Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Cardiff Pre Match

I am not entirely convinced that Cardiff will park the bus. They need to start winning games. 

A little squad rotation to give a bit of rest to Vardy, Ndidi, possibly also Maguire, Albrighton. 

Kasper

Ricardo Morgan Evans Chilwell 

Choudhary Iborra

Gezzal Maddison Gray

Nacho

Set pieces will be key, so want Iborra on the pitch

12 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

100% more confident at home though. If it was away I wouldn’t make as much changes.

Made sense but are you sure with right side? Simpson aren't good going forward and Albrighton will be struggle as right winger. He's helped by Ricardo presence so use more of his defensive work rate. 

Also where will we got goal? Gray and Iheanacho aren't that prolific, moreover the latter as lone striker.

On 27/12/2018 at 00:03, lgfualol said:

Probs need a couple changes

Schmeichel

Richardo Evans Maguire Fuchs

Choudhury Ndidi Iborra (big man for set pieces)

Albrighton Vardy Maddison

Vardy will be rested for this one he has Z injury and Puel will rest him and start him for the Everton game, rotation is key at this time of year 

I don't think Cardiff will park the bus necessarily as they escaped with that tactic at Palace only through the profligacy of the toothless home attack. They do have some flair in the likes of Camarasa and may consider a change of tactics for this one. 

Would be tempted to keep the same side, hopefully get clear in front then ring the changes before the Everton game. That builds momentum and confidence. 

Looking forward to my first visit to the KP for a match! Me in the West stand while my younger son will be in the away end. Hope I get bragging rights. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 3

If we don’t get the win then Puel is going to get moaned at either way. 

If he keeps it unchanged people will moan about playing 3 DM’s against Cardiff. 

Or if he brings a couple of fresh bodies in then people are going to moan that he changed a winning team. Tough one. 

Id personally give Wilf a rest and bring in Gray, moving Maddison central. Potentially give Chilwell a rest aswell. The rest unchanged. 

Edited by Messi
  • Like 1

Unbelievable some of the negative comments on here. Cardiff will defend with 2 banks of 5 And will be difficult to break down, we need to make changes to rest some who have given all and were dead on their feet. Everton 3 days after this one and it's been a punishing yet fantastic festive period,we  not rotating for this game would be daft imo.

• Like 1

We beat these guys away after an insanely difficult week, with players like Kasper openly admitting they were shaking before the match began, and our confidence is really high following two massive wins. I think we can feel pretty good about this match... 

I wouldn’t switch too much, but maybe bring in Ghezzal for Albrighton, Nacho for Vardy, Iborra in CM and Fuchs for Chilwell. We really are going to need fresh legs for Everton, after all.

15 minutes ago, Messi said:

If we don’t get the win then Puel is going to get moaned at either way. 

If he keeps it unchanged people will moan about playing 3 DM’s against Cardiff. 

Or if he brings a couple of fresh bodies in then people are going to moan that he changed a winning team. Tough one. 

Id personally give Wilf a rest and bring in Gray, moving Maddison central. Potentially give Chilwell a rest aswell. The rest unchanged. 

That's the know feck all damned if he does or doesn't element of the forum!

15 hours ago, FIF said:

You seem to have misunderstood my post, If English isn't your first language please let me apologise for not being clear enough. 

Vardy is great at running into space and causing problems for defences, it is his best way of scoring after penalties. I would suggest that it is by far his primary way of scoring and when teams sit back and defend against us he is not so effective. This is evidenced by his incredible scoring record against the top teams. Cardiff are likely to have all 11 men behind the ball and Vardy will not have the space to run into. he also seems to have a nagging groin injury and he's just played a couple of games within 4 days. I therefore respectfully suggest Gray or Iheanacho could be worthwhile replacements for the Cardiff game. Gray isn't hitting the target well at the moment but he is on a far higher level than Vardy for dribbling with the ball and beating men. I think he will be ideal for getting into the box with the ball and that could easily result in a penalty, a deflected goal or even a true Gray goal.

Iheanacho is a very clever feeder of the ball and has good close control skills, he could be a good choice too.

As regards Shinji, I think you may have confused him with someone else if you think he's anything like he was in 2015 - even then it'd be stretching it to call him a goalscorer. He was a hard worker who closed players down and defended heroically. He also had a great smile and will be one of the most satisfying memories of our title winning year. However this year it's sad to see him on the pitch, he's played what? in 15 games and he really doesn't get that close to the action, his ball control has also deteriorated and he hasn't sniffed a goal since when? I just checked - the 13th December 2017! We need someone who can score goals against Cardiff not a near retirement legend. I'm sure that you are aware that the man you malign so badly Kelechi Iheanacho has actually scored more premier league goals than Shinji.

My 11 for Cardiff

Kasper

Ricardo

Soyunco

Maguire

Chilwell

Hamza

Mendy

Iborra

Albrighton

Gray

Maddison

with Nacho, Simmo, Fuchs, Evans, Ward, Ghezzal, Shade (Vardy if fit) on the bench

I see where you’re coming from with shinjis stats, but I’m really over the iheanacho hype, was happy to give him plenty of time to see something from him, was at the Southampton cup match and that was just enough for me, was horrifying to watch us going forward. I think you forget with his stats that he was spoonfed at man city and got a lot of chances, we don’t create that many... I hope I’m proved wrong obviously if iheanacho does start Saturday, I just don’t see it however. Visions of the ball bouncing off the man and general halfhearted effort and play is all I’m expecting. Cheers ??

Edited by Clarkey123
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

I’d 100% change it up with Everton a few days later.

Kasper

Simpson

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Iborra

Mendy

Albrighton

Okazaki

Gray

Iheanacho

that team is still good enough to beat Cardiff at home and it gives players a much needed rest before the same team from the last two games starts again against Everton.

I like this team in theory. I believe Ghezzal and Gray will start; Vardy not in squad to be ready for Everton maybe ? Nacho worries me but I think this is an opportunity for him to put a shift in and get a goal or two. With a goal he could be a different player to what we’ve seen lately. 

We will be expected to win this game easily, with Cardiiff not having won an away game all season and we have had impessive results against Chelsea ans Man City. there is a temptation to rest players for this one and to bring in others as cardiff will be seen by some as a home banker. Cardiff will come to defend and try and nick a goal. as long as we stay focused and play to our strenghths and not get complacent then we should beat these. these are the games like Fulham where we have struggled. we just need to play to the same intensity as if we were playing Chelsea and Man city. let's just go on to the pitch and play how we all know the team can and we will get the result.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxinsox said:

I am not entirely convinced that Cardiff will park the bus. They need to start winning games. 

A little squad rotation to give a bit of rest to Vardy, Ndidi, possibly also Maguire, Albrighton. 

Kasper

Choudhary Iborra

Gezzal Maddison Gray

Nacho

No no no no no, 5 changes, this is not a cup match!

4 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Kasper

Choudhary Iborra

Gezzal Maddison Gray

Nacho

I think Iborra and Choudhary could work at home against weaker opposition. 

Work rate and hopefully a bit of creativity. Both should be tidy enough in possession to supply the front 4, with Choudhary screening the defence/breaking up play.