Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

58 minutes ago, murphy said:

Strange that so many people have such entrenched positions and go straight on the defensive when we have a good result and performance, ie the players somehow overruled Puel etc etc.

Whichever side of the fence you sit on the issue of the manager, it is OK to criticise poor performances but also OK to give credit where it's due.  Some 'outers' like @Matt were at least able to give cautious praise after this result without changing their own standpoint.  Others just continue to plough the same furrow regardless, perhaps for fear of losing face.  In fact, it just makes them look daft that they are not able to show any balance.

Thank you for that.

I feel I can't say right for saying wrong at times.

I might go OTT at times, get caught in the moment, I am very much on the 'Puel Out' side, but I try and look at the bigger picture and note anything positive, ultimately i'll say it how I see, like i'm sure everyone does. I don't always agree with all of the 'outers' if I can give an alternative view or give a defence I will, after yesterday I have cringed and disgreed with certain comments made and thought that's just not right (On both sides of the argument).

Credit for yesterday, hopefully we see more of it and it continues, 30 minutes v Arsenal, a full game v Watford and yesterday, all arguable close together, you could arguably say we are seeing improvment, but the grand scheme of things is that enough? When you note all the dross we've seen, awful games, that are all still far too common, two games and bit parts of games, do I see that becoming more consistent? Unfortunately not, however it remains to be seen. Then you ask yourself the question where did games like yesterday come from? It generally goes against almost everything we've seen, but credit where it's due, I asked for flexibility in styles and i've finally seen it, just need to see more of it.

We've been here before though, last season v Arsenal, prior to the match more than just the usual 'outers' had flipped over to the 'out' side, you just had to look at the comments and polls leading up to that game, people were restless, very much like yesterday before the Chelsea game, then, we played very well and won the game, alot of those same people, the general consensus instantly flipped back or was very much nonplussed, after pretty much one game, it's their prerogative but that is where the accusation from most 'outers' get the opinion that those people are fickle from, at the end of the day we're football fans, we're generally all fickle.

When the likes of @The Doctor gets accused of being fickle as he did this morning I don't agree with, i'm don't think i've seen him flip in or out and fair play the opinions he has.

*I'd made a much better post than this, but then it didn't save and I'd forgot what i'd said/how I worded it, I think i've generally said the same. :doh:

• Like 3

The Puel Conundrum:

On the one hand, employing passive, negative tactics and team selection against weaker opposition (i.e. Fulham, Palace, 'Man City' in the cup) have cost us the points that could have raised us to 5th in the table at Christmas and given us the chance of a place in the League Cup Final. On the flip side, giving youth a chance and improving our technical quality (see comments from other premier league coaches). Our performance against Chelsea was a tactical masterclass, against Fulham, a tactical disaster. Our next two games will decide whether Puel's stubborn refusal to alter his cautious approach (two defensive midfielders regardless of the quality of the opposition) can change. He should adopt the 'Chelsea approach' against Man City and employ a more attacking approach against Cardiff. His choice in this regard will probably determine his future at our club.   

36 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Remember: If we lose or play badly is Puels fault.

If we win or play well it was most likely cambiasso via a WhatsApp video call.

It can never be Puels tactics or influence. 

Getting very boring this merry go round,can all the people who don’t like Puel give him a little credit when we do win,he deserves some credit for a win at Stamford bridge and then we wouldn’t suffer tedious comments like this all the time! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

So we are above big spending, best manager in the world Everton and the mighty Wolves.  Only two teams currently above us in the table would we "expect" to be ahead of and the rest have squads, wage bills and infrastructures way bigger than ours.  Can we, for a week or two at least, stop with the spaffing over the thoughts of a man getting the sack?  I mean I like a good hate wank as much as the next guy but it is Christmas after all.  X

I'm curious about this 'hate wank' concept rumble.  iv no idea how that works. can you possibly film your next one and post it on the next match thread?

• Like 1

So we are above big spending, best manager in the world Everton and the mighty Wolves.  Only two teams currently above us in the table would we "expect" to be ahead of and the rest have squads, wage bills and infrastructures way bigger than ours.  Can we, for a week or two at least, stop with the spaffing over the thoughts of a man getting the sack?  I mean I like a good hate wank as much as the next guy but it is Christmas after all.  X

Sounds painful 

I wonder how many managers  outside the top 3or 4 would be in trouble after drawing w ith Man C and winning at Chelsea  losses at Crystal Palace and Tottenham almost look good after the week end results  as I think these 2 sides managed  1  and 2  shots on target respectively  against  our so called poor defence  I havent enjoyed a lot of the matches  but  facts are fact

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

I'm curious about this 'hate wank' concept rumble.  iv no idea how that works. can you possibly film your next one and post it on the next match thread?

I film them all anyway, got a special file of them on me laptop so can send a few your way.  X

2 hours ago, Albert said:

I can assure u that everything you’ve read in the papers this week is 100% true.

I can also assure you that you can 100% trust the tweets/articles that either Geoff Peters or John Percy make. ??

Do you think he'll be gone soon?