilf were getting into the box in support.

43 minutes ago, lanefox said:

As most have pointed out puel will get backlash for making changes but he needs to here to give players a rest and to be fit and firing for everton

After Everton they can have ten days off ....... I wonder if he will let them all go again but tell them not to go full tilt.  I would make a lot of changes.... I thought we looked absolutely spent last ten on Wednesday  - Ghezzal behind Kelechi with gray and Ricardo wide. Iborra and mendy holding pair and Fuchs and Simpson full backs. Fuchs with a license to get forward a lot with the holding two covering left more ..... releasing gray to come inside onto his right foot without worrying too much . 

could go badly wrong but we need to avoid defeat at Everton if our prem league finishing position is important to us .....

4 minutes ago, shailen_patel4 said:

Has the game completely sold out tomorrow as it doesn't allow me to pick the family stand

I've had this problem a few times, once it's gone to general sale the family stand ( & L 1) , won't allow you  to pick tickets . This only seems to happen if the away support as sold their allocation ( which Cardiff have).  I presume this is to prevent away fans buying tickets in these areas, which are adjacent to the away blocks. If the away allocation isn't sold out it seems to let you buy them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxinsox said:

I am not entirely convinced that Cardiff will park the bus. They need to start winning games. 

A little squad rotation to give a bit of rest to Vardy, Ndidi, possibly also Maguire, Albrighton. 

Kasper

Ricardo Morgan Evans Chilwell 

Choudhary Iborra

Gezzal Maddison Gray

Nacho

Set pieces will be key, so want Iborra on the pitch

I'd like to see this team. Especially Hamza beside Vince in the middle. Should be more than enought to win against Cardiff. I'd only swap Albrighton for Gray. If Ian doesn't turn up in the first half, then Shinji on ASAP 

10 minutes ago, TOMMYG said:

I've had this problem a few times, once it's gone to general sale the family stand ( & L 1) , won't allow you  to pick tickets . This only seems to happen if the away support as sold their allocation ( which Cardiff have).  I presume this is to prevent away fans buying tickets in these areas, which are adjacent to the away blocks. If the away allocation isn't sold out it seems to let you buy them.

cheers it's weird as even when i logged into my membership account it still didn't allow me

On 27/12/2018 at 00:38, yks said:

Some players have played 3 * 90 minutes in 8 days, there will be, I think, a heavy rotation.

I think Iborra, Gray and Soyuncu/Evans will start the game, maybe even Ghezzal, Iheanacho, Simpson, Fuchs and people will be mad at Puel for that.
We might also "go back" to 4-2-3-1 (even if we played in that system for more than one hour today) and people will be mad at Puel for that.
I also think we'll struggle against a team sitting back for 90 minutes and might not win and people will be mad at Puel for that.

Or maybe we will crush them with the exact same team as today with 3 defensive CM and people will be mad at Puel for that because he didn't align this team before. (even from people thinking we shouldn't have played with two CM as defensive as Ndidi and Mendy before...)

Anyway, I'm not sure about anything except one thing.

I'm not the biggest fan of his 4-2-3-1 but I will only be mad if Napuelon serves us the same load of merde he did against Palace and Fulham ;) 

Will be a tough game this, don’t underestimate these.

whether it’s Cardiff or by we need to make sure the KP is rocking like Wednesday was, it was one of the best atmospheres for years. 

We are in a very strong position right now and need to ensure that the players know we appreciate their efforts right now. 

COYB :claude:

• Like 2

This will be a test, can we break down Cardiff.

It's far easier to play counter attacking footy against a team that pushes onto you, Cardiff will not do that, finding space and have players battle against us will be a challenge.

Puel has shown good tactics for us against better teams, let's see what he can do tomorrow

1 hour ago, shailen_patel4 said:

cheers it's weird as even when i logged into my membership account it still didn't allow me

It's something i've tried to 4 or 5 times & will only let you buy them ( once general sale is open) if the away fans haven't sold out, for instance the Southampton game, which is now on general sale, will let you buy tickets for the family stand, i'm presuming this is because Southampton haven't sold their allocation, so there's no chance their fans attempting to purchase tickets on-line for the family stand or L1.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2018 at 12:29, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Unless certain lads are genuinely knackered I'd go all out for this 3 point banker. The Everton one is the tricky fixture so take 9 from 12 and be overjoyed if we force a draw at Goodison with a few rotations.

Although with Everton being effectively a 6 pointer, if we had to choose one to win it would surely be Everton 

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

This will be a test, can we break down Cardiff.

It's far easier to play counter attacking footy against a team that pushes onto you, Cardiff will not do that, finding space and have players battle against us will be a challenge.

Puel has shown good tactics for us against better teams, let's see what he can do tomorrow

All about tempo when teams sit back. Puel has preferred to keep the ball rather than get at the opposition quickly on transition. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Edited by l444ry

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Puel Out crew prepping for their post-match moans already. 

Cardiff would be most flattered to know they're now a bigger test than Man City & Chelsea. 

:rolleyes:

He does need to beat deep-seated teams. He's done brilliantly with those that press. He's done half the job, and we're seventh.

And he is working on the second half. He's made us more technical, happier on the ball and is trying to expand Ndid's game.

If we can manage the other half tomorrow it'll truly be great times for us and, if not, an indicator what we need to work on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I'd like to see this team. Especially Hamza beside Vince in the middle. Should be more than enought to win against Cardiff. I'd only swap Albrighton for Gray. If Ian doesn't turn up in the first half, then Shinji on ASAP 

We can't underestimate Cardiff, a club with their back against the wall. They defend well and are well coached, they will sit back & make us try and break them down hoping to catch us on the counter. We absolutely need to get an early goal to change the way Cardiff play.

• Like 1