Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Cardiff Pre Match

I’d 100% change it up with Everton a few days later.

Kasper

Simpson

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Iborra

Mendy

Albrighton

Okazaki

Gray

Iheanacho

that team is still good enough to beat Cardiff at home and it gives players a much needed rest before the same team from the last two games starts again against Everton.

• Like 1

Just now, LCFC FOX said:

I’d 100% change it up with Everton a few days later.

Kasper

Simpson

Soyuncu

Evans

Fuchs

Iborra

Mendy

Albrighton

Okazaki

Gray

Iheanacho

that team is still good enough to beat Cardiff at home and it gives players a much needed rest before the same team from the last two games starts again against Everton.

Hmm 8 change

We change less player and can't beat Fulham last time 

It's a trickier match than meets the eye. I would assume a lot of players need to rest after playing 3 matches in eight days. Plus, we want to be fresh for everton away.

But if puel makes several changes, and we disappoint against Cardiff, he'll come under scrutiny for tinkering too much.

That said, I would treat Cardiff like an early round of a cup competition and rest the full XI. 

Ward

Fuchs

Soyunchu

Evans

Simpson

Ghezzal

Iborra

Silva

Diabate

Okazaki

Iheanacho

I'd be happy to see Ward in for Kasper, some accurate distribution from the goalkeeper would see us in with a muck better chance of breaking down a massed defence, taking a little chance on shot stopping, but given the way our defence has played the last 3 games, I'd take that risk.

32 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Hamza will no doubt be ragged after 3 consecutive starts in short sucession. Iborra may get a rare start here, as one of Ndidi or Mendy will probably be sat.

Iborra will be better in attack than Hamza. And Ndidi could fire off a shot like he did at Chelsea. Mendy didn't play in the cup match so should be (marginally) less knackerd. That said, Hamza could play in the sweeper role he did for the u23 which may be good. I'm not sure if we'll risk Vardy's groin and Ian did make some decent runs against Chelsea when he came on. Gray looked decent apart from the miss hit at the end so I expect him to come on. Will be an interesting game.

I would make changes to be attacking ans fresh and revert to Man City team for Everton 

Kasper

Simo 

Evans

Maguire

Fuchs

Iborra

Silva

Papy

Maddison 

Gray

Vardy 

replace Vardy and Maddison asap

i would have a couple of u21 on the bench If we are 2-0 by 60 mins get them on

Edited by Peckfortonfox

59 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I'd be happy to see Ward in for Kasper, some accurate distribution from the goalkeeper would see us in with a muck better chance of breaking down a massed defence, taking a little chance on shot stopping, but given the way our defence has played the last 3 games, I'd take that risk.

Ward is not good with the ball, just punts it long.

given kasper is shite also this presents a slight issues as buying another keeper when we have 2 good GK is unlikely 

I don't mind some changes as long as people like Silva don't start. I expect Kasper to start despite some dreadful passes last time out and would like to see Gazelle get a chance to prove himself. 

Maybe rest Vardz, he looked as if he was run ragged and hit the deck a couple of times against City. We need him fully fit against the Toffees. It'll be a tough test.

There's probably got to be some changes and as well as anything tactical, we won't necessarily know who they feel they need to rest.

Schmeichel 

Pereira    Evans    Maguire    Chilwell

Chowdhury  Iborra   Mendy

Ghezzal    Gray

Nacho

Subs: Vardy, Maddison, Ward, Soyuncu and Allbrighton. I see Ghezzal more in a 10 role. I think ideally Ndidi needs a rest ready for Everton but the club will know best.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

Okazaki is the epitemy of everything that Leicester do good, he chases people down, puts in effort and makes defenders panic and make mistakes, he is the closest to Vardy we have. Defenders must love playing against iheanacho, he shows little in terms of harrying defenders, jogs around and looks uninterested. Everything Leicester have done good the last couple of games has revolved around putting in effort and working tirelessly, iheanacho doesn’t have these qualities. As for Vardy not being able to run into space are you kidding me? That’s the joke of year, running in behind defenders is what Vardy does best and how he bagged 75% of his goals the year we won the league. What have you been watching these last 3 years????

That's nice and dandy but Shinji can't score to save his life and you need goals to win a game. Properly supported and with he ball kept on the floor, Nacho would definitely do more damage than Shinji. He sucks at being at the end of crosses but so Shinji and Vardy.

Vardy struggled even in the title winning season when teams began to sit deep and refused to be torn apart on the counter. That's a fact. He thrives against the big ones because they tend to play high.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

Kasper

Ricardo     Soyunchu   Maguire    Fuchs

Choudury   Iborra     Mendy  

Ghezzal    Maddison    

Nacho             

1-0  (Maddison from a free kick)

TBH even if we didn't win on Saturday I wouldn't be too despondent.

Cup aside we've got what we wanted out of Christmas. It looked like curtains on Friday night and we would have taken wins against Chelsea and Man City. 

Been a great couple of days. I'll forgive them if Saturday is not a win. 

Let's see what the fitness of the players are and how they are feeling. I would expect some subtle changes, notably Iheanacho and Fuchs not in squad yesterday. Expect both to start as we rest Vardy and Chilwell. 

I would expect:

Kasper

Ricardo     Morgan    Evans     Fuchs

Iborra     Mendy

Albrighton   Okazaki     Gray

Iheanacho 

Subs:  Ward, Soyuncu, Simpson, Choudhury, Maddison, Ghezall, Vardy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I would be intrigued to see Silva in this 4-3-3, he might just have that complete performance that opens up a chance for him. Stranger things have happened.

Yep.. Silva in a midfield 3 would suit him.. He's useless in a 2.

But I'm sure he got Puel a Christmas pressie so doubt he'll even be on the bench. 

I know we need to rest one or 2 but don’t need to do to many. I know we want our strongest 11 against Everton but if we don’t manage a win against Cardiff resting players and don’t get a result against Everton people will likely complain. Put the best team out against Cardiff and rest a few if we can get in front with 30 mins to go ready for Everton 

I would be tempted to rest a few but not too much as to completely stifle our momentum. Don't think there is much point playing three defensive midfielders against these. Also, if Vardy is out I'dbe tempted to go with Gray up top again.

Schmeichel 

Simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

Mendy

Iborra

Albrighton 

Ricardo

Maddison

Gray

• Like 1

Just now, dormelcfc said:

I would be tempted to rest a few but not too much as to completely stifle our momentum. Don't think there is much point playing three defensive midfielders against these. Also, if Vardy is out I'dbe tempted to go with Gray up top again.

Schmeichel 

Simpson

Morgan

Maguire

Chilwell

Mendy

Iborra

Albrighton 

Ricardo

Maddison

Gray

Spot on mate. Good post. 

5 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

Okazaki is the epitemy of everything that Leicester do good, he chases people down, puts in effort and makes defenders panic and make mistakes, he is the closest to Vardy we have. Defenders must love playing against iheanacho, he shows little in terms of harrying defenders, jogs around and looks uninterested. Everything Leicester have done good the last couple of games has revolved around putting in effort and working tirelessly, iheanacho doesn’t have these qualities. As for Vardy not being able to run into space are you kidding me? That’s the joke of year, running in behind defenders is what Vardy does best and how he bagged 75% of his goals the year we won the league. What have you been watching these last 3 years????

You seem to have misunderstood my post, If English isn't your first language please let me apologise for not being clear enough. 

Vardy is great at running into space and causing problems for defences, it is his best way of scoring after penalties. I would suggest that it is by far his primary way of scoring and when teams sit back and defend against us he is not so effective. This is evidenced by his incredible scoring record against the top teams. Cardiff are likely to have all 11 men behind the ball and Vardy will not have the space to run into. he also seems to have a nagging groin injury and he's just played a couple of games within 4 days. I therefore respectfully suggest Gray or Iheanacho could be worthwhile replacements for the Cardiff game. Gray isn't hitting the target well at the moment but he is on a far higher level than Vardy for dribbling with the ball and beating men. I think he will be ideal for getting into the box with the ball and that could easily result in a penalty, a deflected goal or even a true Gray goal.

Iheanacho is a very clever feeder of the ball and has good close control skills, he could be a good choice too.

As regards Shinji, I think you may have confused him with someone else if you think he's anything like he was in 2015 - even then it'd be stretching it to call him a goalscorer. He was a hard worker who closed players down and defended heroically. He also had a great smile and will be one of the most satisfying memories of our title winning year. However this year it's sad to see him on the pitch, he's played what? in 15 games and he really doesn't get that close to the action, his ball control has also deteriorated and he hasn't sniffed a goal since when? I just checked - the 13th December 2017! We need someone who can score goals against Cardiff not a near retirement legend. I'm sure that you are aware that the man you malign so badly Kelechi Iheanacho has actually scored more premier league goals than Shinji.

My 11 for Cardiff

Kasper

Ricardo

Soyunco

Maguire

Chilwell

Hamza

Mendy

Iborra

Albrighton

Gray

Maddison

with Nacho, Simmo, Fuchs, Evans, Ward, Ghezzal, Shade (Vardy if fit) on the bench

Edited by Guest