Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

5 hours ago, MPH said:

i was told he didn’t even bother buying a house but got a tent.

he’s living.....

in tent City

I also heard that he likes fruit, especially the skins of nectarines. He stabs them with a toothpick to release more juice and never misses an inch. Therefore there will be holes all over the peach.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I hope Puel finds a way to make it work here in good time. Its clear for me he finds it easier to find ways to beat high attacking/pressing sides, And struggles to get city fired up for games against mid/lower end teams. Lets see what happens..

Edited by bfox
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Just seen on a betting site that he's 1/1 to go next, Ranieri is after that at 10/1. I know odds don't mean jack but that is some difference. All the stories in the paper making people back him getting the sack most probably the reason. 

Ranieri at 10/1 isn’t a bad shout imo

17 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Car from it, they're very reassuring. It shows we're on a path of progression and he's not going to be persuaded to go for any quick fixes.

What he's done in the past Month or so is put Gray, Vardy, and Maddison in their place. They now know he's no pushover and have benefited from it. 

Gray is now showing real promise and working for the team.

Vardy was brilliant on Saturday and despite having a little moan, showed in that game that he is learning and developing a more rounded game to suit our style.

Madison possibly got ahead of himself a little after his England call up. But has been excellent since his recall.

These are big calls for any Manager to make but for Puel to do it when he's supposed to be under pressure shows he's not afraid of making big calls for the good of the Club or of being sacked.Sent

He deserves more respect than he gets from some of our fans, but then that's the nature of modern football.

Not the nature of modern football,but the modern football fan...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, browniefox said:

Just seen on a betting site that he's 1/1 to go next, Ranieri is after that at 10/1. I know odds don't mean jack but that is some difference. All the stories in the paper making people back him getting the sack most probably the reason. 

Even money is a very short price to take considering we are 9th in the league, he was as big as 5-1 earlier in the week! Trust me odds do mean jack, I personally think it was due to the fixtures with Chelsea and Man City, he was strongly backed to lose his job but with the modern day bookmaker is doesn’t take too much money to shorten the odds!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tringfox said:

Even money is a very short price to take considering we are 9th in the league, he was as big as 5-1 earlier in the week! Trust me odds do mean jack, I personally think it was due to the fixtures with Chelsea and Man City, he was strongly backed to lose his job but with the modern day bookmaker is doesn’t take too much money to shorten the odds!

I won't be backing it. I was just surprised at how short the odds are.

47 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Oh please another Rafa fan, if you thought Puel was playing defensive football then what is Rafa's style, he certainly does not play counterattacking football, and doesn't tend to play youth like Puel does. 

All those those 'Rafaites' do you really want a manager who's old and past it, then a younger up and coming manager who has new ideas and has more hunger then a manger who seems to go from one Premier league club to another! 

I live in the north east and have been to a few games this season. I know a few fans who have questioned some of his decisions. Starting with 5 at the back at home to Fulham...!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

Oh please another Rafa fan, if you thought Puel was playing defensive football then what is Rafa's style, he certainly does not play counterattacking football, and doesn't tend to play youth like Puel does. 

All those those 'Rafaites' do you really want a manager who's old and past it, then a younger up and coming manager who has new ideas and has more hunger then a manger who seems to go from one Premier league club to another! 

He has to play with what he's got and that's not a lot. He's performing miracles keeping that poor side up as it is. I'd rather have him than Puel any day.

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Backward step... 

Eddie Howe is a big forward step.

Puel in here, but while I like Eddie Howe the only way he moves on is to a big six cub, so pointless speculation. Rafa? Pass.

Edited by Deeg67

3 hours ago, Metal Lover said:

Settle down and let Puel do his work.  I don't know about you lot, but I dreamed about mid table Premier League.

What the heck are some of you thinking?

We are a million miles away from the dark days we went through.  The top 6 is a really hard nut to crack, but so is top 10 from where we were.

Chill and enjoy.

6th isn’t unrealistic... winning the premier league was unrealistic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Metal Lover said:

Settle down and let Puel do his work.  I don't know about you lot, but I dreamed about mid table Premier League.

What the heck are some of you thinking?

We are a million miles away from the dark days we went through.  The top 6 is a really hard nut to crack, but so is top 10 from where we were.

Chill and enjoy.

Enjoy? lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bunyip said:

He has to play with what he's got and that's not a lot. He's performing miracles keeping that poor side up as it is. I'd rather have him than Puel any day.

Hmm

Inter milan went from treble winners onto struggling sides for decades after hire him

I didnt want such miracles