Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

We went 6 games unbeaten then lost against spurs and narrowly lost away to Palace and puel needs to go I think he gets unfair stick because he’s a boring bloke halfway through the season we’re on 25 points if we’re on 50 at the end of the season that’s about right for us. To boot he’s had to guide our players through one of the most testing periods any player is likely to go through. Khun vichai had faith in Puel so that’s good enough for me #puelin and he’s even started showing some Pashun on the sidelines 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

What a bizarre thing to say.

Can only speak for myself but I'm bloody delighted my team has won a game of football.

Whether it papers over cracks long term is a different issue but today I'm buzzing with the win and that's the bottom line.

This is foxestalk it’s not a bizarre thing to say on here,people are desperate for their opinion to be ‘right’

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think considering off field events, it far from dire.......

People have got to stop using the tradedgy as an excuse for poor form. For the games against Cardiff and Burnley, of course, they were unique occasions.

However the distraction and fatigue of that tragedy should be long gone. What remains is a strong togetherness and renewed purpose to honour Vichai. 

• Like 4

For anyone that went, did Puel's body language give any clues when he was on the pitch at the end ?? Where the players celebrating with him, any obviously snub him ??

I saw a clip of him laughing and joking with Hazard whilst walking off but not much interaction with our players.

Just now, Ricey said:

People have got to stop using the tradedgy as an excuse for poor form. For the games against Cardiff and Burnley, of course, they were unique occasions.

However the distraction and fatigue of that tragedy should be long gone. What remains is a strong togetherness and renewed purpose to honour Vichai. 

Never underestimate the impact off mental fatigue, some people who witness tragic events can take years to fully recover.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

For anyone that went, did Puel's body language give any clues when he was on the pitch at the end ?? Where the players celebrating with him, any obviously snub him ??

I saw a clip of him laughing and joking with Hazard whilst walking off but not much interaction with our players.

When we scored he ran up the side of the pitch in celebration when Vardy came off he embraced him but I don’t think he needs to do that sort of thing with the players I think stowell is the good cop and does that sort of thing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Wouldn't really class second hand opinions inside the football club as firm evidence, John. Speculation is entirely the correct word to use.

It's certainly not any kind of proof. There's no way whatsoever for himself or the reader to verify if everything is coming through his "source".

Also, seems like he's deleted it.

Never think it's wise for big names to row on Twitter tbh. 

But I agree with you, we can't validate what he says, sports journalists are in a unique place of being able to BS and have very few repercussions 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Screenshot_20181222-222732.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I think a lot of people confuse poor form with poor performances 2 losses in the premier league is not poor form

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Well, he gave Vardy a hug and they laughed when he came off the pitch. I did see that.

9 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Yes I noticed his little tete a tete with Hazard after the game, maybe he waits to speak to our players behind closed doors, who knows? He is so unpopular with our fans though! 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

I think perhaps the opposite is true.  In my unqualified opinion, with a traumatic event such as they have been through, the Cardiff and Burnley games would have been fuelled with adrenelin.  It is when that has subsided that the grieving and mental fatigue takes it's toll. 

• Like 4

It's a start. A great feeling start, but really it's only that - not a justification for all of the Puel criticisms to go away.

I was absolutely ecstatic when the game was over, and I don't mean to take away from that jubilation - Ricardo, Chilly, Hamza were stunning for me, Madders and Vardy combined well for the goal and second half we were full of running and energy; I really missed that feeling of watching us and thinking we could score a couple if we kept playing that way. It may not be tenable like it used to be, but that rush when we win the ball and just have players streaming forward on the attack is something I really think we should utilise if and when our passing game just isn't working. Maybe there's a reason for it, but I'd love to just see a bit more tactical flexibility from Puel to pick a playstyle that suits the game rather than just constantly trying to impose the same passing style no matter the opposition or scenario. The change today was similar in impetus in the second half as the Man City game, and I'd just love us to kick into that gear earlier than the 2nd half!

In the end, I don't think today's result should drastically affect people's perceptions on Puel, and people shouldn't expect it to. It was much better than some of the recent games, and I tentatively remain Puel in, but I think the result does mask some recurring issues that haven't quite been ironed out. He got a lot right today, and I didn't expect a win at all, so I'm loving the 3 points, but he needs to get us playing more consistently throughout the 90 minutes I think for me to be fully behind him. In many ways it's not the results, (though I'll never complain about a win!) and more that I just want to watch Leicester and feel like we look like we could score more often than we usually have this season.

I'd like to see us retain the 4-3-3-esque formation, I think as others have noted that it gives Chilly and Ricardo a lot more freedom, and with our paucity of creative midfielders, we'll likely need to focus on those two bombing forward to offset the lack of creativity in the middle. I think the trio of Hamza/Ndidi/Mendy works decently for backs against the wall performances like this one, but I think we could struggle against sides that require more finesse from us to unlock defences. Whether that comes from trying one of Silva/Iborra in the three - though of course it feels like we've tried that a couple of times to little effect, or hopefully getting a new signing into that midfield to give us a lift and relieve some of the creative pressure on Madders and full-backs. I don't think we're too far from a pretty decent starting 11, and I really hope Puel continues where this game left off going forward and kicks on to better things, but meanwhile it's far too early to criticise or expect people who want Puel out to change their minds. When a dour performance is the exception to the rule, then I think we can talk about Puel out being incorrect. Though I do feel like a lot of the knee-jerk reaction is because it does feel very incongruous to look at our performance, have felt the emotion from the win and then see people continue to be Puel out when the result was so unexpectedly good.

But I'm quietly optimistic after this one and the Man City 2nd half. Certainly a lot more than in previous weeks, so fingers crossed we're looking for a couple of signings in the transfer window and looking to offload a fair few players that we just don't need, and can continue to improve on the pitch!

Edited by The_Rorab
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Hopefully asking him to put in a good word about us to Thorgan... :whistle:

Eden has said he will probably leave Chelsea in the summer so maybe he's waiting to see if Puel is still here before deciding whether to join us. No point in him joining Real Madrid as they are shit at the moment. #Puel in #Eden in! 

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

With all due respect, are you in any position to make such a judgement? The effects of trauma can be many and various.

Probably badly worded. I should have said that the brunt of that distraction and fatigue has passed.

Of course they will still be grieving, but you could make a case for that bringing positives, in regards to team spirit and motivation, as much as it brings negatives.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I'm Puel Out but credit it where it's due for that second half and the end result.

I thought the first half summed up exactly why I can't ever see myself being fully behind Puel; seven defensive players on the pitch, ten men behind the ball and Vardy 10 yards deeps in our own half with no outlet up front - it felt like a matter of time before they'd find their way through.

But then second half we looked hungry. Vardy was playing on the last man and we were getting bodies in and around him with some neat interplay. The closing down was enthusiastic. We broke with intent.

If there is more where that came from then I'd be willing to give Puel more time. Let's enjoy the win today and re-assess after Cardiff at home.

Good post. I am with you.

First half was the devastating style of Puel.

Second half is a combination of Puel with the old Leicester traits of high intensity, first time, more direct English style. Combining them can be quite effective. I hope this is what Puel wants and we keep doing this more.  Possession style football is ok so long as it is also direct and quick that the players did so well before. Doing it the slow and side ways will not work unless the whole squad is full of Ronaldos because the other teams will have 7 defenders back instead of allowing Vardy to face one or two which he does best. He is never going to be a target men that can play alone with 5 or 6 defenders in front of him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Adster said:

Geoff Peters will be in meltdown hahahahahahah #PuelIN

11 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Always have thought he spouts a lot of nonsense 

I've been highlighting some of these issues for a while.

Now they got to a level where even non playing staff are kicking off, hence why it's become a national story.

People choose what they want to believe, me included.

If some think everything is fine and dandy behind the scenes that's up to them.

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

7 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Seems to have an issue with the Merc recently, probably all those bloody ads

Who was this conversation between and what prompted it?

By the way, John Percy is as well connected as journalists go regarding the inner workings of the club. He's not one to take a punt on idle gossip. He does his research very well. 

38 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I've been highlighting some of these issues for a while.

Now they got to a level where even non playing staff are kicking off, hence why it's become a national story.

People choose what they want to believe, me included.

If some think everything is fine and dandy behind the scenes that's up to them.

Who was this conversation between and what prompted it?

By the way, John Percy is as well connected as journalists go regarding the inner workings of the club. He's not one to take a punt on idle gossip. He does his research very well. 

'National story'

Utter dross. The press can get to **** on this, and that includes Percy