Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Cardiff Pre Match

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Okazaki has shown nothing for well over a year now. He shouldn't even be in the squad. Iheanacho is a quality young player and knows how to link and score. Having said that it'll be Gray in for Vardy because he is more of a threat. Vardy is dangerous against attacking teams but not so much against teams that sit back, he can't head a ball and he can't dribble past players. Gray can dribble past players. He'll do this on saturday and win us a penalty - then the question is can we score it without Vards?

Tired of the myth that we can't break teams down and can't beat the weak ones. This season until Christmas the same people were complaining because we only beat teams at the bottom of the table. 

Vardy isn't as good against defensive teams as attacking teams because he can't run into the space behind them. Maddison and Gray are much better, Ricardo can also dribble.

Okazaki is the epitemy of everything that Leicester do good, he chases people down, puts in effort and makes defenders panic and make mistakes, he is the closest to Vardy we have. Defenders must love playing against iheanacho, he shows little in terms of harrying defenders, jogs around and looks uninterested. Everything Leicester have done good the last couple of games has revolved around putting in effort and working tirelessly, iheanacho doesn’t have these qualities. As for Vardy not being able to run into space are you kidding me? That’s the joke of year, running in behind defenders is what Vardy does best and how he bagged 75% of his goals the year we won the league. What have you been watching these last 3 years????

Schmeichel

Simpson, Evans, Maguire, Fuchs

Albrighton/Perrera, Iborra, Mendy, Gray

Nacho, Maddison

Need Vardy for Everton, Simpson did really well,Wes needs a rest......both Chilwell and Ricardo have put in a real shift......two more wins possible, Everton far superior to Cardiff......

1 minute ago, Reg Vardy said:

Schmeichel

Simpson, Evans, Maguire, Fuchs

Albrighton/Perrera, Iborra, Mendy, Gray

Nacho, Maddison

Need Vardy for Everton, Simpson did really well,Wes needs a rest......both Chilwell and Ricardo have put in a real shift......two more wins possible, Everton far superior to Cardiff......

Ricardo must be right back. We will have 60% possession in this match and we all know how useless Simpson is going forward. Was evident when we played Fulham. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

. As for Vardy not being able to run into space are you kidding me? That’s the joke of year, running in behind defenders is what Vardy does best and how he bagged 75% of his goals the year we won the league. What have you been watching these last 3 years????

Almost like he was clearly saying Vardy can't do it against teams that come to defend because they don't leave that space

• Like 3

Bound to be changes for this one. It's taken a superhuman effort to get the last 2 wins so players are bound to be sore.

Ghezzal or Gray might get gametime here and I would bring Evans in for Morgan who has made me eat my words the last week but must be tired. Iborra for N'Didi who could also do with a break.

Tough game but we have momentum behind us now. Might be similar to the Burnley game so we have to take the chances if they happen.

• Like 1

I’d go back to the 4-2-3-1 for Cardiff:

Kasper

Ricardo

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

Hamza

Mendy

Albrighton

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Tell the players to go and build on two great victories and express themselves, bomb on and play aggressively.  

Edited by GingerrrFox

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Almost like he was clearly saying Vardy can't do it against teams that come to defend because they don't leave that space

Load of nonsense there is always going to be the opportunity to run in behind in every game considering it’s the right ball played. Vardy can score against any side he’s proven that and for the lad saying he can’t head a ball is a load of rubbish. 

What I was saying is Leicester’s best football comes from hassling teams into giving the ball away and making mistakes and iheanacho doesn’t do it and okazaki does. ethics...

Edited by Clarkey123

20 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Okazaki is the epitemy of everything that Leicester do good, he chases people down, puts in effort and makes defenders panic and make mistakes, he is the closest to Vardy we have. 

Effort wise yes, but absolutely useless at doing anything with the actual ball.

12 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I have to be honest Trav it’s really difficult listening to the descriptions of ‘Puel out people’, ‘people who hate Puel’ etc...

Its not black and white / them and us.

I’ve never had a problem with the man, I’ve had a problem over the last 12 months with the footballing product inclusive of set up and selection. If he can start setting the team up in a fashion which gets performances out of players, win or lose I’ll be okay - I just struggle to watch or get behind 80% of the football we’ve played over the past 12 months.

This week demonstrated we are capable of great performances. Let’s be honest - it’s taken a bit of time. I’d like to see that flexibility in set up, hunger, movement, creativity and passing continue. If it doesn’t he will end up losing his job at some point for the same reasons he did at Southampton, rightly or wrongly.

My main concern has always been that we will lose key personnel if Puel persists in playing a brand of football that doesn’t allow them to meet their personal ambitions, develop and play to their strengths. Today we saw some real passion, effort and determination to get to the ball first...

Something has changed - there’s obviously some movement behind the scenes but I’ll embrace any change that results in performances like this. 

Not everybody that called for his head lacks patience, dislikes the man, resents giving youth a chance, or doesn’t understand that we have to transition into a team that can play on the front foot and not just counter attack, or that Vardy can’t be played full time on the shoulder of the opposition...

Puel has done some great stuff, bought a couple of gems and has had some good results and the opposite can be said of all those things too. 

I think the key in all this is attempting to be moderate when we write - balanced.

All people that vote one way or another do so for a host of reasons and shouldn’t be all lumped together as one entity and have a set of beliefs attributed to them like a label.

I can understand why people question his tactics, team selection, etc. However, I often see the way he speaks mocked, bad decisions by individual players blamed on the manager, rumours of "having lost the players" (seriously, give this a rest - for all the times this has previously been banded around for former managers, I don't believe it has ever happened)

If the people who think Puel should go were making more salient points, instead of going on about not enough "qualiteeeee" or "intensiteee"... :rolleyes: or suggesting that Morgan gets sent off because of managerial decisions... or players only play well when they decide to disregard his orders... All of which I've seen many times this last few months.

Of course there are people who correctly have noted his shortcomings, because nobody is perfect and also, and I can't emphasise this enough, LCFC is currently a work in progress, which won't happen overnight.

I don't think Puel will ever win the league with us, but I'm intrigued to see where he's going.

• Like 2