Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

17 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

Or maybe being the studious type, we set up defensive and tight and try not to give anything away whilst he assesses the opposition, then tweaks the formation to exploit their weaknesses? I can believe the players/staff might be frustrated with this approach but this way we aren't likely to be 3 down at halftime and out of the game.

Pah! This is FoxesTalk get away with your well argued analysis . Everyone knows you have to play the same way in every match irrespective of what the opposition do or where adjustments are required to deal with manifestly superior players . It is just sheer mad manners and unsportsmanlike of the opposition managers to thwart this approach 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Yes, and Puel gave Eden Hazard his first game as a senior team footballer when managing Lille, so catching up with him is quite reasonable after the match. Indeed it is food for thought concerning Puel's eye for spotting and developing youth talent. 

While no one gets everything right in the transfer market, Puel's more expensive signings of Ricardo, Maddison, Ward, Benkovic and Soyuncu are looking sound. Lets hope that he has his eyes peeled for a young striker who suits his system. 

We are only Puel's second team to manage outside France, and his first was hardly a disaster. Remoulding the club after the title winning players hit their thirties needs time and continuity. 

Ward and Soyuncu have only played bit parts and Benkovic hasn't even played at all!   And as for Puels eye for spotting talent, I thought it was already established that the manager has absolutely nothing to do with recruitment. And what about the failures Nacho man, Silva etc ? 

38 minutes ago, somebum said:

You are right.. it really has been fantastic work from Puel so far. His argument really is stupid thanks for pointing that out. A wind yesterday and the win changes direction again. God you are a fickle simpleton.

Ahhhh, you guys have the same profile pic!

Uniteee, solidariteeee....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Ward and Soyuncu have only played bit parts and Benkovic hasn't even played at all!   And as for Puels eye for spotting talent, I thought it was already established that the manager has absolutely nothing to do with recruitment. And what about the failures Nacho man, Silva etc ? 

Ward has been good in the cup games, and Soyuncu has been impressive in his recent games. Benkovic certainly seems sound, I watched him in the Celtic Europa League game and he was their best player. 

Nacho and Silva were signed by the old regime, under Shakespeare as I recall. 

Certainly there has been a marked improvement in our signings since Puel has arrived. 

• Like 1

I don't get the surprise in their being unrest in the squad, it clear one of the objectives Pule was given is to address the age and balance of the squad.

He is in the process of moving on popular player in the squad, King, Simpson have been told to find another club, Okazaki, Morgan and Fuchs haven't been offer new contact, that's 20% of the squad.

Some time you have to do the hard things, that will cause faction in the squad to react.

1 hour ago, somebum said:

You are right.. it really has been fantastic work from Puel so far. His argument really is stupid thanks for pointing that out. A wind yesterday and the win changes direction again. God you are a fickle simpleton.

Not sure how I'm fickle when I've been consistently arguing Puel needs time to carry out a rebuild we've needed really since the end of 2016 and, unless a quality manager becomes available or we start flirting with relegation, he should be given that. I'm not swinging from in to out to in after every result. Also, are you really denying that yesterday's tactics were spot on? Trying to take away credit from the manager on that is daft (even more so when we all know it'd be his fault for the tactics if we lost) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

He didn't sign either of them? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

After watching the match its pretty obvious the players were doing their own thing 2nd half.

That's two second halves in a row they've done it then, they must just be shy in the first halves then. Or, it might just be tactics by the manager. If it was,  on both occasions I think he called it right. Well done Mr Puel ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I mean.... this just sums up many people on this thread.... there really is no answer when stuff like this is written ?‍♂️

So you think Nacho and Silva have been a great success and value for money then ?

2 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Interesting. You only cite ward soyuncu benkovic without even mention bit about the likes of Ricardo, Maddison. 

While I agree with ward if you say being too expensive for backup, soyuncu and benkovic are young player, yet to reach 23 years old and will be able to improve. It take evans couple games to start gel with our team, and further more with Ricardo. We need balance in building the team. Put too many people who still adapting, then the result will be sacrifice. Not a good balance. 

Soyuncu and benkovic were easen to our competition and team by their own way. We gave soyuncu some minutes, including important games against man city, while benkovic were getting experience in celtic and European competition. This is much better than just spend their money for one player on his peak which aren't guaranteed for success 

As for nacho silva etc, you just made puel look good. We have same recruitment team since post title win and somehow, its being a disaster until puel arrival, and coincidentally, he's famous for develop and nurture young player! What a coincidence.. Too much!! Or not coincidence at all??? 

So where do we go now then? I’ve read a lot of hypocrisy and name-calling since the Chelsea win, oh so typical of FT, but what is the stance now?

Puel-in?, Puel-out?, Puel shake it all about?

Does one win change people’s minds, or not......?

Let the saga roll-on..

:yesyes:

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So where do we go now then? I’ve read a lot of hypocrisy and name-calling since the Chelsea win, oh so typical of FT, but what is the stance now?

Let the saga roll-on..

Sorry but for me one win dosnt, tell the tail, how poor we have been and puels crazy selections, in other words one win does not paint over the cracks.  PUEL OUT 

Edited by lestajigs
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Let the saga roll-on..

Why haven’t we had the weekly poll yet?

• Haha 2

Great 1-0 at Chelsea, so proud of each & every player for their terrific performance. Despite the result this morning I have woke up to see the odds have shortened since yesterday for Claude Puel to be the next PL Manager to be sacked. Odds are currently 1/1. Other sites are also offering these odds as well.

The end for Puel is near.

D4A98086-565A-48AE-BD7E-578A54E3B045.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

So you think Nacho and Silva have been a great success and value for money then ?

59 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

By that logic, he didn't sign any of them ?

What fecking drugs are you on? 

Any chance of your dealers number? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can't imagine there's any real appetite from Top to sack Puel in the current circumstances unless results really take a turn for the worst and/or there is substance to the disharmony rumours. Although I'm far from convinced about him it would better all round if we can maintain a bit of stability and see where we are at the end of the season. I'm hoping he's bluffing about the club's intentions for the Jan transfer window though as we definitely need to strengthen our attacking options.