Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

18 hours ago, Albert said:

I can assure u that everything you’ve read in the papers this week is 100% true.

I can also assure you that you can 100% trust the tweets/articles that either Geoff Peters or John Percy make. ??

will he be gone by the end of the transfer window?

10 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think getting rid of Puel would be a massive mistake right now.

Can you explain a bit more please? 

I am of the opposite opinion, I do have to give Puel credit for the Chelsea game. And for playing younger English players he has done well. Style of play, negative team selections, not getting the best out of all of the players would be the main cause for concern I have with Puel.

League position is reasonable, At best, we could possibly only be 2 places higher with any manager, so I do not see sacking Puel happening for the foreseeable anyway. 

19 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I wonder how many managers  outside the top 3or 4 would be in trouble after drawing w ith Man C and winning at Chelsea  losses at Crystal Palace and Tottenham almost look good after the week end results  as I think these 2 sides managed  1  and 2  shots on target respectively  against  our so called poor defence  I havent enjoyed a lot of the matches  but  facts are fact

Mark Hughes? we actually lost against Man City as well 

Edited by whoareyaaa

35 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think his comments after the Chelsea game 'this changes nothing' are not very assuring I may be reading into it, don't know if its already been discussed on here

When did he say this? Because of you I painfully watched the post match interview and I can't find it. Watching the post match interview reminds me of why I stopped watching them and why I liked Pearson's disdain for the press. Half the questions are made to trip up the manager and create a headline and the other half are stupid.

I wanted Ralph Hasenhüttl this summer, but now that he's gone to Southampton, I think we should stick with Puel at least till the end of the season. My only other option would be Learnodo Jardim, but he may find Leicester a club to small for him, which may have been a reason he didn't go to Southampton. 

Puel seems to be great at building a team but finds the other bit - managing it difficult. It would be good for the Club if they moved Puel to DOF in the summer and try to get Jardim in the summer aswell. 

Edited by Crispin LA

28 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

I wanted Ralph Hasenhüttl this summer, but now that he gone to Southampton, I think we should stick with Puel at least till the end of the season. My only other option would be Learnodo Jardim, but he may find Leicester a club to small for him, which may have been a reason he didn't go to Southampton. 

Puel seems to be great at building a team but find the other bit - managing it difficult. It would be good for the Club if move Puel to DOF in the summer and try to get Jardim in the summer aswell. 

Just the one major obstacle to that .......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

When did he say this? Because of you I painfully watched the post match interview and I can't find it. Watching the post match interview reminds me of why I stopped watching them and why I liked Pearson's disdain for the press. Half the questions are made to trip up the manager and create a headline and the other half are stupid.

Match of the day

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Match of the day

Cheers. He's responding to the reporter saying, "This changes everything." It's normal for Puel to deny it. It would have raised more questions if he'd said, "Yes this does change everything." Nothing in it imo.

Edited by Foxxed

I think he's kept his job until the end of the season. Saturday's result really was massive for him. Its meant that we're not likely to slide too far down the table in this difficult period and it would take something truly catastrophic for us to get relegated. I understand that some people think that a new manager could come in and get more from this squad and maybe that's true, but let's not forget that someone could come in and do much worse with it too. You may find it hard to believe, but we can certainly do far worse than Puel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Personally I think giving him until the end of the season to prove that he's building something would be the correct and fair thing to do. We're not going to get relegated so why not just be patient (although this is football we're talking about).

That’s where I’m at too.

We can look shite and good in equal measure but let’s give him one more trans window and see..

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2