Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Why are we getting rid of Iborra and Silva, when they are both better than James?

Cos the old guard like Matty (and care not for the other two).........  and presumably the manager doesn’t trust silva ....... and Iborra is desperate to get back to Spain .......

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

With these free weekends and no cup distractions, the need for any rotation diminishes.  So hopefully Puel can now forget about giving game time to people who have no future at the Club beyond June.   Barring injuries stick to a settled team from now on where possible. 

Spot on. Let's find our best 11 and stick with them (feels weird saying this as Puel has been here for well over a year).

I don’t think sacking CP at this time is a good idea. He “has the support of the younger players” and the Newport game showed this - most of the old guard didn’t seem to play to the level we know they’re capable of.

Time for a settled First XI, get rid of the deadwood, aim for Europe (the season isn’t over yet!) then assess options as we go into the summer.  If Puel’s masterplan for his way of playing football starts to pay dividends towards the end of the season, keep him as we do need some stability. If not, get rid and thank him for giving the younger players a chance.

• Like 1

I’ve always wanted him to stay, but Nothing annoys me more than selecting a team like that when the players have had plenty of rest and don’t play again until Saturday! 

Ive also picked up on what I hope isn’t a worrying trend. Maddison looks scared now to play killer through balls, almost as if he’s afraid of being told off for potentially losing possession. 

Similarly yesterday was the first time we’ve seen Matty James in a while, he used to be all about passing forward and getting it up to the striker. Yesterday he turned full circle just so that he could pass it back to the defenders for safe possession. 

I dont know if it is, but it’s hard to argue that hasn’t come from some sort of coaching on style of play. 

Edited by AjcW

if Puel wants to keep his job i think hes going to have to adapt a bit, 

after the result yesterday and if we lose on Saturday the heat on him will be on even more, and the Puel out brigade will be sharpening their pitchforks even more so( I dont care either way if he goes or not)

8 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Rudkin is never getting the sack. He's widely accredited, within the club, for bringing the league title to Leicester.

Could you explain that, please?

He wasn't on the pitch or in the dugout, so what exactly did he do that was so instrumental in us winning the league?

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Ive also picked up on what I hope isn’t a worrying trend. Maddison looks scared now to play killer through balls, almost as if he’s afraid of being told off for potentially losing possession. 

I'd put this down more to our attacking players having really shit movement. Everyone just stands next to their marker. I dont think he would get told off for losing the ball, we have players with terrible passing and aimless long ball mechants that still get picked.

8 hours ago, Keiriel said:

It's a bit of both. Puel isn't without fault, but the players today let themselves down. At most, 2 or 3 players looked motivated while the rest sauntered about and treated the game as a pre-season friendly. They were sure as hell up for it against Man City and Chelsea, plus they kept their shape and remained tactically disciplined, whereas they were all over the place against Newport. One criticism that holds a little merit is the side Claude picked. There was little to no cohesion, no real teamwork, and they looked like a group of individuals playing together for the first time, which is strange considering half of them are title winners. The way I see it, this game was used as a way to weed out the deadwood, once and for all.

Re: Deadwood, oh I hope so.

Just think that even Andy King who can't get into our pl squad earns at a guess 50x more than a Newport player.

Surely a second string pl team should waltze this?

Just affirms how far away we are from that 6th spot, and surely Puel can't be blamed for how weak our squad is. 

Edited by Gwyn

Most of the second string simply didn't look fit enough. Fuchs beaten for pace, James huffing and puffing and lacking pace. Against a second division team who looked sharper and fitter all round. 

Part of why we won the league was we were super fit. What happened to the sports science we were famed for? Intensitee cannot be delivered without fitness. This is actually down to the manager.

Btw does anyone know what our assistant manager does?

Edited by FoxFossil

It's actually difficult to find level-headed people in this debate now, unfortunately. We have the hardcore in, hardcore out and those who are leaning to one side probably being hardened every time they read something they don't agree with.

So many people are predetermined in this debate I actually think it's pointless now. What's the point in sacking mid-season when you're unlikely to bring in the manager you want (and who would that be, I've still to see a realistic, good long term name. And by the way, long-term is key for me, sick of changing as I'm sick of changing managers.)

He has flaws, of course he does. I'm hopeful that behind the scenes there's a master plan and a VERY busy summer, because boy do we need some player turnover, both in the first team and the second string. If that involves more youngsters then let's get going, because we clearly have some good ones.

If we finish seventh, which is realistically the best we can do with the big six I think that's acceptable. We can look to bring in the players Puel wants for his style of play. Finally phase out the crap lingering on their fat, post title win contracts, invest in the talent needed (or bring through young players) and have a positive outlook to 2019/20. Success isn't instant in football, it's not always 2015/16. Teams take time, investment, faith and support.

A part of me thinks it's for the best if he did go, though. A section of the fanbase are so entrenched in their dislike of him I think he could win back to back Champions League titles with us and they'd still resent him.

I'm prepared to give him a chance. My faith is fragile but it's there for now.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Most of the second string simply didn't look fit enough. Fuchs beaten for pace, James huffing and puffing and lacking pace. Against a second division team who looked sharper and fitter all round. 

Part of why we won the league was we were super fit. What happened to the sports science we were famed for? Intensitee cannot be delivered without fitness. This is actually down to the manager.

Btw does anyone know what our assistant manager does?

Nods a lot I would imagine and doesn’t go away on honeymoon for fear of being sacked by email.

53 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

We are not getting better if we're just managing cost are we.

Well there's the opportunity to improve in the windows. If we keep both, we can't get new players in, and neither are getting any game time whatsoever currently. 

2 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

100% agree. He can’t win whatever he does. I saw a comment about playing a forward line who haven’t scored in a year...there’s literally no one else. He can’t keep playing vardy knowing he’s carrying injuries. Nacho and Shinji should have been good enough today!

There is no-one else because he got rid of both Ulloa and Slimani without replacing them, despite being at the club 8 months and seeing that Nacho isn’t up to the job.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No most are more interested in digging their heels in to the puel in/out debate so completely absolve him or completely condemn him. 

stop on tbh, its all it seems to be atm, if we win its the players doing and nothing to do with Puel, lose its all Puel's fault

no middle ground

and tbh ive never seen the fans so divided and it all being so toxic either

8 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

There is no-one else because he got rid of both Ulloa and Slimani without replacing them, despite being at the club 8 months and seeing that Nacho isn’t up to the job.

Absolute rubbish. Ulloa was given an extension, not by CP, despite barely kicking a ball since we won the title. 

There are are many sources which state that Slim was a bad apple and didn’t fit. CP didn’t sanction a 30 million deal for him did he? 

We have let a number of strikers go over the last few years before CP turned up. 

We don’t have an endless pot of money, and need to take cost out before we spend it! 

3 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

100% agree. He can’t win whatever he does. I saw a comment about playing a forward line who haven’t scored in a year...there’s literally no one else. He can’t keep playing vardy knowing he’s carrying injuries. Nacho and Shinji should have been good enough today!

Agreed ? 

16 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

stop on tbh, its all it seems to be atm, if we win its the players doing and nothing to do with Puel, lose its all Puel's fault

no middle ground

and tbh ive never seen the fans so divided and it all being so toxic either

Leave or Remain? 

Cpexit.