Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Just now, Chrysalis said:

So am I right, one defeat and foxestalk is calling for sack again?

Yes. The worst part is people don't realise how fickle they are. 

But sure, let's leap on the managerial roundabout. It has worked for us so well, traditionally. 

• Thanks 1

Puel supporters will say when we lose "it's the players fault" but when we beat Man City and Chelsea it was "Puel the mastermind tactician, who outthought Pep" sorry but you can't have it both ways lol 

Edited by chapero82
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Puel supporters will say when we lose "it's the players fault" but when we beat Man City and Chelsea it was "Puel the mastermind tactician, who outthought Pep" sorry but you can't have it both ways lol 

Don't remember anyone saying that, in fact the response seemed to be "shove that in your pipe and smoke it ya miserable tool bags". Rather than a "Puel is amazing". ;)

• Haha 2

Just now, Babylon said:

Don't remember anyone saying that, in fact the response seemed to be "shove that in your pipe and smoke it ya miserable tool bags". Rather than a "Puel is amazing". ;)

Yep and now back tracking to players faults today lol well his tactics were shown up by a league two manager today

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

He can't be sacked for today lets be honest, we are 7th lol 

I totally agree with you. We would be the laughing stock of football getting rid of our manager when we were 7th in the  league, and quite rightly so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

Yep and now back tracking to players faults today lol well his tactics were shown up by a league two manager today

They weren't really were they, the odd bad selection maybe. But he's not entirely  responsible for Albrighton having a brain fart or players missing loads of sitters. We still created enough to win several times over. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

The players have to take plenty of responsibility today. They missed some great chances that you'd expect them to score and gave away an inexplicable penalty.

These are international players, Premier League players who are missing from 6 yards, mis-hitting shots and sticking arms up in the box.

It's concerning that it appears we have to select the same team every week (and even then carrying a couple of players) because the back-ups are at an even lower level.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Just the same people who are gagging and frothing at the mouth weekly just waiting for any reason to scream "Puel Out".

I find the whole thing baffling how anyone can look at the whole situation and come to the conclusion he needs to go right now.

Plenty of issues, but he's had plenty of problems to try and fix as well and he is doing slowly.

I’m not saying Puel out right now as I think we should see where we are at the end of the season.

But his constant changes and making the same mistakes over and over again is really annoying!

I admit I don’t really like him as our manager but I do want him to do well but he makes it really hard to like him as just as you start to warm to him he pulls something like today out the bag lol 

I wish he would push for another striker and a winger too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They weren't really were they, the odd bad selection maybe. But he's not entirely  responsible for Albrighton having a brain fart or players missing loads of sitters. We still created enough to win several times over. 

But you could have the same arguments for Chelsea if Hazard and David Luiz put there chances away that would have been 2-0 and our heads would have gone down and probably lost! 

Today was a bad judgement, we was outfought e.g Morgan for there first goal and they was showing us up at times, we don’t have have any great attacking options without Vardy.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Deal with where we are, and where we finish at the end of the season. Too many ifs buts and maybes to think of anything else.

I look at the league and we are very similar to all the others, a total lack of consistency.

I look at our squad and see the job that needs doing on it is massive, no matter who is in charge. 

We are all but safe, follow the plan. Shed the dead wood in Jan and the summer and the squad might have a totally different look to it and see where we are then.

The biggest thing for me is the fact that he is getting rid of people from a squad people have already agreed is thin on quality and he says he doesn’t want to bring anyone in in January when there are obvious gaps that need filling.

I understand he might not nessercerially be in charge of recruitment be he does have an input.

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The biggest thing for me is the fact that he is getting rid of people from a squad people have already agreed is thin on quality and he says he doesn’t want to bring anyone in in January when there are obvious gaps that need filling.

I understand he might not nessercerially be in charge of recruitment be he does have an input.

There no point telling everyone you are desperate for players as selling clubs will just bump up the price

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

It's a bit of both. Puel isn't without fault, but the players today let themselves down. At most, 2 or 3 players looked motivated while the rest sauntered about and treated the game as a pre-season friendly. They were sure as hell up for it against Man City and Chelsea, plus they kept their shape and remained tactically disciplined, whereas they were all over the place against Newport. One criticism that holds a little merit is the side Claude picked. There was little to no cohesion, no real teamwork, and they looked like a group of individuals playing together for the first time, which is strange considering half of them are title winners. The way I see it, this game was used as a way to weed out the deadwood, once and for all.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

There no point telling everyone you are desperate for players as selling clubs will just bump up the price

I guess but there is a difference in not showing your desperate and saying that you are not planning to bring anyone in you could just do what most managers do and just say we are looking at options or we will see

14 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

But you could have the same arguments for Chelsea if Hazard and David Luiz put there chances away that would have been 2-0 and our heads would have gone down and probably lost! 

Today was a bad judgement, we was outfought e.g Morgan for there first goal and they was showing us up at times, we don’t have have any great attacking options without Vardy.

Absolutely true, but then that is football. If it was purely about the better players with the better strategy winning, we might as well not watch.

For Newport today, it was their cup final, they played well above the standard we might expect from a team at their level. They threw everything at us and at the ball, plus they had a little luck on a pitch where chance seemed to play as much a part as skill (did you see some of those bounces today?)

Scrub this one off, get on with it, take it out on Southampton.

If Puel is going to be sacked before the season ends, it will be tomorrow, but I think not. Knee-jerk sacking are rarely good and I think Top knows that.

• Like 2